Off-Topic: The Washington Wizards Thread

turtle28

2 hours ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

https://es.pn/2pveVVX

“How about Otto PorterKelly Oubre, and Markieff Morris for Gibson and Butler? Would the Wiz have to toss in a pick? I'm unconvinced. Minnesota gets three legit rotation players for a post-Butler playoff push, and two versatile young wings in Oubre and Porter. This deal pushes Minnesota a hair over the tax, but they'd be able to duck back under. (The simpler deal -- Porter and Oubre for Butler -- takes Minnesota too far over.)”

I make that move in a second.

Oh yes sir, gimmie some of that. We can start Taj Gibson or Jeff Green at the 4. Both are stretch 4’s who play good defense.

The Wizards have to make this move - if it’s accepted by the T-Wolves - to get out of Porters bad contract. It’s the only way to improve the team w/o trading Beal also, which should only happen for a super star.

With a 3rd twenty-point scorer, who actually takes defense seriously and will guard the opposing teams top scorer, the Wizards will be a contender. Now, whether they really are or not is a question but if you have 3 of the best players in the league at PG & the two wings spots and two good defenders at PF & C, you should have one of the best teams in the conference. 

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 10:49 AM, turtle28 said:

Oh yes sir, gimmie some of that. We can start Taj Gibson or Jeff Green at the 4. Both are stretch 4’s who play good defense.

The Wizards have to make this move - if it’s accepted by the T-Wolves - to get out of Porters bad contract. It’s the only way to improve the team w/o trading Beal also, which should only happen for a super star.

With a 3rd twenty-point scorer, who actually takes defense seriously and will guard the opposing teams top scorer, the Wizards will be a contender. Now, whether they really are or not is a question but if you have 3 of the best players in the league at PG & the two wings spots and two good defenders at PF & C, you should have one of the best teams in the conference. 

Who's shooting less? Jamming a bunch of a me-first, ball-dominant, shoot-first players on a team doesn't always work.

"Porters bad contract" won't be mentioned next year when Wall starts making that $42 million on average the next four years.

Mahimni making 3Xs as much as Howard the next two years. How's that for bad? LOL.

Excited to see Troy Brown develop. Between Porter, Oubre, and Brown it's clear the Wizards are building a team of versatile guys that can play and defend multiple positions.

11 hours ago, Skinsin2013 said:

Who's shooting less? Jamming a bunch of a me-first, ball-dominant, shoot-first players on a team doesn't always work.

"Porters bad contract" won't be mentioned next year when Wall starts making that $42 million on average the next four years.

Mahimni making 3Xs as much as Howard the next two years. How's that for bad? LOL.

Excited to see Troy Brown develop. Between Porter, Oubre, and Brown it's clear the Wizards are building a team of versatile guys that can play and defend multiple positions.

Wall will shoot less. He passes as much as he shoots (he averages 20 pts & 10 assists) and Beal - for as much as I love him - isn’t as aggressive as I’d like him to be at times and he’s not clutch yet - and may never be - in the 4th quarter. Butler can be the finisher this team has missed since Pierce left, other than when Wall does it. Butler is also a great perimeter defender, something we currently don’t have.

I’m wondering if you added Porter, Oubre & Morris’ shots together?

They shoot 32 times a game.

Butler and Taj Gibson take 25 shots a game.

So, that math works out.

Edited by turtle28

12 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Wall will shoot less. He passes as much as he shoots (he averages 20 pts & 10 assists) and Beal - for as much as I love him - isn’t as aggressive as I’d like him to be at times and he’s not clutch yet - and may never be - in the 4th quarter. Butler can be the finisher this team has missed since Pierce left, other than when Wall does it. Butler is also a great perimeter defender, something we currently don’t have.

I’m wondering if you added Porter, Oubre & Morris’ shots together?

They shoot 32 times a game.

Butler and Taj Gibson take 25 shots a game.

So, that math works out.

Wall should pass a lot more than he shoots. I don't mind him shooting... he just needs to cut it down a few per game. You have to have that threat as it creates space for others. His best shot, of course, is a driving layup or dunk. I think he gasses in the fourth. That's understandable... he's using up that motor early on.

SF is clogged a bit. Porter is the clear starter. But Oubre wants to play more and it's a contract year. I think he'll end up getting traded and Brown will fill his role eventually. It's early on of course... but I like Brown's potential more than I do Oubre's. Oubre's basketball IQ is low.

• Like 2

On 9/26/2018 at 12:02 PM, MKnight82 said:

They could but they’d be way over the luxury tax and completely capped out.  It would make acquiring anyone else very difficult.

True, but presumably if you had Wall, Beal, Butler, Gibson/Green and Howard, you wouldn’t need to acquire anyone else except for your draft picks.

On 9/26/2018 at 10:00 AM, Skinsin2013 said:

Wall should pass a lot more than he shoots. I don't mind him shooting... he just needs to cut it down a few per game. You have to have that threat as it creates space for others. His best shot, of course, is a driving layup or dunk. I think he gasses in the fourth. That's understandable... he's using up that motor early on.

SF is clogged a bit. Porter is the clear starter. But Oubre wants to play more and it's a contract year. I think he'll end up getting traded and Brown will fill his role eventually. It's early on of course... but I like Brown's potential more than I do Oubre's. Oubre's basketball IQ is low.

100% agree with you and I’d like to see Wall shoot less, especially in the 4th quarter but the only way they happens is if Beal or Porter are knocking down their shots in the 4th. If they aren’t, Wall is going to feel the need to to try to take over the game in the 4th quarter like he’s done often. 

I’ve said for 4 years that I want Beal to be the closer in the 4th, but it just hasn’t happened. Beal is usually good for 3 quarters and then erratic or crumbles under the pressure in the 4th, while Wall seems to rise to the occasion, at least sometimes. 

2 hours ago, Skinsin2013 said:

Mahimni lost a good amount of weight and looks MUCH more mobile. Also added a three to his repertoire. I'm digging it.

I think he lost 30 or 40 pounds before last season started. Has he lost even more? He can’t lose too much more.

Losing the weight has definitely helped him though.