Off-Topic: The Washington Wizards Thread

turtle28

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

All I can say is at least Ernie gets to the playoffs.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernie_Grunfeld

Not a bad resume except he’s never won a championship. He turned all 3 teams into winners.

In his 15 years the Wizards have been to the playoffs more times than any other GM I can remember. 

Not a bad resume? He’s been here 15 years and drafted two All-Stars. TWO. You have to try to only draft two All-Stars in 15 years. And the second one didn’t happen until this year lol

Just now, lavar703 said:

Not a bad resume? He’s been here 15 years and drafted two All-Stars. TWO. You have to try to only draft two All-Stars in 15 years. And the second one didn’t happen until this year lol

He also signed one.

Im talking about his 30 years as a GM. He built the Knicks and Bucks into winners and it’s not easy to find All-Stars is it?

Most teams only have 1 or 2.

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

He also signed one.

Im talking about his 30 years as a GM. He built the Knicks and Bucks into winners and it’s not easy to find All-Stars is it?

Are you seriously going to defend Ernie Grunfeld?

He also signed one.

Come on dude. You’re defending Ernie Grunfeld here. Jesus Christ dude. You’re better than this. 

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

He's not really quick enough to guard wings and guards on the perimeter full time though.  Get him in the gym and bulk him up.  

It’s not going to happen, he’s what? 24 going on 25. If Porter was going to put in weight he would have by now.

Just like trading Wall, this isn’t going to happen. I don’t even know why I’m entertains this discussion. 

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

It’s not going to happen, he’s what? 24 going on 25. If Porter was going to put in weight he would have by now.

Just like trading Wall, this isn’t going to happen. I don’t even know why I’m entertains this discussion. 

He only needs to gain like 20 lbs.  It really isn't that far fetched.

I’m not saying Ernie is the best, but he isn’t the worst. Just look it up. He built the Knicks who nearly Ron the title and had those wars with MJ and the Bulls.

Milwaukee was awful before he got there, same with our Wizards.

Like, really awful.  

The man traded Kwame Brown for Caron Butler! Hello?

I’m not saying Ernie is the best, but he isn’t the worst. Just look it up. He built the Knicks who nearly Ron the title and had those wars with MJ and the Bulls.

Milwaukee was awful before he got there, same with our Wizards.

Like, really awful.  

The man traded Kwame Brown for Caron Butler! Hello?

Why are you the ultimate defender of mediocre?  You seriously need to raise your standards.