Off-Topic: The Washington Wizards Thread

turtle28

8 hours ago, Skinsin2013 said:

PJ Washington, Jaxson Hayes, or Doumbouya. That would my preferred order for where we pick. PJ Washington made 42.3% of the 78 3-pointers he took last year.

I've seen Reddish slide in mocks too. 

I like it. Getting PJ Washington or Hayes would be my top two choices. I like Cam Reddish’s potential, but he really has to work on his outside shot a lot. I guess so did Troy Brown last year and it seemed by the end of the year Brown’s outside shot had improved a lot. If Reddish can make that kind of improvement as Brown did then, we’d have a good group of young wings.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

https://www.eurohoops.net/en/euroleague/879474/shane-larkin-posts-best-ever-final-four-performance/

This came up in my feed from Canes Hoop stuff and really made me laugh, Shane posted one of the great Euro league performances torching Jan Vesely

Nice!

Man what and awful draft day decision that was by Ernie! Between that and trading our 5th pick for Mike Miller and Randy Foye, I still don't know what's worse... I guess equally bad?

Ernie should have been fired after the Arenas/Critteton stuff back in 08. I don't know why Ted kept him after that!

Edited by turtle28

• 2 weeks later...

how to fix the wizards first edition

Decline Jabari Parker’s 20 mil and stretch Ian Mahinmis last year of his contract over 3 years. This move makes us 30 mil under the cap.

this leaves us with only Wall, Beal, Howard, and Brown under contract for the season.

as much as I don’t want to do it, we have to trade Beal and build a core, with the uncertainty of walls health and Supermax we are essentially screwed.

Trade Beal to LA for Kuzma, Ingram, Hart, and #4

while getting 3 young players to fill the roster we also get the #4 pick and save another 16 mil give or take

so as of now we have 45 mil in cap space and the roster as followed

PG Wall (injures)

SG Hart, 

SF Ingram, Brown

PF Kuzma

C Howard

Brown can play 2-4 (4 in a small ball lineup) kuzma can play 3-4 and Ingram 3-4 (4 in small ball line up. Starting to fill a roster now and have cap flexibility

Resign Bryant 2 years 11 mil average of 5.5 per year

resign Sato 2 years 14 mil average of 7 per year

DRAFT

now in this situation I would love to package #4 and #9 if possible to move up to #2 and take Morant. It’s very possible this could work. So I’m going to go with this scenario, otherwise take garland at 4 and seakou at #9

Wizards trade 4 and 9 for number 2 and select Ja Morant

PG Ja Morant should account between 7-8 mil And with Bryant signed at 5.5 And Sato at 7 per year we have around 24-25 mil left in space , let’s look at the roster

PG Morant, Sato, (Wall)

SG Brown, Hart

SF Ingram

PF Kuzma

C Bryant, Howard

use the rest of the cap to fill the roster on 1 year deals. So basically 4-5 players.

this roster gives us a young core that we can build around that have high potential. It may even allow us the following season to ship wall if we can find a buyer when he’s healthy, I’m thinking Miami will be that team dying for a star. After the next season we have under contract after a wall trade of

Brown, Kuzma, Hart, Bryant, and sato 

we would have an available 75 mil or so in cap space unless we extend ingram. Add another player in the draft and we have a young core with enough potential to possibly pursue some top dogs.

thoughts?

now that the NFL draft is over I needed to do another mock lol

• Like 1

@LoganF89 I like your offseason but I don’t see the the Grizzlies trading out of #2 and passing on Morant. I think we’d have to stay at 4 & 9.

My wish list for 4 & 9 would be:

#4: DeAndre Hunter or Jarrett Culver

#9: Jaxson Hayes or PJ Washington

Edited by turtle28

9 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

how to fix the wizards first edition

Decline Jabari Parker’s 20 mil and stretch Ian Mahinmis last year of his contract over 3 years. This move makes us 30 mil under the cap.

First of all, you obviously put some time and effort in this so in general I wanted to say good job.  I'm just going to offer up some critiques.  

My first critique is I don't see the point in stretching mahinmi, the team's cap is already crap I would roll with him on the roster one more year then his $15.5 mil expiring deal might be worth something in 2020.

as much as I don’t want to do it, we have to trade Beal and build a core, with the uncertainty of walls health and Supermax we are essentially screwed.

