Jump to content

Off-Topic: The Washington Wizards Thread


Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Yes!

This really just makes me mad. I knew Porter was worth letting go of back then. Saving the money spent on Porter definitely would've allowed them to sign guys like Portis and Parker if they wanted to return. Ernie also made that dumb *** trade for Ariza last year with the team already not having a healthy Wall or Howard. Hopefully the New GM gets them back to playoff contention in the next 2-3 years. As of right now your Franchise guy is Beal (unless you know he wants out) trade him and start fresh. Don't hold onto Beal if he isn't signing a extention!

Edited by Skins212689
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Skins212689 said:

This really just makes me mad. I knew Porter was worth letting go of back then. Saving the money spent on Porter definitely would've allowed them to sign guys like Portis and Parker if they wanted to return. Ernie also made that dumb *** trade for Ariza last year with the team already not having a healthy Wall or Howard. Hopefully the New GM gets them back to playoff contention in the next 2-3 years. As of right now your Franchise guy is Beal (unless you know he wants out) trade him and start fresh. Don't hold onto Beal if he isn't signing a extention!

What new GM though?  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

So they essentially gave Porter and Oubre away for absolutely nothing lol

They got rid of them so they could pay John Wall to sit in the trainers room during the day and go out clubbing at night.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sheppard is doing a great job for what he’s been dealt

wiz sign ish Smith 2 yr 12 mil

sign and trade Sato to the bulls with us getting 2 future 2nd round picks

also mutual interest in Isaiah Thomas who if healthy can be a solid point guard minus the defense

Anyone know how much cap we are operating with now?

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, lavar703 said:

So they essentially gave Porter and Oubre away for absolutely nothing lol

Yeah, so dumb! Probably was the nail in the coffin for Ernie! Ted should’ve done it sooner. Let’s hope that Sheppard continues to make good moves. I liked his draft, the trade w/ the Lakers to get Bonga, James and Wagner and of course re-signing Bryant!

We now have 4 of the Lakers prospects which they had before the season started last year. Obviously, Bryant was a steal, let’s hope they Bonga, James and Wagner develop into good reserves for us!

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

Sheppard is doing a great job for what he’s been dealt

wiz sign ish Smith 2 yr 12 mil

sign and trade Sato to the bulls with us getting 2 future 2nd round picks

also mutual interest in Isaiah Thomas who if healthy can be a solid point guard minus the defense

Anyone know how much cap we are operating with now?

I don’t know why they’d sign Isaiah Thomas. It makes much more sense to sign Quinn Cook - if Sato signs a deal we don’t want to match. Cool’s career is ascending, not on the decline like Thomas’. And, Cook didn’t have major hip surgery like Thomas did and Thomas has been a shell of himself since that surgery.

The Celtics look stupid. Traded Thomas for Kyrie and then were worse and then lost Kyrie to the Nets. The Celtics should have just kept Thomas last year and if he was struggling started Terry Rozier instead of alienating Roxier and ruining the lockeroom by trading for Kyrie.

Edited by turtle28
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...