Off-Topic: The Washington Wizards Thread

turtle28

Mid Level Exception options: Corey Joseph, Rodney Hood, Ed Davis, Elfrid Payton, Delon Wright, Garret Temple?

Trade Level Exception options:
Pj Tucker, Ilyasova

If we can't re-sign Sato, Corey Joseph would be a good option as a MLE or Rodney Hood could be a option if we do re-sign Sato or sign Quinn Cook if we don't match his offer.

Edited by turtle28

1 hour ago, Woz said:

Why? Just to have him gone?

Yes, so we can give his minutes to a young center like Mo Wagner.

It’s also good for Dwight, bc he can then go sign with a playoff team and hope that he gets a championship like the Lakers, Clippers, a cheaper option than Boogie Cousins for the Warriors.

Edited by turtle28

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Yes, so we can give his minutes to a young center like Mo Wagner.

There's nothing saying that they have give the minutes to Howard.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

It’s also good for Dwight, bc he can then go sign with a playoff team and hope that he gets a championship like the Lakers, Clippers, a cheaper option than Boogie Cousins for the Warriors.

That's nice.

Why should the Wizards spend money to do that for him?

I'm looking this from a purely basketball/business-of-basketball move. Why would you buy him out if you don't need to? In theory, having him on the roster would be a plus (I say that knowing full well his history as a locker room poison). They do have a mutual option for 2020, so if they want to part ways then, then they can do that.

3 hours ago, Woz said:

There's nothing saying that they have give the minutes to Howard.

That's nice.

Why should the Wizards spend money to do that for him?

I'm looking this from a purely basketball/business-of-basketball move. Why would you buy him out if you don't need to? In theory, having him on the roster would be a plus (I say that knowing full well his history as a locker room poison). They do have a mutual option for 2020, so if they want to part ways then, then they can do that.

You buy Howard our so you can use that roster spot on a young player. They don’t need him for what they’re likely going to be this season. 

Should the Wizards just play Brown at PG - he has PG skills, played PG in HS and played some PG in college - and then roll with Jonathan Simmons at SF or sign a SF like Rodney Hood on a MLE?

I definitely think Brown playing PG is a good option. They can use the MLE on Rodney Hood & then they’d have a good PG-SF group.

Beal: 27 ppg, 6 asts, 5 rebs.

Hood: 15 ppg, 2 asts, 5 rebs.

Brown: 13 ppg, 6 asts, 4 rebs.

Edited by turtle28

who else has actually been pretty impressed by sheppard so far as interim GM? I know its only a few moves but its litterally cost us absolutely nothing really.

now I know the names arent marquee players but they are young guys who can progress into solid role players. If we can find a way to get bryant, and Sato back cheap thats a plus. If for some bizarre reason bobby portis stays here on a decent contract thats an added bonus. Watch out for some of these undrafted guys too. Justin Robinson is a good PG and also the two guys from houston and the one from lipscomb can nail the 3 ball

4 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

who else has actually been pretty impressed by sheppard so far as interim GM? I know its only a few moves but its litterally cost us absolutely nothing really.

now I know the names arent marquee players but they are young guys who can progress into solid role players. If we can find a way to get bryant, and Sato back cheap thats a plus. If for some bizarre reason bobby portis stays here on a decent contract thats an added bonus. Watch out for some of these undrafted guys too. Justin Robinson is a good PG and also the two guys from houston and the one from lipscomb can nail the 3 ball

Not me.  They haven’t traded Beal, John Wall is still around and I wasn’t that impressed with their draft. 

On 6/29/2019 at 5:45 AM, LoganF89 said:

I'm very impressed. I loved the draft - especially getting Admiral in round 2 bc I think he could be another Draymond Green - and I loved the trade to get Jones, Wagner and a 2nd round pick in 2020. 

Edited by turtle28

20 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Not me.  They haven’t traded Beal, John Wall is still around and I wasn’t that impressed with their draft. 

How can you not be impressed? Trading away Beal was certainly an option but it’s not like keeping him for this rebuild or hopes that Wall returns to pre-2018 for when he’s healthy in 2020 is an awful decision. Trading Wall is impossible you know that - even suggesting it is stupid and denying that reality for the last 3 years is the definition of insanity.

They had a good draft, even if you don’t love Rui bc you wanted to draft Reddish or Little - which would’ve been the 3rd time in 6 years that they drafted a SF in round 1 - getting Admiral Schofield in round 2 is a probable steal like Draymond Green was for the Warriors in 2012. Both players had top 20 talent but dropped to round 2 bc they played 4 years on college. He may even be a starter for us as soon as this year. Trading with the lakers to get Bonga, James, Wagner and a 2022 2nd round pickwas a good move.