Off-Topic: The Washington Wizards Thread

turtle28

42 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Strange. No one has 6 points, 4 rebounds, and 4 assists through the first 8 minutes...but they’re still winning?

I highly doubt that’s the reason they’re winning. They’re winning bc KAT isn’t playing.

Nice to see Bertans show up, 3 threes in the 1st half.

Edited by turtle28

Why isn’t Bonga playing for the 2nd night in a row?

Bonga should be playing over Jerome Robinson!

So Rui returns & then the Wizards best defender sits on the pine?

Come on Brooks! I’m not understanding these rotations. Play Bonga as Avdija’s back up at SF & play Brown as Beal’s back up at SG.

100% the right take! I don’t understand it either! TBJ is a point forward, he needs to be the PG on the 2nd unit, Bonga needs minutes so they can have him guard the opposing teams best guard or SF.

Wizards do get their first win though in large part because KAT didn’t play tonight:

Beal: 31 pts in 3 quarters (3-5 from 3) 7 assists, 3 rebs & 1 steal

Neto: 12 pts (2-2 from 3) 2 assists, 2 steals

Rui: Just 19 min, 11 pts, 4 rebs, 2 assists 

Avdija: 11 pts, (3-5 from 3) 7 rebs, 3 assists, 3 steals

Bryant: 18 pts (1-1 from 3) 7 rebs, 2 assists 

Bertans: 11 pts, (3-7 from 3) 2 rebs

Robinson: 13 pts, (2-3 from 3) 2 rebs, 3 assists 

Edited by turtle28

1 hour ago, Skinsin2013 said:

Wall a minus player in both of his games. Other HOU starters were plus players.

Same old song and dance. Volume shooter. Still shoots 8 a game and doesn't play defense. Culture killer.

I know we disagree on this and I could let all of that go but “culture killer.”

That’s just plain wrong.

Were you alive in the 1990’s & 2000s?

The entire culture of Wizards basketball was crap for those entire two decades - even when they had Arenas bc he was so weird. He also played no defense and was a volume scorer.

Anyways, the entire culture of Wizards basketball changed for the good when Wall was drafted. Off the court Wall was a typical NBA player, I see no need to treat him any worse for things that almost all NBA players did.

On the court though, straight fire for the entire Wall era. The culture was good when Wall was this teams leader and it showed on the court bc they won more than they lost once Beal was drafted as his sidekick.

Edited by turtle28

36 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I know we disagree on this and I could let all of that go but “culture killer.”

That’s just plain wrong.

Were you alive in the 1990’s & 2000s?

The entire culture of Wizards basketball was crap for those entire two decades - even when they had Arenas bc he was so weird. He also played no defense and was a volume scorer.

Anyways, the entire culture of Wizards basketball changed for the good when Wall was drafted. Off the court Wall was a typical NBA player, I see no need to treat him any worse for things that almost all NBA players did.

On the court though, straight fire for the entire Wall era. The culture was good when Wall was this teams leader and it showed on the court bc they won more than they lost once Beal was drafted as his sidekick.

So why isn't he still a Wizard? What did the ownership group think of his ties to gang life/culture? 

11 minutes ago, Skinsin2013 said:

So why isn't he still a Wizard? What did the ownership group think of his ties to gang life/culture? 

I think there’s multiple reasons why he’s not a Wizard. First of all I can’t even comment on anything in terms of gangs bc so know nothing about it, and I don’t think anyone does unless they know Wall and what he does off the court personally and I’d again add that that’s an issue with a lot of NBA players.

The Wizards traded Wall fro three reasons:

1. Wall wanted to still be the focal point and unquestioned leader of the team but, in his absence of nearly 2 years Brad had taken over that role. Brad is younger and has more upside still where Wall had reached his ceiling and will be on the decline within a few years.

2. Wall wanted traded after he first heard that the Wizards were considering it & after that the relationship between Wall, Brooks & the front office was probably beyond repair.

3. Scott Brooks relationship with Russell Westbrook. Scott & Russ have been close since OKC. Brooks saw an opportunity to bring Russ in and not only give this team a veteran and healthier option than Wall as a PG but also bring in someone who was an extension of his mind and he thought having Russ would help develop the young players in his offense.

Edited by turtle28

5 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I think there’s multiple reasons why he’s not a Wizard. First of all I can’t even comment on anything in terms of gangs bc so know nothing about it, and I don’t think anyone does unless they know Wall and what he does off the court personally and I’d again add that that’s an issue with a lot of NBA players.

The Wizards traded Wall fro three reasons:

1. Wall wanted to still be the focal point and unquestioned leader of the team but, in his absence of nearly 2 years Brad had taken over that role. Brad is younger and has more upside still where Wall had reached his ceiling and will be on the decline within a few years.

2. Wall wanted traded after he first heard that the Wizards were considering it & after that the relationship between Wall, Brooks & the front office was probably beyond repair.

3. Scott Brooks relationship with Russell Westbrook. Scott & Russ have been close since OKC. Brooks saw an opportunity to bring Russ in and not only give this team a veteran and healthier option than Wall as a PG but also being in someone who was an extension of his mind and he thought would help develop the young players in his offense.

So Wall thinks he's better than he is, would accept nothing less than being "the guy," wanted to be traded when it was clear he wasn't anymore. And Brooks' (who may not last the season) relationship with Russ. Got it. Bye.

I'd more so go with had heal spurs, showed up to camp overweight, had to miss time recover from heal spurs, slips n falls at home (huh?), throwing teammates under the bus multiple times, irritating teammates including Beal, just simply didn't consistently play defense, off-the-court nonsense (e.g., clubbing during the season (NOT everyone does that - we've had that discussion. So NOT an excuse), vids with him party with gang members, gang signs on the court (irritated ownership).

And he gets traded to the team with a former MVP and a high-usage player in James Harden. 🙃  There he promptly wastes no time and picks up COVID. I know, not his fault. Just like the heal spurs (heal spurs don't like added weight) and ACL (buy a bath mat Jimmy).  

42 minutes ago, Skinsin2013 said:

So Wall thinks he's better than he is, would accept nothing less than being "the guy," wanted to be traded when it was clear he wasn't anymore. And Brooks' (who may not last the season) relationship with Russ. Got it. Bye.

I'd more so go with had heal spurs, showed up to camp overweight, had to miss time recover from heal spurs, slips n falls at home (huh?), throwing teammates under the bus multiple times, irritating teammates including Beal, just simply didn't consistently play defense, off-the-court nonsense (e.g., clubbing during the season (NOT everyone does that - we've had that discussion. So NOT an excuse), vids with him party with gang members, gang signs on the court (irritated ownership).

And he gets traded to the team with a former MVP and a high-usage player in James Harden. 🙃  There he promptly wastes no time and picks up COVID. I know, not his fault. Just like the heal spurs (heal spurs don't like added weight) and ACL (buy a bath mat Jimmy).  

Wall tore his achillies, not ACL. We can just agree to disagree. All I know is except for the year I was born, 1979 the best era of Wizards b-ball in my lifetime was when Wall was on this team.

You can dismiss that all you want but I won’t ever forget it.

• Like 1

Just now, turtle28 said:

Wall tore his achillies, not ACL. We can just agree to disagree. All I know is except for the year I was born, 1979 the best era of Wizards b-ball in my lifetime was when Wall was on this team.

You can dismiss that all you want but I won’t ever forget it.

I was born in the same year.  😘

I don't dismiss that. But we sure are setting the bar low.