Off-Topic: The Washington Wizards Thread

turtle28

Have to figure that their current 0.700 winning percentage over the past ten games won't continue. But if they could maintain a 0.600 percentage over the next 30 games, they would reach 0.500 ball!

Which in the East is good enough for a 4 seed.

And likely a second round exit.

In short, a truly Wizards-like season.

2 hours ago, Woz said:

Have to figure that their current 0.700 winning percentage over the past ten games won't continue. But if they could maintain a 0.600 percentage over the next 30 games, they would reach 0.500 ball!

Which in the East is good enough for a 4 seed.

And likely a second round exit.

In short, a truly Wizards-like season.

Yep, that’s the best we can hope for. I’ll be shocked if the Wizards are ever a true NBA finals contender.

Edited by turtle28

I don’t know, I feel like someone was saying that Rui should be starting over Bertans before the season started when others were saying Bertans should start. Also, not to discount Rui improving as an all round player, especially on defense & as a 3-pt shooter this year... not sure who that was though. 😂 

Edited by turtle28

Wizards win again! This is crazy!

128-112 Wizards!

Beal: 34pts, 8 rebs, 6 asts 

Westbrook: 19 pts, (only 7-19 from the field though, he’s lack of efficiency is frustrating) 14 rebs, 12 asts, 2 stls

Matthews: 18pts, (3-4 from 3) 9 rebs 

Wagner: 12 pts

Bertans: 19pts (5-11 from 3) 4 rebs

Len: 10 pts, 4 rebs, 4 blks 

Rui: Of course I hype him up before the  game & he has an off night w/ just 6 pts (0-3 from 3) 6 rebs

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Might be time to move TBJ for any value he has left for help that can contribute. 

Depends on what we can get back for him & if it’s a 3& D SF per say if that guy can really help us immediately. I don’t think we should just move him to move him. He’s not a malcontent, he’s actually been very professional despite that his coach doesn’t play him to allow him to develop bc we have veteran PGs. And the last few times he’s played meaningful minutes bc other player’s were out he’s played better on both sides of the ball. 

The Griz worked over the Wiz last night. Their game plan was to shut down Beal and Bertans, even denying them the ball as much as possible.

Russ was awful in the first half... 7-8 turnovers. And, boy, the Russ fan club is brutal... worse than Wall. I dare, any of you, to write something critical of Russ on the Wizards Twitter or FB page. The Russ fan club travels... my word!

Rui is becoming a flash player. Good game followed by a few duds. 

Deni is being wasted. Go stand in the corner... don't look to create.

Not sure why Mo was taken out so early last night. He was mixing it up. He got Valančiūnas into some early foul trouble. 

Go ahead and crush me, for writing this, after a nice win streak -> I'd still blow it up. It's not a team constructed to win a championship. I hate the two, volume guard system. It wasn't any different when Wall was here. Other players get complacent. Other players have a limited opportunity to develop. 

One more -> Beal is not a good 3 pt shooter. As a matter of fact, of the top 30 volume 3 pt shooters, he's second to last... or maybe even last at this point... in 3 pt FG %.

• Like 1

Interested teams/players I'm interested in IF the Wiz (smartly) traded Beal... and, yes, some of these packages would need to included additional picks.

ATL: 
John Collins
De'Andre Hunter

BOS: (Celts wouldn't trade Tatum)
Jaylen Brown
Robert Williams

CHO: (Hornets would never do this)
LaMelo Ball
P.J. Washington

CLE:
Jarrett Allen
Collin Sexton