Off-Topic: The Washington Wizards Thread

turtle28

12 minutes ago, Skinsin2013 said:

I was born in the same year.  😘

I don't dismiss that. But we sure are setting the bar low.

Cool but yeah, the low bar is what it is.

So, did you go to Towson too? I remember you saying something about that one time.

We may have been at Towson at the same time if you did, I graduated from there in 2002.

5 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Cool but yeah, the low bar is what it is.

So, did you go to Towson too? I remember you saying something about that one time.

We may have been at Towson at the same time if you did, I graduated from there in 2002.

I was there 00 and 01. Lived in Lochraven apartments.

Moved to "The Lakes" over near Padonia Station for grad school. Lived there in 02 and 03. Padonia Station was awesome because a # of Ravens players had a radio show there and would hang out. Tony Saragusa once snatched a beer out of my hands, with my girlfriend in front of me, chugged and it and laughed. It was clear he was joking from the start... not that I could do a thing about it. He promptly bought me another beer. Also recall following Ray Lewis to the bathroom (I had to go!) and his body guard put his arm across the door and told me I could wait... I agreed. 😆

Edited by Skinsin2013

8 minutes ago, Skinsin2013 said:

I was there 00 and 01. Lived in Lochraven apartments.

Moved to "The Lakes" over near Padonia Station for grad school. Lived there in 02 and 03. Padonia Station was awesome because a # of Ravens players had a radio show there and would hang out. Tony Saragusa once snatched a beer out of my hands, with my girlfriend in front of me, chugged and it and laughed. It was clear he was joking from the start... not that I could do a thing about it. He promptly bought me another beer. Also recall following Ray Lewis to the bathroom (I had to go!) and his body guard put his across the door and told me I could wait... I agreed. 😆

Yeah, I remember the Ravens players being at the mall and all and around for events. One time my girlfriend and I were at the mall and Jamal Lewis was signing autographs.

I was wearing my Lavar Arrington Jersey and in the food court I almost got in a fight - it was like a fake fight - w/ Poe the Ravens mascot. He saw me in my Lavar jersey and acted like he wanted to fight me. 😂 

I always made it a point to go to the Mall on Sundays or to class on Monday’s wearing my Lavar jersey! 😂 

I can’t remember what the name of the apartments I stayed at but it was like a 10 minute walk across the main road leading into the university, hell I can’t even remember the name of that road.

Afrer I graduated me and my girlfriend moved to cockeysville. The apartments were cheaper and bigger. 

Edited by turtle28

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Yeah, I remember the Ravens players being at the mall and all and around for events. One time my girlfriend and I were at the mall and Jamal Lewis was signing autographs.

I was wearing my Lavar Arrington Jersey and in the food court I almost got in a fight - it was like a fake fight - w/ Poe the Ravens mascot. He saw me in my Lavar jersey and acted like he wanted to fight me. 😂 

I always made it a point to go to the Mall on Sundays or to class on Monday’s wearing my Lavar jersey! 😂 

I can’t remember what the name of the apartments I stayed at but it was like a 10 minute walk across the main road leading into the university, hell I can’t even remember the name of that road.

Afrer I graduated me and my girlfriend moved to cockeysville. The apartments were cheaper and bigger. 

I loved the area... meaning 83 North. 15 minutes to the country, 15 minutes to the city.

I could easily move back up there. But I have too much family where I live now. 

6 minutes ago, Skinsin2013 said:

I loved the area... meaning 83 North. 15 minutes to the country, 15 minutes to the city.

I could easily move back up there. But I have too much family where I live now. 

Yeah same, absolutely a great place to live but, my job is in Virginia and I’m not looking to change jobs.

I remember that area of Padonia Station, up to where my apartment was in Cokeysville, past the High school at the end of that road on the left.

My friend who I met when I used to be a cashier/manager at Giant Food used to live near Padonia in the apartments like a minute up on the left, I used to go up and visit her a few times a month when she lived there. 

She graduated from Villa Julie.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Skinsin2013 said:

Got it. We should never talk about past players. 🤐

You aren’t talking about him. You two have had this same argument over and over again. It never gets anywhere and he’s not on the team anymore. You hate Wall, he doesn’t. 

3 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

You aren’t talking about him. You two have had this same argument over and over again. It never gets anywhere and he’s not on the team anymore. You hate Wall, he doesn’t. 

Thanks for the unsolicited advice. But we're two big boys. It's not needed.

22 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Yeah same, absolutely a great place to live but, my job is in Virginia and I’m not looking to change jobs.

I remember that area of Padonia Station, up to where my apartment was in Cokeysville, past the High school at the end of that road on the left.

My friend who I met when I used to be a cashier/manager at Giant Food used to live near Padonia in the apartments like a minute up on the left, I used to go up and visit her a few times a month when she lived there. 

She graduated from Villa Julie.

Yup. That's where I was. I played A LOT of pickup ball at TU. The highlight being playing against the Jewish Jordan. LOL!!!

2 hours ago, Skinsin2013 said:

This is similar to Wall jacking up 8 3 pointers a game. Drives me nuts when guys get away from their strengths. 

Agreed, makes no sense. These guys have a propensity to do that sometimes - especially the older they get. I have said for years that I hated it when Wall jacks up 5 or more 3’s in a game and I hate when Russ isn’t being aggressive either in going to the rim. Neither guy should he settling for jump shots bc that’s not the strength of their games.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

I always made it a point to go to the Mall on Sundays or to class on Monday’s wearing my Lavar jersey!

Thank you...the image of you in a 56 jersey coming to blows with Poe in a mall food court is going to get me through the upcoming week.

2 hours ago, Skinsin2013 said:

This is similar to Wall jacking up 8 3 pointers a game. Drives me nuts when guys get away from their strengths. 

I like this guys point, Brooks’s rotations have been wacky so far this season. Also, instead of Russ shooting a lot of shots himself when’s he’s driving, he’s passing to his teammates more as he’s averaging almost 2 assists more a game this year than his highest previous assists in a season. 

He’s also averaging 3.5 less shots a game than he did last year and those shots are most likely coming from his shots which are from 3-feet and in as he’s passing more rather than shooting himself. Russ was brought here by Brooks/Shepherd in part to help develop the young players and be a leader for them in this offense; since that’s the case he’s being more of a team player than he had been in previous seasons.