Off-Topic: The Washington Wizards Thread

turtle28

Back to back games with guards beating up on our guards.

Here's an accurate take IMO:

https://twitter.com/KeithSmithNBA/status/1064555965301907456

Keith SmithVerified account @KeithSmithNBA 4h4 hours ago

Talking to folks around the league it is very clear that the trade value of Washington's players goes: Bradley Beal Otto Porter Jr John Wall Teams are terrified of Wall's extension. One told me "$47M four years from now could cripple your team."

--------

And at this point, I think you dump Wall's contract for limited talent but expiring money.

Edited by Skinsin2013

9 minutes ago, Skinsin2013 said:

Back to back games with guards beating up on our guards.

Here's an accurate take IMO:

https://twitter.com/KeithSmithNBA/status/1064555965301907456

Keith SmithVerified account @KeithSmithNBA 4h4 hours ago

Talking to folks around the league it is very clear that the trade value of Washington's players goes: Bradley Beal Otto Porter Jr John Wall Teams are terrified of Wall's extension. One told me "$47M four years from now could cripple your team."

--------

And at this point, I think you dump Wall's contract for limited talent but expiring money.

No one needs a PG though.  The Magic and Suns are the only 2 I can think about such a trade financially, and Wall doesn't fit either of their team's timeframe for competing.  

On 11/12/2018 at 7:54 AM, Jeezy Fanatic said:

I don’t know, after that “everybody eats” nonsense when Wall got hurt, I think it’s pretty clear that locker room is a radioactive dump.

I feel like Scott Brooks is a really good guy, but the cart has been pulling the horse for a while now, and things are only going to get worse as the losses stack up.

I was optimistic enough to think it might take more than a week:

• Like 2

9 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

John Wall has got to go.

Not that big of a deal, players yell at coaches all the time. Brooks is definitely right though. This team has been coasting for two years now. They need to play like they care and want to win, especially with their efforts on defense.

On 11/18/2018 at 11:45 AM, MKnight82 said:

How terrible are you if Dwight Howard is giving the most effort?

Dwight’s always been a good defender, he loves blocking shots and rebounding but yes, the effort on this team for the most part of two years has been ish!

34 minutes ago, TheGreeK1973 said:

Damn nice win last night.  Can they keep it together for a couple of more games?

I hope so, but this team is still fractured and erratic, it’s been that way for a few years. I personally don’t get all the in-fighting that happens sometimes; when they co-exist they’re one of the best teams in the conference.

So, yes, the Wizards won on Tues but they have a major problem in shooting the 3 & it starts with the 2 guys who are supposed to be our sharp shooters (Beal & Porter). Wall’s anomaly behind the line was 5-12 from 3 and it overcast how bad most of the rest of the team was from beind the arch, most of the team was 4-19 & Beal/Porter were a putrid 1-7!

Can’t win often w/ that!

Edited by turtle28

Theyre getting run out of the gym bc of poor effort and horrible 3-pt shooting. Toronto has 101 pts in the 3rd quarter. Beal’s last two shots were an airball and a block. 

Toronto closes the 3rd on a 12-4 run! Ugh 

Edited by turtle28

On 11/19/2018 at 7:13 PM, turtle28 said:

I’ve been calling for this for years. It used to be to get Boogie. Seems they may be ready my mind.

Put on a nice show for them tonight, if they needed any more convincing. 

I don’t see a whole lot they’d give up that we’d be interested in. Julius Randle, I guess, but he’s a FA after the season. We’d probably have to take back Solomon Hill’s contract also, in order to make the money work. 

Maybe we could take back some future 1st round picks though. Bet on the Brow leaving for greener pastures and hope to steal their “rebuilding years” lottery picks? Salary relief plus some major lottery tickets — I’d probably do that. Otto is a nice enough player and seems like a nice guy, but he is what he is. A good shooter and wing defender who will never be more than a third fiddle. And we’re paying too much for our first two fiddles to pay that kinda salary for a decent #3 guy. 

• Like 1