Off-Topic: The Washington Wizards Thread

turtle28

On 11/26/2018 at 12:25 PM, Skinsin2013 said:

Two reasons 3pt shooting is down this year:

1) Wall and Oubre are shooting way too many; and

2) Wall, far too often, slows down the offense to a snail's pace. Couple that with a lack of ball movement and you have way too many contested 3s.

So, it has nothing to do with the fact that the two guys who are supposed to be our best two 3 point shooters (Beal and Porter) are shooting poorly from 3?

Beal is shooting a career low from 3 and Porter is shooting the second worst % of his career and worst since his second season when he was a back up.

If Beal & Porter were shooting what they should be from 3 (40 to 44%) then, the Wizards would’ve won a few more games this year. You can’t tell me that if Beal wasn’t hitting 1 to 1.5 more three’s a game and scoring 3 more ppg and Porter was hitting 3s like he was 2 years ago - when he led the league at one point in 3 point % - and scoring 15-16 ppg that the Wizards wouldn’t be better off.

It’s not always just about a Wall...

I just don’t know how anyone is supposed to take your points seriously when you give currently our two best shooters - and currently our two highest paid players - passes on their poor shooting and mostly inconsistently play.

Edited by turtle28

5 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I like the trade for the Wizards. Probably won’t mean much currently but could in the future if they do trade Otto, Beal and/or Morris in the second half of the season.

I can’t tell if you’re being serious?  Dekker is garbage, he was salary filler in this trade and for some reason the Wizards wanted him.

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

I can’t tell if you’re being serious?  Dekker is garbage, he was salary filler in this trade and for some reason the Wizards wanted him.

You just never know. It’s not like the guy isn’t talented. He could be a reserve stretch 4 for us somewhere down the line.

18 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Trading Beal would be so stupid. 

I don’t think they’re ever going to trade him or Wall bc they’re never going to get back what they’d want by trading either which, is at least a comparable player.

They could’ve traded Beal for Paul George or Kawhai Leonard but I don’t think he was offered, I don’t know if that kind of player becomes available again. A package including Beal and Oubre etc for one of those two would’ve done it, but it’s too late, Ernie missed the opportunity to take the Wizards from mediocre or just above to an Eastern Conference contender by not trading for one of those two guys when he could have.

Like, Beal for Ingram & Kuzmah is enticing, but I wouldn’t do it.

Trading Porter is where it’s at, but I honestly think we’re stuck with him.

I like Porter, he’s just not worth the max contract. I wanted to re-sign him a few years ago bc I was afraid if we lost him we wouldn’t be able to replace him. Now, I’m regretting that opinion, he’s seemed to have regressed since he signed that LTD and he’s had a lot of injury issues mostly with his hip which is a concern. I thought that by now Porter would be averaging 17-18 ppg, but he’s averaging about 3 points less than he did last year, mostly bc his 3-point shot has gone to ish!

In retrospect we should’ve signed Bo Buckets for 2 years, $21 million like the Pacers did and let Porter go. 

BoBuckets is making $15.5 million less than Porter and averaging 4 points more per game.

Edited by turtle28

21 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Trading Beal would be so stupid. 

I say it depends on what you got for him. If you can get young talent like Ingram and Kuzma. You do it! Beal IMO should be able to give you 25-30 points a night at this time in his career but I just don't see that aggressiveness in him daily. He would be a perfect Robin to LeBron and might be able to take his game to the next level paired with Lebron. Staying here I just dont see too much more growth in his game or mentality to take games over. 

3 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

I say it depends on what you got for him. If you can get young talent like Ingram and Kuzma. You do it! Beal IMO should be able to give you 25-30 points a night at this time in his career but I just don't see that aggressiveness in him daily. He would be a perfect Robin to LeBron and might be able to take his game to the next level paired with Lebron. Staying here I just dont see too much more growth in his game or mentality to take games over. 

