Off-Topic: The Washington Wizards Thread

turtle28

22 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I wouldn't make that over bet either. I wish I could find out how much they'd give for Wizards over 39.5 though. I bet it'd be like +300 at least. 

No like I don’t bet at all. I barely play black Jack if I go to Vegas. I just don’t like giving my money away when I’m likely to lose it and with sports I enjoy it too much to sit there watching the game and be worried about point spreads and whatever. I don’t know how people do it, it would drive me nuts.

7 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

No like I don’t bet at all. I barely play black Jack if I go to Vegas. I just don’t like giving my money away when I’m likely to lose it and with sports I enjoy it too much to sit there watching the game and be worried about point spreads and whatever. I don’t know how people do it, it would drive me nuts.

It does drive me nuts. I'm just commenting if there was someone out there who was as confident as you are that they can win 40 in a 72 game season (I'm pretty sure we got to that), then they could make a lot of money. Because Vegas ain't having it. 

9 hours ago, turtle28 said:

If Deni can be this solid as a shooter then, we may have something. I worry about him being ready for the NBA physicality but his shooting is promising. 

I think he will be alright as far as physicality of the game, yes he’s young and a little slim but he also played against grown men. Not as talented as the nba but still.. grown men unlike the college players. And also the NBA has gotten softer each year. Your seeing more and more small ball, and if someone even sneezes at a player now they flop 😂

• Like 1

On 11/22/2020 at 11:18 PM, turtle28 said:

Anyone who signed him was going to bc he was going to get that kind of $ as a free agent regardless of if he signed here or somewhere else and he’s not a starting PF but he’ll get any team 15 pts off the bench mostly on 3s as a stretch 4.

I'm not saying he wasn't worth the contract (though that can be argued). I'm saying it is ludicrous to drop that much money into a player you are going to use primarily coming off the bench.

On 11/23/2020 at 1:48 PM, MikeT14 said:

Wanted to find Bovada's OU for the Wiz this season. It's at 29.5. Lotta money for you to easily make @turtle28

Are they scaling it that down to the shortened season? So, the over is 30-42 (0.417) or better?

Yeah, I think I would take the under there.

On 11/23/2020 at 3:59 PM, MikeT14 said:

It does drive me nuts. I'm just commenting if there was someone out there who was as confident as you are that they can win 40 in a 72 game season (I'm pretty sure we got to that), then they could make a lot of money. Because Vegas ain't having it. 

That they'd be a 0.556 team? Oh I'll definitely bet against that.

1 hour ago, Woz said:

I'm not saying he wasn't worth the contract (though that can be argued). I'm saying it is ludicrous to drop that much money into a player you are going to use primarily coming off the bench.

He’ll Play around 30 minutes a game. It’s really semantics whether he’s in the starting lineup or not. He’s going to be playing starters minutes just as he did last year.

17 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

I think he will be alright as far as physicality of the game, yes he’s young and a little slim but he also played against grown men. Not as talented as the nba but still.. grown men unlike the college players. And also the NBA has gotten softer each year. Your seeing more and more small ball, and if someone even sneezes at a player now they flop 😂

Very true and I hope! It’d be a pleasant surprise if we get two straight starters with the 9th pick right away! I didn’t expect Rui to be as solid as he was last year and I’d definitely love to be shocked if Deni is too.