Off-Topic: The Washington Wizards Thread

turtle28

39 minutes ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

It’s honestly impressive how the Wizards are effectively tanking without making any roster moves.

It’s beyond amazing! I still don’t understand why this team can’t win - besides they suck at D - bc they have so much talent. 

Oh well, I’m frustrated about it but I’m a fan no matter what. I’ve watched them for 3 decades when they usually didn’t win 30 games. 

Edited by turtle28

The Wizards beat the heat tonight despite their starting forwards only combining for 11 points and going 0-3 from 3.

So the starting forwards on the team aren’t the problem?

Who honestly still believes that about the Wizards? Seriously?

Edited by turtle28

11 hours ago, turtle28 said:

It’s beyond amazing! I still don’t understand why this team can’t win - besides they suck at D - bc they have so much talent. 

Oh well, I’m frustrated about it but I’m a fan no matter what. I’ve watched them for 3 decades when they usually didn’t win 30 games. 

It’s because they have no leadership.  Wall and Beal hate each other.  

19 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

It’s because they have no leadership.  Wall and Beal hate each other.  

There’s really nothing to verify that and if that was truly true, Beal would demand a trade or wouldn’t have re-signed here long term 3 years but he did re-sign long term and he’s never wanted trades.

My analysis of their relationship is that they don’t always see eye to eye and that’s true of  every relationship in life. Even best friends don’t agree with each other 100% of the time. 

Do I think Wall & Beal are close friends? No, no I don’t. Do they have to be in order to be a consistent playoff team? No, I Conor because they’ve been a consistent playoff team since Beal was drafted to play alongside Wall.

Do I think they despise each other? I don’t think that either. I think they coexist and have as a backcourt since Beal was drafted. They’re just different types of guys but they doesn’t mean they hate each other.  

I don’t know, after that “everybody eats” nonsense when Wall got hurt, I think it’s pretty clear that locker room is a radioactive dump.

I feel like Scott Brooks is a really good guy, but the cart has been pulling the horse for a while now, and things are only going to get worse as the losses stack up.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

I don’t know, after that “everybody eats” nonsense when Wall got hurt, I think it’s pretty clear that locker room is a radioactive dump.

I feel like Scott Brooks is a really good guy, but the cart has been pulling the horse for a while now, and things are only going to get worse as the losses stack up.

Possibly, it’s hard too say that that isn’t a possibly.

speaking of losses... The Wizards have a winning streak!

Last nights loss was inexcusable! Horrible effort on the defensive end once again from most of the starting 5, save Howard (25 pts, 17 rebs). 

You’re 5 best 3pt shooters can’t go 2-14 and you win many games. Defense and 3pt shooting must improve or this team is going nowhere.

19 minutes ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

The team is terrible at defense and rebounding, all the places effort matters. Things like that don’t just get better suddenly.

Well except for Dwight, but he can’t cover up for everyone else if they’re not at least giving max effort.

13 minutes ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25320702/washington-wizards-include-john-wall-bradley-beal-trade-scenarios

Need to fire EG before you do anything. Otherwise we'll tank this year and then trade the pick to get the ghost of Derrick Rose or something.

They would be foolish to trade Beal.  Wall is the one that needs to go.  His contract is going to cripple the franchise.  Get out now while you can, like the Clippers did with Blake Griffin.