Off-Topic: The Washington Wizards Thread

turtle28

17 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I'd rather see what the unknown PGs have rather than anything Ish Smith can('t) do. 

Me too and add Isaiah Thomas and Corey Joseph to the do not want list also.

I’d rather go young w/ Cook or someone else or even have Brown play PG and sign another SF or have Jonathan Simmons start at SF w/ Schofield splitting time with him.

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

Looking at what they are doing though, if you're gonna tank, and you can get Beal on board (with the extension), this is 100% the time. Eat the losses this year and see what happens in 2020. 

Exactly! And there goes Sato! It’s Quinn Cook time folks!! 🙏

On 6/28/2019 at 11:04 PM, turtle28 said:

You buy Howard our so you can use that roster spot on a young player. They don’t need him for what they’re likely going to be this season. 

That implies that they want to do that instead of spending the little cap space they have on 30 year old point guards.

55 minutes ago, Woz said:

That implies that they want to do that instead of spending the little cap space they have on 30 year old point guards.

True but Ish Smith doesn’t move until needle on wins/losses, a healthy Howard could if he’s averaging 12-15 ppg and 10-12 rebounds a game like he did two years ago for the Hornets.

34 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

True but Ish Smith doesn’t move until needle on wins/losses, a healthy Howard could if he’s averaging 12-15 ppg and 10-12 rebounds a game like he did two years ago for the Hornets.

Two things there:

1. Do you have a healthy Howard?
  2. Is other team willing to take on high risk of locker room poison?

Look, if you can do it, ship him out. I just don't think they can.

The Ish Smith deal makes little sense to me. Most of what they've been doing has been dealing with a rebuild without claiming it's a rebuild. Smith's contract gives you no short, medium, or long term value.

51 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

The Wizards should call the Knicks about taking John Wall of their hands.  

If they could get the Knicks to agree to it, it probably would require sending all of the draft picks they've acquired plus a couple of firsts.

There is also Wall's 15% trade kicker.

1 minute ago, Woz said:

If they could get the Knicks to agree to it, it probably would require sending all of the draft picks they've acquired plus a couple of firsts.

There is also Wall's 15% trade kicker.

You're forgetting that:

A) the Knicks are stupid.

B) the Knicks promised their fans a "star" player this offseason and whiffed on all of them.  

Its worth a phone call.

Edited by MKnight82

6 minutes ago, Woz said:

Two things there:

1. Do you have a healthy Howard?
  2. Is other team willing to take on high risk of locker room poison?

Look, if you can do it, ship him out. I just don't think they can.

The Ish Smith deal makes little sense to me. Most of what they've been doing has been dealing with a rebuild without claiming it's a rebuild. Smith's contract gives you no short, medium, or long term value.

I don’t know if Howard is going to be healthy or if it’s possible to trade him, but my point for a page and a half is they should try. It’s kind of crazy to me you’re  spending so much time arguing over just an idea I had in what they should do with Howard “if they can,” especially since 5 posts later you’re agreeing with me that they should trade him if they can and, that’s all I’m saying too... 

I think they signed Ish Smith bc they need  PG who could start since they lost out on Sato. 

I hope they still sign Quinn Cook, bc I’d much rather see him start.

Edited by turtle28