Off-Topic: The Washington Wizards Thread

turtle28

13 hours ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

Doesn’t mean anything if you can’t rebound 

We could definitely use Kerrigan on the Wiz at power forward, he could grab 10 boards a game for sure, unlike our two guys who’ve been starting/playing PF this year - Morris and Green.

11 hours ago, Skinsin2013 said:

1 for 7. 7 points. 7 turnovers.

Supermax!

He definitely needs to fix whatever is wrong with him.

Only 7 pts, 4 rebs & 5 asts from Beal too. Just a sad effort from the Wizards back court.

Oh, and it’d be nice if our current highest paid player played in games also.

Edited by turtle28

5 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

He definitely needs to fix whatever is wrong with him.

Only 7 pts, 4 rebs & 5 asts from Beal too. Just a sad effort from the Wizards back court.

Oh, and it’d be nice if our current highest paid player played in games also.

Wall is the most consistent one out of the highest paid guys. When Beal and Porter consistenly play at a All-star level let me know. Don't give me anything about the past. I'm talking right now. Wall has had injury problems in the past, don't now use his contract as a way to say what he can or can't do if hurt or sitting out for personal reasons.

37 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Wall is the most consistent one out of the highest paid guys. When Beal and Porter consistenly play at a All-star level let me know. Don't give me anything about the past. I'm talking right now. Wall has had injury problems in the past, don't now use his contract as a way to say what he can or can't do if hurt or sitting out for personal reasons.

I think were in the same page. It’s others in this forum that want to say Wall is the only problem. 

21 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

I want what you're smoking. Only one of those guys has a chance at playing in the all-star game this year. It isn't Wall.

I wish Porter was playing too. We're much better off with him in the lineup. We can miss Wall and be okay. I think we're 2-6 or 2-7 without Porter. Weird how that works.

6 hours ago, Skinsin2013 said:

I want what you're smoking. Only one of those guys has a chance at playing in the all-star game this year. It isn't Wall.

I wish Porter was playing too. We're much better off with him in the lineup. We can miss Wall and be okay. I think we're 2-6 or 2-7 without Porter. Weird how that works.

Weird how Wall gets all the Heat but Beal barely can average 25 a game. I thought he was suppose to be as good as Klay Thompson but definitely isn't! Once again Wall is more consistent than Beal and Porter!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

Weird how Wall gets all the Heat but Beal barely can average 25 a game. I thought he was suppose to be as good as Klay Thompson but definitely isn't! Once again Wall is more consistent than Beal and Porter!

Beal is 14th in the NBA in scoring... but that's not good enough because he isn't top 10?  O.o

Have you seen Wall's home/away splits?  O.o

Have you seen what Wall has done since the LA game? O.o

He's definitely the most inconsistent of the three.

How can a supermax guard shoot 69% from the FT line? Why does he shoot 5 3pt shots a game when he only shoots 30% from 3?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skinsin2013 said:

Beal is 14th in the NBA in scoring... but that's not good enough because he isn't top 10?  O.o

How can a supermax guard shoot 69% from the FT line? Why does he shoot 5 3pt shots a game when he only shoots 30% from 3?

There’s no doubt that Wall has underperformed but he’s not the only problem with the wizards. I don’t know why anyone who watches them regularly and apparently writes blogs about them can’t see that.

In the same game you’re complaining that Wall has just 7 pts & 7 assists and a horrible 7 turnovers, Beal too played like ish with only 7 pts but he gets a pass from people like you because you just want to ish on Wall everyday of the year and make him out to be the Wizards scapegoat.

That just is not an accurate description of the depths of issues the Wizards franchise and team the last two years.

1. There’s little accountability in the organization at all. It seems to me that Scott Brooks is nice fella and he knows basketball but neither him, Grunfield or Ted hold any of the players accountable at all. 

I didn’t like Wittman as a HC bc he usually wouldn’t play young players but he was a hardline no nonsense coach and the Wizards need someone like that to get these players in line. They shouldn’t need that, but sadly they do.

2. It is a major issue that John Wall is playing so inconsistently especially his splits between home and away which are awful. 

He is not the only inconsistent player though!

3. Beal is inconsistent as well, his 3 point % keeps dropping, he’s inconsistent in the 4th quarter. He and Wall are both inconsistent on the defensive end.

4. Porter has not developed into the player some thought he would when we gave him the max deal making him the highest paid player on the team. Last year he showed signs of getting more aggressive and he averaged nearly 15 ppg, but they’re paying him to be a 3 point sharp shooter and a good to great defender and his 3 pt percentage has dropped each of the last two seasons and he’s consistently battling injuries as he is now. Porter hasn’t come close to living up to his deal the last two years. With the amount he’s getting paid he should be scoring around 20 ppg on top of his rebounding and if he was the team would also be winning more.

5. Markief Morris has regressed the last two seasons and Howard’s injury really really has affected the Wizards’ defense and rebounding. I admire what Bryant is developing into but the Wizards miss Howard and his 12-15 ppg, 10-12 rebs per game in the middle and especially his rim protection.

Edited by turtle28

1 hour ago, Skinsin2013 said:

Everyone is shooting 3's these days (even Power Forwards and Center's) that's why Wall is allowed to do the same, even though he isn't that great at it. The game has changed. I would prefer the 3's being taken by guys like Beal, Porter, Morris, or Green. I don't follow every game, but I keep hearing and reading all this negative talk about Wall because of his contract like Beal and Porter are playing lights out when thats clearly not the case. 

3 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

keep hearing and reading all this negative talk about Wall because of his contract like Beal and Porter are playing lights out when thats clearly not the case. 

You keep hearing that about Wall because his supermax kicks in next year, and he needs to be playing like a top 10 player in the NBA to be worth that money.  He is not a top 10 player in the NBA.