Off-Topic: The Washington Wizards Thread

turtle28

2 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Timberwolves get Beal.

Wizards get Jarrett Culver, Andrew Wiggins and two future firsts.

Nuggets get Beal.

Wizards get Garry Harris, Michael Porter Jr, Bol Bol, two future firsts.

I'd take the Nuggets offer only if it's clear Beal doesn't want to resign here in general. Once again that's something none of US know. 

Edited by Skins212689
  • Like 1

On 7/22/2019 at 7:18 PM, naptownskinsfan said:

I'd put Davis and Alex Smith far ahead of John Wall.  I would also include Albert Pujols, Albert Haynesworth, Jay Cutler, Josh Hamilton and Rick DiPiertro ahead of him as well.  

John Wall’s contract has only become a bad contract because he got hurt IMO. You could say the same for Alex Smith.

When their contracts we're given out they were both coming off great years - although Alex’s wasn’t with the Redskins - and it's easy to look back in hindsight and say they are two of the worst contracts in sports. When the contracts were given out, they weren't viewed as bad contracts by most. Yes, even Wall’s contract wasn't viewed by most - that I remember - as being one of the worst contracts ever.

The main reason they are is because of their injuries.

11 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

I'd take the Nuggets offer only if it's clear Beal doesn't want to resign here in general. Once again that's something known of US know. 

Yes, until Beal tells the Wizards, ”I want traded, ” I wouldn't trade him, I would plan to build around him.

I understand people's points about his value possibly dropping if he plays more time for the wizards but to me, it's not going to drop that much even if he gets injured. Teams will still give up a big package for an injured star. Look at the contract KD got and he just tore his achillies.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Yes, until Beal tells the Wizards, ”I want traded, ” I wouldn't trade him, I would plan to build around him.

I understand people's points about his value possibly dropping if he plays more time for the wizards but to me, it's not going to drop that much even if he gets injured. Teams will still give up a big package for an injured star. Look at the contract KD got and he just tore his achillies.

True, but we both know he's no KD though. He has finished the last 3 seasons playing at least 75 of the 82 regular season games. So I wouldn't be concerned about his health. The Heat have nothing to give the Wizards as far as talent so while It may be a good move financially, l would be looking to trade him elsewhere. Also I wouldn't rush to trade him ethier. Say he doesn't sign this deal come Friday, I'm not gonna panic and trade him right away unless I'm blown away with a deal. 

He would be betting on himself going into the season and with Wall out he most definitely will be the #1 guy. Kuzma or DeAngelo Russell could become possible trade targets IMO. Beal could replace both those guys on their respective teams. You play this smart because no matter what your gonna have to spend the money. Just spend it on the right guys. 

14 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

True, but we both know he's no KD though. He has finished the last 3 seasons playing at least 75 of the 82 regular season games. So I wouldn't be concerned about his health. The Heat have nothing to give the Wizards as far as talent so while It may be a good move financially, l would be looking to trade him elsewhere. Also I wouldn't rush to trade him ethier. Say he doesn't sign this deal come Friday, I'm not gonna panic and trade him right away unless I'm blown away with a deal. 

He would be betting on himself going into the season and with Wall out he most definitely will be the #1 guy. Kuzma or DeAngelo Russell could become possible trade targets IMO. Beal could replace both those guys on their respective teams. You play this smart because no matter what your gonna have to spend the money. Just spend it on the right guys. 

Neither LA or the Warriors have the assets to trade for Beal.

11 hours ago, turtle28 said:

John Wall’s contract has only become a bad contract because he got hurt IMO. You could say the same for Alex Smith.

No, they were bad contracts on the face of them.

John Wall's contract was bad because his contract by itself swallowed about 40-45% of the Wizard's cap room. That kind of allocation for cap space should only be reserved for a rare superstar (think KD, LeBron, Curry, etc.). John Wall is good, but he is not in that stratosphere. The fact he got hurt makes it that much more horrible.

Alex Smith's contract was bad because Washington was paying for one year's worth of stats and ignoring what Smith was for his career and the situation Smith found himself in. There was  a next-to-zero chance that he would recreate the numbers he did in 2017. The fact he got hurt (and had his career ended) makes it that much more horrible.

When their contracts we're given out they were both coming off great years - although Alex’s wasn’t with the Redskins - and it's easy to look back in hindsight and say they are two of the worst contracts in sports.

Uhh, bull****. I called out Smith's contract at the time. Others called out Wall's contract at the time. Do not try to cover up our in-the-moment evaluations as "in hindsight" just because you thought we were wrong.

• Like 2

And as soon as he says "I want [to be] traded," his value drops because others teams will know he wants out and lower their bids.

Again, like Wall, Bradley Beal is not in the same stratosphere as Kevin Durant. I don't know how you don't see this, but you have to understand where their value is and what you would get for them.

Why Wizards fans do not comprehend simple supply & demand rules, I do not understand.

4 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Man I wish I could give this more than 1 like

There aren't many times a trade is made where a team gets worse on offense, worse on defense, while also giving up a top 100 draft pick.  But, Bruce Allen (who should be used to losing) just had to have someone hold his beer for that trade.  

• Like 2