Trade Beal to LA for Kuzma, Ingram, Hart, and #4

while getting 3 young players to fill the roster we also get the #4 pick and save another 16 mil give or take

I'm not totally opposed to the idea of trading Beal, I get it.  The team is stuck as an expensive non playoff team.  However, I'm not sure I see the Lakers trading Ingram for Beal.  For argument's sake lets just assume they won't, I wonder what else the Lakers could offer in order to land Beal.  Kuzma, Hart and #4 aren't enough, so really the Lakers other trade chip of value is Lonzo Ball.  There's 3 things the Lakers could do with Ball. 

1) is trade Ball to the Wizards as part of the deal.  I think this is the most unlikely scenario, the Wizards could take a cheap PG alternative at 4 if they're looking for someone to play this season while Wall is out.  The other options include a 3rd team. 

2) the Bulls are rumored to want Ball, I could see them contributing a protected future first and PG Kris Dunn to the Wizards to facilitate the deal.  That would end with the Wizards obtaining Kuzma, Hart, Dunn, #4 and a protected future first for Beal.  That isn't a bad haul.  

3) Would be to dump John Wall in the Beal deal.  This deal will likely require the Suns being paid to take the broken down John Wall debacle.  The Lakers would get Beal, Wizards get Kuzma and Hart, the Suns get #4 and John Wall.  A deal like this could completely reset the Wizards books, although I think its very unlikely because Wall is probably untradeable.  

now in this situation I would love to package #4 and #9 if possible to move up to #2 and take Morant. It’s very possible this could work. So I’m going to go with this scenario, otherwise take garland at 4 and seakou at #9

Wizards trade 4 and 9 for number 2 and select Ja Morant

PG Ja Morant should account between 7-8 mil And with Bryant signed at 5.5 And Sato at 7 per year we have around 24-25 mil left in space , let’s look at the roster

I don't think the Grizzlies would trade #2 for 4 & 9.  There's a huge dropoff in this draft after the top 3 players, so 4 isn't worth very much.  If the Wizards ended up with 4 & 9, I would just select two young players to add to the roster.  I'd probably take PG Garland and an athletic big at 9 like Bol Bol or Sekou Doumbouya.  

Ugh, fantasy, fantasy fantasy. The Wizards aren’t going to be able to trade an injured Wall on a max contract, I’m glad MKnight admitted it was unlikely at the end of his #3 point. 

That being said, I agree with the rest of reasoning in Mknight’s post although I disagree with his choices for the picks. 

like i said its a complete long shot to move up to #2 but is possible but like i said Im cool with taking Garland at #4 and Doumboya at #9 

and with the wall thing yes we cant trade him this year bc it will be impossible but next year when he is healthy we could possibly work something out with a team like the heat or suns who want star power

On 5/26/2019 at 12:31 PM, MKnight82 said:

3) Would be to dump John Wall in the Beal deal.  This deal will likely require the Suns being paid to take the broken down John Wall debacle.  The Lakers would get Beal, Wizards get Kuzma and Hart, the Suns get #4 and John Wall.  A deal like this could completely reset the Wizards books, although I think its very unlikely because Wall is probably untradeable.  

Don't forget Wall's trade kicker.

This is a fun scenario. But, I agree, there's no way the Grizz are trading Ja Morant for the 4 and 9.

You make the picks at 4 and 9 and see what else you can get for Beal in the Lakers' deal.

For sh&ts and giggles, let's go with Brandon Ingram and the 4th. I'd much rather have Ingram than Kuzma. Ingram is 2 years younger and has gotten better each of the past 3 years.

From there, you're essentially going with a youth movement. Hopefully that pisses off Wall and he's open to restructuring his deal simply to be moved. Long shot I know.

Agreed on Darius Garland at 4 and then a PG (White, Culver) or a PF/C (PJ Washington, Jaxson Hayes, or Doumbouya) at 9.

That's a heck of a youth movement in the backcourt. Sato is there to help out. Or Sato/Garland. 

Any way you slice it, I agree, Beal has to go. From there, it's a youth movement. There's no way around this IMO. And you do what you can to get rid of Wall (in time).

Jaxson Hayes/Howard
Ingram
TBJ
Garland
Sato/Vet SG

Top 3 pick next year.  :)

Edited by Skinsin2013