Off-Topic: The Washington Wizards Thread

turtle28

52 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

What would they offer though?  I seriously doubt they throw in RJ Barrett.  Maybe Obi Toppin but is he really worth it?  I think several teams could make better offers than the Knicks.  

Knicks players aren't attractive. Their draft positioning is though. And me likey Mitchell Robinson. Obi too. 

3 minutes ago, Skinsin2013 said:

Knicks players aren't attractive. Their draft positioning is though. And me likey Mitchell Robinson. Obi too. 

They actually have a surprisingly decent record this year.  

http://www.tankathon.com/ 

Right now they wouldn't be in the lottery, but obviously that could change (doubtful they'd get worse if they add Beal though). 

They do have the Mavs pick which is borderline lottery right now.  Neither are projected to be a top 10 pick.  

• Like 1

Wizards beat Dame $, Wizards best Dame $!! This is what we expected when the season started but Westbrook’s injury, TBs injury & Covid derailed it. I’m glad they’re finding their groove and I hope it continues.

Beal: 37pts (2-8 from 3) 7 rebs, 3 asts, 2 stls

Westbrook: 27 pts (11-17) 11 rebs, 13 asts

Rui: 17pts, 7 rebs

Looez: 10 pts, 11 rebs

Edited by turtle28

Beal can go out west like Wall. If I was GM I wouldn’t trade him in the EC w/o it being for another young star. I like the idea of trading him to the Trailblazers or Warriors for some of their young talent and picks. Also, it’d be good for Beal as him landing in either spot will make them a contender.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Skinsin2013 said:

Russ is definitely finding his legs. And dare I say there is some semblance of defense being played, Russ included?

Meanwhile, in Houston, the writing is on the wall for Boogie.

I never understood some Wiz fans clamoring for Wall and Boogie... disaster.

Wall & Boggie was an improvement over what we had, that’s why. For a team that has never attracted top FAs except the quirky Arenas off a coin flip, it was one way to get two All-Stars on the Wizards years ago.

Boggie probably goes back to the Lakers, Clippers or to the Warriors I would guess. Each of them could use a reserve big. He can play like 20 mpg and give them a stretch 5.

Edited by turtle28

19 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Beal can go out west like Wall. If I was GM I wouldn’t trade him in the EC w/o it being for another young star. I like the idea of trading him to the Trailblazers or Warriors for some of their young talent and picks. Also, it’d be good for Beal as him landing in either spot will make them a contender.

Definitely has to be a young star involved. I don't get caught up on trading a guy within/outside of a division. Teams play stars night in and night out. I simply would want the best package.

I love what OKC is doing. 

Beal's stock couldn't be any higher than it is now. 

And, no, I don't see this happening. Ted has never been all-in on WINNING. Meaning, he's shown a propensity to value selling seats (star players) over winning. The only exception was trading an aging Jagr. That was the 03-04 fire sale that ended up netting the Caps' Ovechkin and, of course, an eventual Stanley Cup. 

2 hours ago, Skinsin2013 said:

Definitely has to be a young star involved. I don't get caught up on trading a guy within/outside of a division. Teams play stars night in and night out. I simply would want the best package.

I love what OKC is doing. 

Beal's stock couldn't be any higher than it is now. 

And, no, I don't see this happening. Ted has never been all-in on WINNING. Meaning, he's shown a propensity to value selling seats (star players) over winning. The only exception was trading an aging Jagr. That was the 03-04 fire sale that ended up netting the Caps' Ovechkin and, of course, an eventual Stanley Cup. 

What young star that might realistically be available would you want most?

7 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

What young star that might realistically be available would you want most?

Here is a deal from a recent article... I would do this. I think Mitchell Robinson is going to be a very good player. RJ Barrett has the potential to be a star. And yes please on all of those picks.

New York Knicks Receive: Bradley Beal

Washington Wizards Receive: RJ Barrett, Mitchell Robinson, Frank Ntilikina, 2021 1st Round Pick, 2021 1st Round Pick (via DAL), 2023 1st Round Pick

Immanuel Quickley is enticing too.

I really like John Collins in ATL too. 

Beyond that, admittedly, I haven't taken a deep dive into other trade scenarios.