Off-Topic: The Washington Wizards Thread

turtle28

Now that we have young reserves at every position, I hope the first course of action on July 1st is for Tommy Sheppard to buy out or trade Dwight Howard for another teams young developing reserve or a 2nd round pick.

Then, hopefully we can sign Bryant, Parker, Sato and maybe Portis but I feel Portis is going to be out of our price range.

I wish they'd get Quinn Cook instead of keeping Sato and maybe it still works out that way, but giving him the qualifying offer probably means they'll re-sign him bc his deal from another team isn't going to break the bank. 

Edited by turtle28

13 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Now that we have young reserves at every position, I hope the first course of action on July 1st is for Tommy Sheppard to buy out or trade Dwight Howard for another teams young developing reserve or a 2nd round pick.

29 other teams reactions:

Do_Not_Want_Dog_(1).jpg

21 hours ago, e16bball said:

I think most fans are pretty familiar with Moe Wagner, but I find these other two guys interesting as well. I knew virtually nothing about either one until I saw the trade announcement, but both really have some intriguing characteristics. 

Isaac Bonga is a 6’9 point guard. Yes, you read that correctly. He’s extremely young and the knock has always been that he can’t shoot, but evidently he made a lot of progress in the G League last season. The pre-draft reports rave about his passing and instincts, so there’s a lot to like there. Who knows where he’ll end up, but he could be of value if the jumper keeps coming along (34.4 3pt% and 81.6 FT% in the G League last year). 

Jemerrio Jones is another really interesting case. In looking at his numbers from his rookie season, the one thing that jumped out at me was 8.2 rebounds per game. From a 6’5 SF coming off the bench. Granted, it was only six games — but in those 6 games, he had 15+ rebounds twice. Plus another 10 rebound game.  There were only 47 guys in the league last year with multiple 15-rebound games, and every one of them played a hell of a lot more than 6 games. 

Take a look at this article about Jones as a draft prospect. It’s really remarkable — the guy rebounded amazingly in college as well. To the point that the author compared him to legendary college rebounder Paul Millsap, or perhaps PJ Tucker given that Jones is a good deal smaller than Millsap. His assist numbers were also very strong, leading the author to mention names like Draymond Green when it came to comparing the rebounding/passing abilities of Jemerrio Jones. 

I have no idea if any of these guys turn into anything. But I really like the move, and the idea behind it. Let’s take on a couple small salaries, into our trade exception, and carry some lottery tickets on the roster for the next couple seasons. And get an additional draft asset coming to us for our trouble. The only thing I don’t like is that we willfully put Lebron in position to get another damn max player...

I’ll take 34% from 3 from a back up PG in Bonga. That % is only going to improve as well. His length has to be asset on the defensive end guarding PGs who are 6’4 and smaller. 

I think Bonga & James make the team as two of our last roster spots.

33 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Lakers could be interesting O.o

That’s what I think. They need size/a body at center. I guess they can keep Chandler & McGee though for cheaper but they’re not as good as Howard...

I think preferably they’d like to have AD play more PF than C. If they trade for Howard, then that can happen. 

Howard to the Lakers for their 2023 second round pick! Make it happen Tommy “Trade Machine” Sheppard! 

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

They can probably just bring back McGee orTyson Chandler for cheaper.  

Cheaper yes, but I think Dwight has more to offer than those two. 

Edited by MikeT14
edit: what turtle said, saw your post before his.
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Cheaper yes, but I think Dwight has more to offer than those two. 

They would only add him after FA was over.  I also can't see them giving up anything for him.  I mean they gave us all their lower valued players already and they have pratically no draft picks for the foreseeable future.  They would probably just hold out for the Wizards to buy him out then sign him after.  

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

They would only add him after FA was over.  I also can't see them giving up anything for him.  I mean they gave us all their lower valued players already and they have pratically no draft picks for the foreseeable future.  They would probably just hold out for the Wizards to buy him out then sign him after.  

I'd take one of my favorite players for Dwight Howard.

DDbbt9LWsAIBmT7.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

2023 second round pick