Off-Topic: The Washington Wizards Thread

turtle28

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/nba-insider-tom-haberstroh/wall-injury-could-help-wiz-short-and-long-term

We also might see a different Otto Porter now that Wall is sidelined. In the 121 minutes that Porter has played without Wall this season, he has played like the star they envisioned, averaging 19.6 points, 8.3 rebounds per 36 minutes while shooting 52 percent from the floor and 38.9 percent from deep, per NBA.com tracking. Those numbers shrink to 13.2 points, 6.6 rebounds and 47 percent shooting with Wall on the floor. Last season, a similar trend followed: Porter’s numbers ballooned without Wall across the board.

17 minutes ago, Skinsin2013 said:

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/nba-insider-tom-haberstroh/wall-injury-could-help-wiz-short-and-long-term

We also might see a different Otto Porter now that Wall is sidelined. In the 121 minutes that Porter has played without Wall this season, he has played like the star they envisioned, averaging 19.6 points, 8.3 rebounds per 36 minutes while shooting 52 percent from the floor and 38.9 percent from deep, per NBA.com tracking. Those numbers shrink to 13.2 points, 6.6 rebounds and 47 percent shooting with Wall on the floor. Last season, a similar trend followed: Porter’s numbers ballooned without Wall across the board.

Yeah, when Is Porter going to play again? I feel like he’s missed a month.

2 hours ago, Skinsin2013 said:

So with Wall done for the year, the Truth will reveal itself wether or not Beal can lead this team and can Porter step his game up! So there should be no more Wall blaming. Start calling Porter and Beal out. Wall had nothing to do with Beal numbers tonite from 3 point range. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skinsin2013 said:

Tell Turtle. I've said the same thing.

Connect the player/team with the winning % the last two years:

Without Wall
Overall Wizards Record

Without Otto

Well, we’ll actually have 1/2 a season of a sample size to see. Let’s see if they actually do better over half a season and not just a short sample size. Let’s see if Beal & Porter shoot better from 3 the second half of the year since in your eyes Wall is the mail problem with their play, and not their own inconsistent play. I care very little in what happened last year, or for small spurts this year when Beal & Porter probably weren’t going vs starters this year bc Wall wasn’t on the court too.

So far, Beal 1-6 last night vs Charlotte or 16.667%. Not very good there cuz

Edited by turtle28

9 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Well, we’ll actually have 1/2 a season of a sample size to see. Let’s see if they actually do better over half a season and not just a short sample size. Let’s see if Beal & Porter shoot better from 3 the second half of the year since in your eyes Wall is the mail problem with their play, and not their own inconsistent play. I care very little in what happened last year, or for small spurts this year when Beal & Porter probably weren’t going vs starters this year bc Wall wasn’t on the court too.

So far, Beal 1-6 last night vs Charlotte or 16.667%. Not very good there cuz

Over the past two years >>>>> The rest of this season

In terms of sample size.

Beal creates his own shot. If anything, he'll regress back to his mean.

5 minutes ago, Skinsin2013 said:

Read the comments.

They’re irrelevant. The truth is the Wizards have been an under .500 team w/o Wall. Historically since Wall & Beal have played together the Wizards have been a winning team, and nearly made the Eastern Conference Finals twice. Sadly, the last two years Wall has been hurt and this year Howard and Porter got hurt too. 

Edited by turtle28

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Championship 

So you've lowered yourself to sarcasm... when we win? 

Honestly, I wish we'd trade Beal, get back some really nice assets, tank, get a nice asset, and move forward. I'd still trade Wall when he got healthy and built up his trade stock.

The short-term winning isn't helping anything. The Wiz will essentially end up like a 7-9 Redskins team.

1 hour ago, Skinsin2013 said:

So you've lowered yourself to sarcasm... when we win? 

Honestly, I wish we'd trade Beal, get back some really nice assets, tank, get a nice asset, and move forward. I'd still trade Wall when he got healthy and built up his trade stock.

The short-term winning isn't helping anything. The Wiz will essentially end up like a 7-9 Redskins team.

Wall is un-tradeable.  

• Like 1