Off-Topic: The Washington Wizards Thread

turtle28

16 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Do you know if Jordan even tried to resign him? What type of team did Jordan build to convince him to stay? What was Jordan offer compared to the Celtics? Have the Hornets made the playoffs while Kemba was their? I know for sure Beal has a way better supporting cast here compared to what Kemba had in Charlotte. Again Beal has 2 more years left on his contract unlike Kemba who was a Free Agent and should've been traded last season if Jordan knew he wasn't gonna resign! 

It doesn’t matter, Bradley Beal is not worth the supermax, which he just qualified for by making 3rd team all nba.  Kemba was the same problem for the Hornets, all star that’s not worth the supermax.  They let him walk for nothing when they had two seasons to trade him, now they’re screwed and left with arguably the worst roster in the nba.  The Wizards will face the same problem, they can’t afford to resign Beal.

3 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

It doesn’t matter, Bradley Beal is not worth the supermax, which he just qualified for by making 3rd team all nba.  Kemba was the same problem for the Hornets, all star that’s not worth the supermax.  They let him walk for nothing when they had two seasons to trade him, now they’re screwed and left with arguably the worst roster in the nba.  The Wizards will face the same problem, they can’t afford to resign Beal.

Beal actually didn't make the All NBA Team. Google it. 

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

So if he doesn't sign this extension you still have him under contract for 2 more seasons on his current deal. Also two more seasons for him to improve his trade value. He's under contract right now and I'm not letting him Force me to do a unfair trade. Cool if you don't want to sign the extension find a team who will give the Wizards fair value for you but until than you will play here or at least this 2019-2020 season. Next year we will work on a trade. 

3 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Oh you’re right, but it doesn’t matter if he rejects their extension offer this summer he’s out of there.

Out of here in 2022, thats two seasons from now! Witch still gives them plenty of time to get better value for him.

Edited by Skins212689

15 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

So in your opinion adding no talent around Kemba didn't play a part in his decision to leave Charlotte?

6 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

How can they possibly get better value than what the Clippers just gave OKc?

Beal wouldn't have gotten the same value as George got IMO. Also You keep skipping unanswered questions as well. Beal hasn't turned down that extention that could come his way, so We don't know what he wants as of now. Your going off pure assumption. 

Edited by Skins212689

4 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

What talent have the Wizards added?

I personally feel Rui is gonna surprise alot of people. Also Brown and Bryant are young guys who can contribute as well. As stated if those 3 guys can give the Wizards 16 ppg while Beal adds 25 ppg that would be a good season no matter if they make the playoffs or not. 

5 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

And if he doesn't sign the extension trade him during the season or next offseason. Why is that so hard for you to understand? It's not like I'm saying keep him if he doesn't want to be here! 

The Wizards will need to get lucky to move into actual contention status with Beal, that’s for sure. Probably twice. Whether that’s Hachimura turning into Paul Millsap or Brown Jr turning into Iguodala or winning the lottery next season or Wall coming back better than ever in 2020 (with a Lowry-esque late career jump shot?) or one of the Lakers guys or Schofield turning into an average or better starter — they need some luck. 

But as long as he’s willing to re-sign here, I think I’d prefer that to most realistic trade offers. Unrealistic trade offers, like the LAC trade for George — which, again, was a total one off and entirely not instructive as to Beal’s value — well that’s a different story. If someone comes in and bowls you over with a mega-offer for Beal, of course you take it. 

But otherwise, I think you keep him if he’s willing to stay. The NBA is a star driven league, and stars are hard to come by. Beal is a star. I think there’s still an opportunity to hope you can find second and third stars to put out there with him. When healthy, Wall was a star. Maybe Hachimura becomes a star. Maybe they get someone like Anthony Edwards or James Wiseman or RJ Hampton in the draft who becomes another star. It’s a long shot, but all their options are long shots at this point. I’d rather start with one star and try to build up from there than go back to zero stars and hope for one more miracle to go my way.