Off-Topic: The Washington Wizards Thread

turtle28

1 hour ago, Skinsin2013 said:

I'd take three first rounders for Beal from a mid-tier team. Or recall the Lakers haul when Beal was brought up... Ball, Ingram, a pick etc. I'm in.

Ball and Ingram plus a pick would be a good deal.

Thought about it and I reconsider. Ball could bring along alot of unnecessary drama. They can keep that! Ingram while he has potential he is starting to look more like Jabari Parker. A guy when a lot of potential but seems to stay hurt. So as Turtle mentioned Kuzma has to be added to that deal becuase of those reasons. 

Beal can't be had just for anything espeically if he wants to stay! Now if Beal said he was unwilling to resign than yes I'd do the deal without Kuzma just so I didn't lose Beal for nothing. 

Edited by Skins212689
  • Like 1

Ball sucks and Ingram is just above average. We’d be giving the Lakers a big 3 of Lebron, AD & Beal meaning at worst they're picking 25th in the draft so what the eff does that get us?

A point guard who shoots worse than John Wall and isn't as fast as him along with his crazya** family and a SG/SF who is erratic and at best a bench player with that 25-30 pick we’d get back.

Meanwhile, we’d be giving up a player who nearly played at an All-NBA level this year?

That's a NO for me dog, awful deal. Not good enough, Kuzma would have to be included bc at least then we would have had two guys who could score near 20 ppg for our All-NBA talent.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Ball sucks and Ingram is just above average. We’d be giving the Lakers a big 3 of Lebron, AD & Beal meaning at worst they're picking 25th in the draft so what the eff does that get us?

A point guard who shoots worse than John Wall and isn't as fast as him along with his crazya** family and a SG/SF who is erratic and at best a bench player with that 25-30 pick we’d get back.

Meanwhile, we’d be giving up a player who nearly played at an All-NBA level this year?

That's a NO for me dog, awful deal. Not good enough, Kuzma would have to be included bc at least then we would have had two guys who could score near 20 ppg for our All-NBA talent.

Come to think of it yea Kuzma would need to be in that deal as well. I dont know if I really want Ball and the extra drama. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

That's your opinion. First it was Wall, now why all the hate toward Beal? 

I don’t hate Beal, I think he’s a good player. Trading him is the best way for the Wizards to rebuild.  Otherwise they’ll end up like Charlotte having Kemba walk for nothing. 

43 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I don’t hate Beal, I think he’s a good player. Trading him is the best way for the Wizards to rebuild.  Otherwise they’ll end up like Charlotte having Kemba walk for nothing. 

How is that if he still has 2 years left on his current contract and hasn't asked for a trade or said he wasn't gonna resign? Talk to me when news break he has told the Wizards he wants out and they don't grant that wish! 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

This is wrong. The best way for the Wizards to rebuild is to build around the All-NBA talent they have (Wall & Beal), the lottery player they just drafted (who looked great in summer league), the near lottery pick they drafted in the 2017 draft (who looks to be developing well), the good young center they acquired last year (who looks to be developing well) and the 2020 lottery pick they will get in next years draft.

There's no reason to trade Beal unless he demands a trade. He's young enough - just entering his prime at 26 - the team is young enough and will get more young talent next summer to build around Beal.

Charlotte drafted poorly that's why they couldn't win with Kemba. The Wizards still have Beal, they'll have Wall back in 2020 and they have promising young frontcourt with Brown, Hachimura and Bryant. I think when Wall comes back they'll have more promise than when they had Porter, Morris and Gortat as their frontcourt 2 and 3 years ago to go with Wall and Beal in the backcourt.

Edited by turtle28

10 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

This is wrong. The best way for the Wizards to rebuild is to build around the All-NBA talent they have (Wall & Beal), the lottery player they just drafted (who looked great in summer league), the near lottery pick they drafted in the 2017 draft (who looks to be developing well), the good young center they acquired last year (who looks to be developing well) and the 2020 lottery pick they will get in next years draft.

There's no reason to trade Beal unless he demands a trade. He's young enough - just entering his prime at 26 - the team is young enough and will get more young talent next summer to build around Beal.

Charlotte drafted poorly that's why they couldn't win with Kemba. The Wizards still have Beal, they'll have Wall back in 2020 and they have promising young frontcourt with Brown, Hachimura and Bryant. I think when Wall comes back they'll have more promise than when they had Porter, Morris and Gortat as their frontcourt 2 and 3 years ago to go with Wall and Beal in the backcourt.

Did Brown get hurt in the Summer League or something? He was looking better than Rui the 1st game I saw than I never heard anything else about him after that. If they can get at least 16 ppg out of Brown, Rui, and Bryant this season that would be a great sign going foward. Beal can lead the way with at least 25 ppg and 3 point percentage of 40% or better. That would be my goal going into next season. I don't really care about wins, I just want those guys to develop. 

21 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Did Brown get hurt in the Summer League or something? He was looking better than Rui the 1st game I saw than I never heard anything else about him after that. If they can get at least 16 ppg out of Brown, Rui, and Bryant this season that would be a great sign going foward. Beal can lead the way with at least 25 ppg and 3 point percentage of 40% or better. That would be my goal going into next season. I don't really care about wins, I just want those guys to develop. 

Knee contusion for Brown in the game where he had 18 pts and 15 rebounds (I think), then they shut him down for the rest of the summer league. 

They did the same thing to Hachimura. Rui had his 25 pt game vs the Hawks and them they didn't play him in the consolation game vs the Knicks.

I can see Brown easily replacing Porter's production this year and he's already better off the bounce and as a playmaker than Porter and Oubre. Brown does need to get better as a 3 pt shooter though.

So something like:

Brown: 14 ppg, 5 pts, 5 asts

Bryant: 15 pts, 10 rebs

Hachimura: 11 pts, 7 rebs

Edited by turtle28

16 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

No they shut Brown down after he looked good the first few games so he didn't get hurt.

I can see Brown easily replacing Porter's production this year and he's already better off the bounce and as a playmaker than Porter and Oubre. Brown does need to get better as a 3 pt shooter though.

So something like:

Brown: 14 ppg, 5 pts, 5 asts

Bryant: 15 pts, 10 rebs

Hachimura: 11 pts, 7 rebs

Ok thanks. 

1 hour ago, Skins212689 said:

How is that if he still has 2 years left on his current contract and hasn't asked for a trade or said he wasn't gonna resign? Talk to me when news break he has told the Wizards he wants out and they don't grant that wish! 

Kemba never asked to be traded either.

27 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Kemba never asked to be traded either.

Do you know if Jordan even tried to resign him? What type of team did Jordan build to convince him to stay? What was Jordan offer compared to the Celtics? Have the Hornets made the playoffs while Kemba was their? I know for sure Beal has a way better supporting cast here compared to what Kemba had in Charlotte. Again Beal has 2 more years left on his contract unlike Kemba who was a Free Agent and should've been traded last season if Jordan knew he wasn't gonna resign. Even if Kemba didn't directly go to Jordan and ask for a trade why would Kemba resign in Charlotte compared to other teams that needed a PG? You had bigger makerts like the Lakers, Knicks, Nets and Celtics all in need of a PG! 

Edited by Skins212689