We’re not in the business of giving LeBron another shot at a ring. We’re in the business of doing what’s best for the Wizards. Getting two mediocre forwards for an All-Star SG just doesn’t seem like a good idea. 

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

We’re not in the business of giving LeBron another shot at a ring. We’re in the business of doing what’s best for the Wizards. Getting two mediocre forwards for an All-Star SG just doesn’t seem like a good idea. 

You dont know what businesses moves they are looking at. They should be looking to get better, but just like the bum *** Skins top management sucks! How long have the rumors swirled that Beal and Wall don't get along? When has Beal given you Back 2 Back 30 point games? Please stop commenting on my stuff just because you dont agree. Cool you might not like the idea but it's something they need to think about. Experts have talked about this deal working and how LeBron could use a shooter like Beal. Well we could use the young talent of Kuzma and Ingram to replace him point blank and simple. It's not the business of helping LeBron it's the business of maybe going a different direction. They suck right now!!! Who did they just loss to yesterday? Without change how does anything get better?

They just traded for Dekker a guy who cant hit the 3. Why? Ingram and Kuzma are better than him! 

23 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

You dont know what businesses moves they are looking at. They should be looking to get better, but just like the bum *** Skins top management sucks! How long have the rumors swirled that Beal and Wall don't get along? When has Beal given you Back 2 Back 30 point games? Please stop commenting on my stuff just because you dont agree. Cool you might not like the idea but it's something they need to think about. Experts have talked about this deal working and how LeBron could use a shooter like Beal. Well we could use the young talent of Kuzma and Ingram to replace him point blank and simple. It's not the business of helping LeBron it's the business of maybe going a different direction. They suck right now!!! Who did they just loss to yesterday? Without change how does anything get better?

They just traded for Dekker a guy who cant hit the 3. Why? Ingram and Kuzma are better than him! 

They traded for Dekker for salary cap relief, just like they did before the season when they trade Meeks. I believe they dropped $10 m in salary between those two trades.

They gave us Jason Smith for Dekker, not exactly the same as trading an All-Star shooting guard.

The fact that they haven’t trade Beal when they could have 3 years in a row tells me that aren’t just going to trade him away for anyone, which is exactly what Ingram and Kuzma are. They’re ok roll players but you’re not trading an All-Star for them.

45 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

They traded for Dekker for salary cap relief, just like they did before the season when they trade Meeks. I believe they dropped $10 m in salary between those two trades.

They gave us Jason Smith for Dekker, not exactly the same as trading an All-Star shooting guard.

The fact that they haven’t trade Beal when they could have 3 years in a row tells me that aren’t just going to trade him away for anyone, which is exactly what Ingram and Kuzma are. They’re ok roll players but you’re not trading an All-Star for them.

Dude they just put Wall and Beal on the available trade list this season! They haven't been available the past 3 years. Maybe that's why Beal wasn't traded the past years. You have no idea on getting them to a final so until you can comment on that, please stay out of my post. Keep cheering the losing group that they have now and have had consistently for some time now! Wall and Beal haven't gotten us anywhere!!!!! 

On 12/9/2018 at 2:14 PM, Skins212689 said:

Dude they just put Wall and Beal on the available trade list this season! They haven't been available the past 3 years. Maybe that's why Beal wasn't traded the past years. You have no idea on getting them to a final so until you can comment on that, please stay out of my post. Keep cheering the losing group that they have now and have had consistently for some time now! Wall and Beal haven't gotten us anywhere!!!!! 

No one has any idea what will happen. Here’s the deal, when one of them is traded you can come and say hey Turtle, yiu were wrong and I told you so. Until then, you don’t know anymore than I do.

For the Record, Wall & Beal have gotten this team further than any other players in the last 39 years, and we should NOT take that for granted.

On 12/8/2018 at 12:13 PM, turtle28 said:
I like the trade for the Wizards. Probably won’t mean much currently but could in the future if they do trade Otto, Beal and/or Morris in the second half of the season.

It's not like he's on his 4th team in 4 seasons or anything.