Off-Topic: The Washington Wizards Thread

turtle28

Wall was shooting 50% from 2, 49% efficiency this year with bone spurs/bad heel but his 3 pt % was down 5%.

Last year, Wall & Beal shot the same % from 3 (37%) which was a major issue I had with Beal bc he should be shooting above 40% from 3.

This year Beal’s 3 pt % dropped again to 35% again.  This really isn't acceptable for someone with his stroke.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Skinsin2013 said:

You're hating on Beal now? Good Lord.

Hating on his 3-pt %. It's gone down the last 3 years & yeah, I don't remember him hitting a game winner like Wall in the playoffs. 

Edited by turtle28

20 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Wall was shooting 50% from 2, 49% efficiency this year with bone spurs/bad heel but his 3 pt % was down 5%.

Last year, Wall & Beal shot the same % from 3 (37%) which was a major issue I had with Beal bc they should be shooting above 40% from 3.

This year Beal’s 3 pt % dropped again to 35% again.  This really isn't accept for someone with his stroke.

Or supposed stroke. I don't care what people are saying or what happens. Beal is no SuperStar he's a good #2 option. I would take Kuzma and Ingram if L.A. wants Beal. Start over is in session and hope they get a good lotto pick. 

• Like 1

On 3/25/2019 at 6:08 PM, Skins212689 said:

Or supposed stroke. I don't care what people are saying or what happens. Beal is no SuperStar he's a good #2 option. I would take Kuzma and Ingram if L.A. wants Beal. Start over is in session and hope they get a good lotto pick. 

I'd hope wed get their draft pick back also.

What sucks is that we should’ve traded Ariza & Green before the trade deadline for young reserve Laker players like Wagner & Josh Hart but we held onto these vets did what?

Nothing!!

I'm sure Lebron would’ve welcomed the two vets and I'm sure they'll both be joining Lebron in July and we could've gotten guard and depth PF depth back in return, instead we get nothing.

Edited by turtle28

14 hours ago, Skinsin2013 said:

Plenty enough has been written.

By reporters. The only player that has said something bad about Wall his entire time in DC that I can remember was Gortat. And, Gortat had a problem with everyone after they changed the offense to more of a pace and space in Randy’s last year and now with Brooks. Gortat was a whiner and threw his teammates under the buss far more than Wall who, I agree did do it a few times too. 

Edited by turtle28

On 3/25/2019 at 6:08 PM, Skins212689 said:

He has impeccable form and his shot looks pretty, but again, there’s no way he should be shooting below 40% from 3. It’s beyond unacceptable!

• Like 1

I love Wall too, and I think they’d be close to contending right now if his body had held up — but honestly, anything other than sheer admiration for Bradley Beal right now is wild to me. 

He’s been nothing short of heroic. Since Wall went out, he’s played 85 more minutes than any other player (and almost 150 more minutes than 3rd place). That means that in 3 months of play, he’s been on the court for 2-4 full games’ worth of time more than anyone else in the league. 

In that span, he’s 2nd in points, 3rd in steals, 9th in assists, and somehow in the top 40 in both rebounds and blocks. It’s insane. Without him, they would be one of the worst teams to ever take the floor. 

The shooting percentages are down, but that’s what happens when you have to do everything for your team. When you’re the one who starts and ends most of the possessions with the ball, and the other team builds their defense around denying you the shots you’d prefer to take, it’s much tougher to shoot it as efficiently. That’s why guys like Beal (this year and last year) and Damian Lillard and Kemba Walker — undoubtedly some of the best shooters alive — end up with deflated shooting percentages compared to guys who just hunt out catch-and-shoot opportunities and leave the creating and facilitating and tough shot taking to others. 

I don’t consider him a #1 star on a championship contender. But there are really only a few of those in the league at any given time. He’s still one of the top 15-20 players in the league at the moment, a legit All-Star and a legit All-NBA candidate.

17 hours ago, e16bball said:

I love Wall too, and I think they’d be close to contending right now if his body had held up — but honestly, anything other than sheer admiration for Bradley Beal right now is wild to me. 

He’s been nothing short of heroic. Since Wall went out, he’s played 85 more minutes than any other player (and almost 150 more minutes than 3rd place). That means that in 3 months of play, he’s been on the court for 2-4 full games’ worth of time more than anyone else in the league. 

In that span, he’s 2nd in points, 3rd in steals, 9th in assists, and somehow in the top 40 in both rebounds and blocks. It’s insane. Without him, they would be one of the worst teams to ever take the floor. 

The shooting percentages are down, but that’s what happens when you have to do everything for your team. When you’re the one who starts and ends most of the possessions with the ball, and the other team builds their defense around denying you the shots you’d prefer to take, it’s much tougher to shoot it as efficiently. That’s why guys like Beal (this year and last year) and Damian Lillard and Kemba Walker — undoubtedly some of the best shooters alive — end up with deflated shooting percentages compared to guys who just hunt out catch-and-shoot opportunities and leave the creating and facilitating and tough shot taking to others. 

I don’t consider him a #1 star on a championship contender. But there are really only a few of those in the league at any given time. He’s still one of the top 15-20 players in the league at the moment, a legit All-Star and a legit All-NBA candidate.

I don't mind that his shooting % are down a little, I mind that someone with his form and ability can't get closer to making 40% of his 3’s bc it seems like it should be an easy shot for him.

So, I'm sure you'll agree but it's obvious to me that Beal misses Wall bc Wall ran the offense and his penetration creates more open looks for Beal.

Edited by turtle28

You guys remind me of RG jockers. A fanbase that goes all in and can't climb out.

It's been dis-proven that Wall provides better looks for shooters. Wall pounds the ball til the air deflates and the offense becomes stagnant. Players become easier to defend.

You think he's gonna come back from these two injures, at age 30, with new life? Forget about it.

• Like 1