Off-Topic: The Washington Wizards Thread

turtle28

Just now, MKnight82 said:

Except the Pelicans don't have any picks to trade.

You’re getting Boogie. It’d basically be a salary dump to be able to pay Boggie. I guess they could give us back a player in return though, they have some decent wings we could use who probably would even start over Oubre.

Just now, MKnight82 said:

I don't really understand people reacting negatively to blowing up the Wizards roster.  As built they're a 4-8 seed every year. 

Because no one wants to become a perennial loser again like they did in the 90s and after trading away Webber or after Arenas got the gun charge.

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

I don't really understand people reacting negatively to blowing up the Wizards roster.  As built they're a 4-8 seed every year. 

The wizards are fine. The need a big that isn’t Mahinmi or Gortat and they’ve needed that for years. If they had someone like Ibaka or had they went and spent money on Dwight Howard they’d be in a better spot. Gortat is god awful and Mahinmi shouldn’t be in the NBA. You can thank Grunfeld for that disaster. 

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

Because no one wants to become a perennial loser again like they did in the 90s and after trading away Webber or after Arenas got the gun charge.

I refuse to root for mediocrity.  Either you're a contender or you aren't.  

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

They were a game from being in the Eastern conference finals last year. Wall being hurt half the season really affected this squad. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

They’re not mediocre, they’re above average. If they were mediocre they’d win 40 games every year. They’re above that, they generally are over .500 w/ this group if healthy.

They’ve nearly made the conference finals 3 times in the previous 4 years and probably would have if they had a better back up Pg last year behind Wall and if Wall hadn’t broken his wrist against the Hawks 4 years ago.

Edited by turtle28

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

They’re not mediocre, they’re above average. If they were mediocre they’d win 40 games every year. They’re above that, they generally are over .500 w/ this group if healthy.

They’ve nearly made the conference finals 3 times in the previous 4 years and probably would have if they had a better back up Pg last year for Wall and if Wal hadn’t broken his wrist agains the Hawks 4 years ago.

And they couldn't get it done while Wall was taking up $20 mil year, soon he'll be $40.

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

And they couldn't get it done while Wall was taking up $20 mil year, soon he'll be $40.

Quit moving the goal posts. Lol ? And by then the salary cap will have gone up 20 million or so, maybe more. Gortat & Smith will be off the books and I think Mahinmi. Of course Morris will get a hefty raise though.

Edited by turtle28

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

Quit moving the goal posts. Lol ? And by then the salary cap will have gone up 20 million or so, maybe more.

Its all the same discussion.  The team as built isn't a winner and its going to get worse when Wall is making $40 mil a year.

4 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Its all the same discussion.  The team as built isn't a winner and its going to get worse when Wall is making $40 mil a year.

No it’s not because the salary cap will go up to pay for Wall’s salary as well as Gortat, Smith and Mahinmi coming off the books. And they will hopefully draft a center to replace Gortat and that young center like Robert Williams from Texas A&M will be an upgrade over Gortat in every area.