Off-Topic: The Washington Wizards Thread

turtle28

Well I guess the Neto heater is over! 0-5 tonight (all from 3), 🤦‍♂️ #DCAboveAll more like below all. Who the hell came up with that slogan? It’s awful! This team sucks!

I don’t see how Brooks can keep his job unless when Rui comes back he gives them a big 3 and they start winning some games.

The Wizards can NOT win if they don’t shoot well. Last game they were 25% from 3. Tonight they are only shooting 20% from 3. Beal, Bertans & Neto are a combined 2-14 from 3. They can’t win shooting like that! 

Edited by turtle28

11 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Well I guess the Neto heater is over! 0-5 tonight (all from 3), 🤦‍♂️ #DCAboveAll more like below all. Who the hell came up with that slogan? It’s awful! This team sucks!

I don’t see how Brooks can keep his job unless when Rui comes back he gives them a big 3 and they start winning some games.

The Wizards can NOT win if they don’t shoot well. Last game they were 25% from 3. Tonight they are only shooting 20% from 3. Beal, Bertans & Neto are a combined 2-14 from 3. They can’t win shooting like that! 

I'm glad it only took 4 games for you to accept it. Progress!

Otttttooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! Always like him. Definitely lacks killer instinct. But he played an all-around game, something lost on armchair NBA fans that can't see past a box score. 

Beal's assist/turnover ration is basically 1/1 right now. Unacceptable, even for a SG. He and Russ are averaging 11 turnovers a game when they play together. Beal is also a minus player in 3 of 4 games. Take care of the ball. Play perimeter defense. I HATE Russ and Beal's body language too. Russ constantly shaking his head, putting his head down. There's no excuse from a guy that is supposed to be a leader. Russ also made his first three pointer last night (in garbage time). But, hey, keep firing em up.

Loving Deni. Needs to stop passing up shots though.

Rui will help. But much like Otto, he's another Wizard that has to develop killer instinct. 

Edited by Skinsin2013

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

I'm glad it only took 4 games for you to accept it. Progress!

I don’t understand it. They have talent. When you put it out on paper I see no reason why this team can’t be as good as they were 3 to 5 years ago, but it’s just not working. I guess it’s the defense. Nene, Gortat, Porter, Morris played solid D on the front line and that’s why they were always winning more than 40 games. 

What’s most disappointing is the shooting bad 3 point from Beal & Bertans. I talked about Beal’s bad 3point shooting before the season and how it needed to improve bc he shoots so much, and it hasn’t. They need these two to knock down shots and if they aren’t, stop jacking up bad shots and work the offense for something easier. 

1 hour ago, Skinsin2013 said:

Otttttooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! Always like him. Definitely lacks killer instinct. But he played an all-around game, something lost on armchair NBA fans that can't see past a box score. 

Beal's assist/turnover ration is basically 1/1 right now. Unacceptable, even for a SG. He and Russ are averaging 11 turnovers a game when they play together. Beal is also a minus player in 3 of 4 games. Take care of the ball. Play perimeter defense. I HATE Russ and Beal's body language too. Russ constantly shaking his head, putting his head down. There's no excuse from a guy that is supposed to be a leader. Russ also made his first three pointer last night (in garbage time). But, hey, keep firing em up.

Loving Deni. Needs to stop passing up shots though.

Rui will help. But much like Otto, he's another Wizard that has to develop killer instinct. 

Otto’s problem is as you said he’s not aggressive and he still can’t stay healthy. He’s barely played for the Bulls bc of injuries since they traded for him. I liked Otto too, I wanted the Wizards to draft him, I wanted the Wizards to pay him bc I didn’t think they could get anyone better to come to DC in free agency and I thought he’d continue to improve and get more agressive, which he never did which was disappointing to me. 

So, because he didn’t get more aggressive and couldn’t create his own shot very well, the became overpaid. I never like Otto as much as Beal and Wall bc they were leaders on the court, clutch and aggressive where Otto had all the tools but was passive. So, of the 3, Otto was the one I would’ve moved like Ernie did but, I thought it was stupid for Ernie to trade both Porter & Oubre two years ago, that made no damn sense.

I definitely agree with what you’re saying about the assist to turnover ratio w/ their guards, can’t have that.

You’re 100% on point about Deni, he needs to shoot more and Rui was passive last year, I hope this year he’s a more aggressive. I know it was only one preseason game before he got pink eye, but he was more aggressive in that game and looked good. They need Rui to come back and be a mid to high teens scorer, but on top of that Bertans has to earn his $. He was averaging 15 - almost 16 ppg - last year, vs Orlando he only got 5 & 9. The good news is he got 20 last night vs Chicago which he needs to get around every night.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Welcome to the club Danny.

I rarely agree with that guy. Troy Brown is such a mystery to me also. He has all the tools in the tool box but just can’t put it together. I’ll just wait and hope at some point they start playing up to their potential, it’s really all you can do. At the trade deadline I think it’s for sure they’re going to have to make some moves but I don’t know what they’re going to get for the players they’d want to move. 

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I rarely agree with that guy. Troy Brown is such a mystery to me also. He has all the tools in the tool box but just can’t put it together. I’ll just wait and hope at some point they start playing up to their potential, it’s really all you can do. At the trade deadline I think it’s for sure they’re going to have to make some moves but I don’t know what they’re going to get for the players they’d want to move. 

They might not be able to wait that long if they even want a shot at righting the ship this season. 

10 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

They might not be able to wait that long if they even want a shot at righting the ship this season. 

Yes, but it depends on what you can get back. I don’t see the point in trading any of our young developing players just to dump them because they’re not problems for us and they’re on their rookie deals too; so money with them isn’t an issue. The only way I’d make a move is if they get back a 3 and D SF or a defensive center. Which, we all said they needed to sign both of those in the off-season  instead we got Lopez who is OK, but I wished they could’ve done better. I’d rather see Wagner play than Lopez.

Edited by turtle28

And at what point are we going to start holding Bradley Beal accountable for failing to win games as the leader of this Wizards team. Sure, his numbers are back to being among the league’s best. Through four losses, Beal is averaging 32 points, 4.5 assists, and 4.5 rebounds per game. But he’s also been careless with the ball, averaging 4.0 turnovers per game.

And his efficiency is down even if his totals are up. Beal is shooting just 24 percent from three.

During the Wizards’ collapse vs. the Orlando Magic — their most winnable game this season, the one in which the Wizards entered the fourth quarter with a 17-point lead — Beal went 2-9 from the field and 0-2 from three in the final frame. Zero assists, zero rebounds, one turnover. When the Wizards needed to close, Beal didn’t deliver.

https://wizofawes.com/2020/12/30/washington-wizards-dont-blame-slow-start-russell-westbrook/?utm_campaign=FanSided+Daily&utm_source=FanSided+Daily&utm_medium=email

Edited by turtle28

2 hours ago, Skinsin2013 said:

I don't recall pink eye taking three weeks to clear up. Anyone else? 😆

Well I think it’s a few things. He has pink eye in both eyes, not just one and the times are different because of COVID. I know they aren’t related but I think they are being extra careful with him bc of the COVID pandemic. They are making sure that he’s 100% ready before they put him back out there.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Skinsin2013 said:

I don't recall pink eye taking three weeks to clear up. Anyone else? 😆

Rui “Pink Eye” Hachimura is set to make his debut tonight @5 tonight when the Wizards face the Bulls.

Rui will replace Bonga in the starting line up tonight.

• Like 1