Off-Topic: The Washington Wizards Thread

turtle28

Ungreatful fans will never be satisfied. John Wall led the Wizards - once the laughing stock of the league for most of 40 years -  except for a few years with Webber, MJ and Arenas to a respectable franchise and took them further in the playoffs than they had gone since I was born in 1979. W/o Wall, that doesn’t happen and sadly because of his multiple injuries which is some of the reason he’s been overweight, he may never lead us to the door step of the Eastern Conference Finals again. 

But you are who you are, you care more about bashing one guy than actually looking at every reason why the team has regressed the last two seasons and that’s sad.

• Like 3

On 2/15/2019 at 9:55 PM, turtle28 said:

Ungreatful fans will never be satisfied. John Wall led the Wizards - once the laughing stock of the league for most of 40 years -  except for a few years with Webber, MJ and Arenas to a respectable franchise and took them further in the playoffs than they had gone since I was born in 1979. W/o Wall, that doesn’t happen and sadly because of his multiple injuries which is some of the reason he’s been overweight, he may never lead us to the door step of the Eastern Conference Finals again. 

But you are who you are, you care more about bashing one guy than actually looking at every reason why the team has regressed the last two seasons and that’s sad.

I've stated why I am "ungrateful." Actually I gave more than a few reasons.

Wall was/is immature. He wasn't/isn't a leader. He was/is anything but.

Quite honestly, he and Arenas have a lot in common.

6 hours ago, Skinsin2013 said:

I've stated why I am "ungrateful." Actually I gave more than a few reasons.

Wall was/is immature. He wasn't/isn't a leader. He was/is anything but.

Quite honestly, he and Arenas have a lot in common.

Maybe, I don't know Wall off the court, and frankly, I don't care. Those who want to vilify athletes in the press pay attention to that crap meanwhile, most athletes hit the clubs and go out at home and every city too. 

I just know when he's healthy that he usually gives all he has for this organization and has since we drafted him.

I don't equate him and Arenas at all. Arenas was immature in the locker room and on the court etc. Wall is immature why? BC he acts like most adults in their 20s and goes to clubs/bars? That's not equal to me.

Then, on the court, Arenas was a volume scoring PG, kind of like Russell Westbrook but not as aggressive going to the hole. Wall is a natural PG, not a volume scorer.

Once again, there's also the fact that Wall has led this team in the playoffs further than its gone since the year I was born in 1979, something Arenas didn't do but once despite playing with Butler & Jamison. Even if Wall never plays another game, I'll be grateful for the multiple first round series wins bc that's something Bullets/Wizards basketball hadn't seen since the 70s and may not see again for a while if Wall can't ever return to being close to the player he was 3 years ago before the knee injuries and how the heel and achilles injuries.

Lastly, you can't just blame Wall and make him the scapegoat as to why the Wizards haven't made it past the second round. That's an organizational and whole team/coaching issue that again dates back to the early 80s. Last time I checked, Beal, Porter, Morris, Gortat, Ariza, Nene and Pierce were on those teams too, none of them got it done as a team.

Edited by turtle28

Wrong. Wall is a natural PG that tries to be a volume scorer. And that is his downfall. He wanted to be MVP and got outside of what he did best.

Arenas and Wall both took/take 16 shots a game.  O.o

Can you start naming the NBA champions that routinely go to bars, spout off on Instagram/Twitter, call out teammates, and flip gang signs?  I can't.

And you just set the bar at "multiple first round series wins" for a supermax guy. 16 teams make the playoffs.

On 2/12/2019 at 12:00 AM, turtle28 said:

They’re very not going to let both Parker and Portis walk, what a dumb comment to make. Wtf, seriously 😒 lol 😂 

It's a question of whether the team wants to sink somewhere in the ballpark of $17-20M (for one of them), or $30-35M for both.

And, If they can move mahinmi’s contract, they can keep both of them.

News flash: they can't.

Also, it’s clear that as long as Beal is on the team, they’re not going to tank.

Which is why I found it odd they kept Beal. There's not enough to realistically build around him via the draft and they won't realistically have the cap space even if they do let both Parker and Portis walk.

You should be able to trade Mahinmi’s contract if you are willing to trade your 1st round pick. The question becomes, is keeping both Parker and Portis more important than a 1st round pick?

With the way they've played so far, I’d say yes. It's not like if we lose one of those two that we are likely to sign another FA with their talent level and a draft pick may never develop into what they already are.

I dont think they should keep the over 30 forwards and frankly, I don't think they'll re-sign. Both guys are going to want to go to playoff teams. It wouldn't shock me of they take less $ to play with Lebron for the Lakers which, is another reason why we should have traded them for young developing players.

11 hours ago, turtle28 said:

You should be able to trade Mahinmi’s contract if you are willing to trade your 1st round pick. The question becomes, is keeping both Parker and Portis more important than a 1st round pick?

With the way they've played so far, I’d say yes. It's not like if we lose one of those two that we are likely to sign another FA with their talent level and a draft pick may never develop into what they already are.

I dont think they should keep the over 30 forwards and frankly, I don't think they'll re-sign. Both guys are going to want to go to playoff teams. It wouldn't shock me of they take less $ to play with Lebron for the Lakers which, is another reason why we should have traded them for young developing players.

You just green-lighted a plan to ensure this team remains a fringe playoff team for years to come.

I'd like it if they kept Portis... let Parker walk... kept Mahimni... and their future first round pick. Prefer to keep Green over Ariza... draft a PF.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, turtle28 said:

And that first round pick is going to be young cheap talent that you can build your future around.

So, of course the Wizards should sell the future to save the now. O.oo.O

• Like 1