Off-Topic: The Washington Wizards Thread

turtle28

Yeah, I’m not sacrificing Beal just to dump Walls contract. I’d rather bank on Wall coming back and playing well which is very possible as opposed to just giving Beal away. It’s not like they even need the cap space since good players won’t sign here. The last time they had tons of cap space should’ve proven that to everyone so the only one who benefits from dumping Walls contract is Leonsis. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Yeah, I’m not sacrificing Beal just to dump Walls contract. I’d rather bank on Wall coming back and playing well which is very possible as opposed to just giving Beal away. It’s not like they even need the cap space since good players won’t sign here. The last time they had tons of cap space should’ve proven that to everyone so the only one who benefits from dumping Walls contract is Leonsis. 

Even with Wall healthy, and with Porter, they couldn’t win 50 games or get to the conference finals.  What is the point in keeping John Wall?

27 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Even with Wall healthy, and with Porter, they couldn’t win 50 games or get to the conference finals.  What is the point in keeping John Wall?

You don’t have to keep Wall but if giving away Bradley Beal is the price to do it then that’s just stupid. And they won 49-games and were minutes away from the conference finals. It’s not like they weren’t close. I know it’s fun to blame all of the teams struggles on Wall but he earned his super max by making the all-nba team. 

They could’ve built a team around Wall and Beal, instead they let Grunfeld waste Walls best years. Wall is probably never going to get back to that All-NBA form but he was a damn good PG for a good amount of time. It’s most likely going to end up being a bad contract but nobody on the planet would’ve let him walk at the time he signed it. 

10 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

You don’t have to keep Wall but if giving away Bradley Beal is the price to do it then that’s just stupid. And they won 49-games and were minutes away from the conference finals. It’s not like they weren’t close. I know it’s fun to blame all of the teams struggles on Wall but he earned his super max by making the all-nba team. 

They could’ve built a team around Wall and Beal, instead they let Grunfeld waste Walls best years. Wall is probably never going to get back to that All-NBA form but he was a damn good PG for a good amount of time. It’s most likely going to end up being a bad contract but nobody on the planet would’ve let him walk at the time he signed it. 

They were a minute away from CF before Wall got hurt, before Walls supermax kicked in, and before they dumped Porter.  The team is going nowhere as is they need to blow it up.

This discussion could prove futile if Beal refuses to sign his extension.

16 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

They were a minute away from CF before Wall got hurt, before Walls supermax kicked in, and before they dumped Porter.  The team is going nowhere as is they need to blow it up.

This discussion could prove futile if Beal refuses to sign his extension.

Blow what up? What is there to blow up? They have Wall and Beal on large contracts and that’s it. Everyone else has been dumped. Mahinmi is gone after this season and then there’s nothing left of the albatross contracts other than Walls supermax. 

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

other than Walls supermax.

Which is the worst contract in professional sports.  

Having Beal will keep them from getting a high draft pick.  Having Wall and Beal will keep them from signing any FAs.  Yes they haven't attracted FAs, but they haven't had space for multiple max contracts either.  Its a big market, having a ton of cap space could lure guys to team up there. 

Besides any of these arguments I don't understand why anyone would want to keep the status quo?  It hasn't worked, and its only getting worse (Wall will not be the same and will be more expensive).  Isn't any change better than stuck in the same mediocre cycle?  At least blowing it up is a plan.  Status quo is giving up.  

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

Which is the worst contract in professional sports.  

Having Beal will keep them from getting a high draft pick.  Having Wall and Beal will keep them from signing any FAs.  Yes they haven't attracted FAs, but they haven't had space for multiple max contracts either.  Its a big market, having a ton of cap space could lure guys to team up there. 

Besides any of these arguments I don't understand why anyone would want to keep the status quo?  It hasn't worked, and its only getting worse (Wall will not be the same and will be more expensive).  Isn't any change better than stuck in the same mediocre cycle?  At least blowing it up is a plan.  Status quo is giving up.  

But they have had the space for multiple max contracts. They had it when Durant wouldn’t even return their phone calls. Nobody will sign here. So there options at the time were let their All-NBA 26-year old PG walk or pay him. Literally everyone on the planet would’ve done what the wizards did. It wasn’t wrong at the time and him getting hurt didn’t suddenly make him a terrible player.

The best the wizards are going to get is Wall and Beal and then hope Rui or another draft pick turns into a stud but dumping all of your talent so you can rid yourself of a Wall contract is ridiculous. In none of these scenarios are the wizards even getting a pick back for Beal because the trade includes Wall. That’s just stupid and absurd. Wizards fans do not live in reality. I see them on RealGM wanting to dump Walls contract. It doesn’t matter how much cap space you have if nobody will sign here. That’s how we ended up with terrible Mahinmi, Nicholson and Smith contracts. The Wizards have to win by building around Beal and it John comes back playing like he did before then that’s a plus. You don’t dump Beal in hopes of finding another Beal. 

The only team I’m packaging Beal and wall to is the nicks if they become interested. Reason being 1) desperate for a star. 2) they are horrible with trades (porzingus) 3) idc who they have they are always a dumpster fire.

im taking Mitchell Robinson, Knox, Barret, and an unprotected 1st.

thats my price if it’s a package deal

Robinson is super talented, young, and top 5 Center potential, can also play the 4

Knox is only going to improve.

Barrett has the making to be a top scorer if he sheds the selfish player critique

so IT, Knox, Barret, Robinson, and Bryant starting

with a bench of Rui, Brown, Bertrans, Miles, Wagner, Smith, Robinson, schoefield instantly becomes the youngest team in the league and not to mention we would have the most cap room in the league most likely.

we could stay competitive while also developing the whole young team on top of having our 1st and the Knicks unprotected 1st. So most likely two lottery picks 

so that’s a whole team of promising youth right there

two lottery picks ours included

and immediate cap space.

i don’t think it would happe. But if the Knicks were interested that would be my price

23 minutes ago, Skinsin2013 said:

Some fun trade scenarios for Beal - https://wizofawes.com/2019/07/20/three-potential-trades-involving-bradley-beal/

I'd much rather trade Beal for young assets and picks as opposed to Beal and Wall for cap space relief and a weak trade return.

Yeah I mean there’s no point in the Wizards having cap space, no good to great free agents have ever wanted to sign in DC. I don’t see that changing, so a lot of cap space seems worthless for this franchise to me.