Off-Topic: The Washington Wizards Thread

turtle28

13 minutes ago, Woz said:

You were arguing that there's no point in taking draft picks because they would not be stars because they bust unlike the top of the NFL draft. You're all over the map.

Also,

1. If you want young proven guys + 1 vet, you're still in a short time horizon. Wall's contract will mean all of those guys will be gone in three years time due to the salary cap.
  2. You're not getting young and proven guys PLUS a vet for Beal. You can get maybe a proven guy and a vet, or a bunch of young guys with upside, but you aren't getting this magical deal.

Go to post where I named the guys I would trade Beal for. All are young proven guys and 1 is a Vet. I didn't say I wanted both in return. 

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

It's probably fair though. I think we were all happy too with the Caps continuously making the playoffs and getting bounced in the 2nd round.

Maybe if we hold on to Wall and Beal they'll eventually get past too. 

And once they got that Cup what have they done since than, made the playoffs and got put out like they had been b4 they won the Cup but no one is complaining about them. 

4 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

I would trade Beal for those particular guys Head Ups but not a pick heading into a draft looking to get them late in a draft. 

It's like had the Skins traded Cousins for a 2nd round pick it's more likely you could still get a All Pro player but trading Beal for a 2nd round draft pick your REALLY gambling that a Draymond Green, Khris Middleton, Golbert, Jokic, or Brogdon is gonna turn into a AllStar in the NBA. 

The Redskins had a shot at JuJu Smith and Zack Cunningham instead of Ryan Anderson in the 2nd round of the 2017 draft. Both are AllPro type guys. 

The end of the second round in the NFL draft is pick 64. That represents 25% of the picks in the draft.

25% of the NBA draft is pick 15 (the first non-lottery pick).

Not really apples to apples there to compare the 2nd round of the NFL to the 2nd round of the NBA. But even given that, you can find quality players (even stars) that late in the NBA.

3 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

That's what matter to you! What matters to me is who is the better player. Beal is the better player compared to alot of those guys. I could give a damn about the money because in the NBA players get paid. 

Beal is not going to win a championship by himself (there's only a handful of players in the NBA's history that could arguably do that). NBA teams need multiple stars to have a chance. So having one guy doesn't help the Wizards.

Look, if you're happy with where the Wizards are/how the Wizards are constructed right now, okay then. I just don't see how they are competitive in the short and medium term without a full rebuild. They'll waste what they do have in Beal (and potentially what Wall gives them) and then they'll leave ... and end up in more or less the same place, just without the draft ammunition to kickstart themselves forward.

Thus, the long term plan is "hope we win the lottery!"

And once they got that Cup what have they done since than, made the playoffs and got put out like they had been b4 they won the Cup but no one is complaining about them. 

Not true. There was plenty of complaining about blowing that series lead in the area.

32 minutes ago, Woz said:

And that "getting bounced in the 2nd round repeatedly" resulted in the GM getting fired.

So, no, I don't think the fans were all too happy about that.

Yet it still brought in Revenue and fans contiued to show up to games. Yet the same can't be said about the Skins who haven't won a Playoff game since 2005. Wizards will still bring in Revenue and keep its fan base with Wall, Beal, Rui IMO. Not so much if you Trade Beal for mid level picks who never will provide the same talent as him. 

1 minute ago, Skins212689 said:

1. They won the Cup. The Wizards have not made the conference finals (much less the NBA Finals) since before Reagan was president.
  2. They won the cup the season before last. It's not like it was years in the past.

So, yeah, the fans right now are not complaining. If they repeatedly bomb out again, they will complain, but for now, they're relatively content.

24 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Beal is better than how many of those guys? 

Almost if not all of them. I said you could use them to round out your team when your high lottery picks are used for your stars. You need to get talent to round out your team and superstars. 

No one wants Beal for a 2nd rounder, and that's obvious. Not sure why you made that comparison. 

But as of right now, without an extension, you have Beal for one more run at a 2nd round exit. Assuming Wall comes back... healthy... and at the same level...

3 minutes ago, Woz said:

The end of the second round in the NFL draft is pick 64. That represents 25% of the picks in the draft.

25% of the NBA draft is pick 15 (the first non-lottery pick).

Not really apples to apples there to compare the 2nd round of the NFL to the 2nd round of the NBA. But even given that, you can find quality players (even stars) that late in the NBA.

Beal is not going to win a championship by himself (there's only a handful of players in the NBA's history that could arguably do that). NBA teams need multiple stars to have a chance. So having one guy doesn't help the Wizards.

Look, if you're happy with where the Wizards are/how the Wizards are constructed right now, okay then. I just don't see how they are competitive in the short and medium term without a full rebuild. They'll waste what they do have in Beal (and potentially what Wall gives them) and then they'll leave ... and end up in more or less the same place, just without the draft ammunition to kickstart themselves forward.

Thus, the long term plan is "hope we win the lottery!"

Your entitled to that opinion just like I'm entitled to mine. So what's the problem with saying we just don't agree? 

1 minute ago, Woz said:
  1. They won the Cup. The Wizards have not made the conference finals (much less the NBA Finals) since before Reagan was president.
  2. They won the cup the season before last. It's not like it was years in the past.

So, yeah, the fans right now are not complaining. 

Eh, I was salty and complained a lot last year. There are others. I wasn't as frustrated or mad as years past, but that was a terrible series to blow. 

2 minutes ago, Woz said:

So, yeah, the fans right now are not complaining. If they repeatedly bomb out again, they will complain, but for now, they're relatively content.

And if Beal is traded for unfair value I guarantee the Wizards will lose Revenue, it's fan base, and more fans will complain just like I am on this forum. 

Did it stop their Revenue and fans stop showing up to games? 

It's stopped the Wizards, even when they were decent. In descending year order - 19th, 14th, 20th, 16th, 13th, 18th, 20th, 18th, 19th, 21st, 21st (before Wall), 15th, etc.

4 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Your entitled to that opinion just like I'm entitled to mine. So what's the problem with saying we just don't agree? 

That's fine. But you keep presenting counter-arguments that I and Woz would like to respond to. 

2 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Eh, I was salty and complained a lot last year. There are others. I wasn't as frustrated or mad as years past, but that was a terrible series to blow. 

Yet they still have their playoff games sold out or plenty of fans cheering them on consistently. So I guess you need to get more people as Salty as you. 

2 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

And if Beal is traded for unfair value I guarantee the Wizards will lose Revenue, it's fan base, and more fans will complain just like I am on this forum. 

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

It's stopped the Wizards, even when they were decent. In descending year order - 19th, 14th, 20th, 16th, 13th, 18th, 20th, 18th, 19th, 21st, 21st (before Wall), 15th, etc.

These go hand in hand. It'll have some effect, but maybe not as much as you think. Getting under the cap, revenue sharing, etc.