Off-Topic: The Washington Wizards Thread

turtle28

Just now, MKnight82 said:

They aren't going to resign either Portis or Parker.  They'd be stupid to do either (wait maybe they will then).  Why would you dump Otto Porter's salary (a better player than either Portis or Parker) to overpay to keep either one of those guys?  

They don't really have a true #4 otherwise since they ditched Morris? Plus, they probably should have drafted Portis back in 2015 instead of Oubre.

Who cares?  The 2019-2020 season is already lost.  Just tank. 

While I agree with the tank angle, was just thinking why they might take one of the two. It would at least make sense (especially given Portis' youth).

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/rankings/2019/cap-hit/ 

John Wall will be the 4th highest paid player in the league next year while he sits at home.  

John Wall will be paid more than Lebron James next year.  

Peak John Wall is what, the 20th best player in the league?  This is the worst contract in the NBA. 

Edited by MKnight82

1 minute ago, Woz said:

While I agree with the tank angle, was just thinking why they might take one of the two. It would at least make sense (especially given Portis' youth).

There's really no point, unless they can get him signed to a reasonable 3-4 year deal and then use that as a trade asset.  

I actually think the Wizards future outlook is currently worse than the Redskins, and that is BAD.  The John Wall contract is going to ruin the team for the next 5 years.

Step #1: Hire Sam Hinkie.
Step #2: Start the Process.

12 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

They aren't going to resign either Portis or Parker.  They'd be stupid to do either (wait maybe they will then).  Why would you dump Otto Porter's salary (a better player than either Portis or Parker) to overpay to keep either one of those guys?  

Dude I mus be going crazy. It took me until the bolded until I realized you were not talking about the Skins signing Clinton Portis or Willie Parker and being tongue in cheek with your next comment. I legit thought I was going crazy for a second. 

14 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

At least that would be a plan. 

Or at least an attempt at long-term planning, something both the Wizards and Redskins desperately need. Coincidentally, both teams would do well by firing their GMs. Huh ... I wonder if there's a connection there?

2 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/rankings/2019/cap-hit/ 

John Wall will be the 4th highest paid player in the league next year while he sits at home.  

John Wall will be paid more than Lebron James next year.  

Peak John Wall is what, the 20th best player in the league?  This is the worst contract in the NBA. 

Now? Probably. 2 years ago? He was ... Top 10 maybe? He was talked about above Kyrie. Regression wasn't good that's for sure.

They’re very not going to let both Parker and Portis walk, what a dumb comment to make. Wtf, seriously 😒 lol 😂 

And, If they can move mahinmi’s contract, they can keep both of them.

Also, it’s clear that as long as Beal is on the team, they’re not going to tank.

Edited by turtle28