Off-Topic: The Washington Wizards Thread

turtle28

12 minutes ago, Skinsin2013 said:

Remember those John Wall on/off stats a few years ago? 😆

Please don't attempt to justify a 13 game losing streak. 

You need to actually do some homework on what the Rockets have been playing with the last 13 games. They also have had a lot COVID issues, more than the Wizards if I remember correctly.

You also must have amnesia bc a few years ago Wall was playing injured on a bad heel and bad knees that I said he shouldn’t have even been trying to play on. So yeah, him playing injured then wasn’t helping the team then, he came back for the playoffs and the team played well and lost to the eventual NBA Champion Raptors in 6 games in the first round with Wall & Beal playing well.

You have selective memory.

Edited by turtle28

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

You need to actually do some homework on what the Rockets have been playing with the last 13 games. They also have had a lot COVID issues, more than the Wizards if I remember correctly.

You also must have amnesia bc a few years ago Wall was playing injured on a bad heel and bad knees that I said he shouldn’t have even been trying to play on. So yeah, him playing injured then wasn’t helping the team then, he came back for the playoffs and the team played well and lost to the eventual NBA Champion Raptors in 8 games in the first round with Wall & Beal playing well.

You have selective memory.

Did he show up to camp overweight with said bad knees and heal spurs? That's a rhetorical question BTW.

You realize his on/off, this year, is a -4.2?

His team shoots better when he's off the court.

The opposing team shoots better when he's on the court.

So glad he's gone. Not only are they losing game after game these days, they're losing them BADLY.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

But sure, he’s a bad guy... ok dude whatever 

He's not a bad dude. He's just wasn't the pro he should have been, didn't understand what is took to be a winner, and was disliked by one too many teammates.

On the bright side, he finally started to work his way into shape... it just took a major knee injury for him to realize being in tip top shape was a good thing. And he passed out a lot of turkeys; and made it rain, which economically helped a lot of nekked women (that's a good thing!).

1 minute ago, Skinsin2013 said:

He's not a bad dude. He's just wasn't the pro he should have been, didn't understand what is took to be a winner, and was disliked by one too many teammates.

On the bright side, he finally started to work his way into shape... it just took a major knee injury for him to realize being in tip top shape was a good thing. And he passed out a lot of turkeys; and made it rain, which economically helped a lot of nekked women (that's a good thing!).

John Wall was the winningest Wizards player since Wes Unseld. So you can say he wasn’t a winner but it just doesn’t pass the smell test.

Sure, he could’ve been in better shape a few years to start the season but you’re ignoring the fact that he had bad knees and that’s why he was out of shape. You’re looking at it the wrong way. You think that Wall being out of shape led to his bad knees & him needing surgery. It’s the opposite of that. Wall had miles of wear and tear on his knees and because he had those bad knees he couldn’t work out like wanted to. As I said back then they should’ve had him have the knee surgery during the season whenever that was 3 or 4 years ago and yes, it would’ve meant that season they wouldn’t have had the run they did in the playoffs but it would’ve been better fro Wall & the franchise long term. The wizards did the same thing in 2019 when they had Wall play with his heel issue, they should’ve sat him down and not had him play on it. Then, look what happened, he ended up tearing his achillies and missing the entire 2019-2020 season. I have to blame the Wizards doctors, trainers, coaches and FO for those mistakes, not John Wall.

What players didn’t like John Wall? I’m sure that list revolves around role players an aging Marcin Gortat who wanted the offense to continue to be the Wittman post offense he had run when we first traded for Gortat meanwhile, it was obvious the game had passed Gortat by and it was time for him to retire.

The beef between Wall & Beal was wildly exaggerated. They have always said they argued like brothers but truly loved each other and loved playing with one another. 

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

John Wall was the winningest Wizards player since Wes Unseld. So you can say he wasn’t a winner but it just doesn’t pass the smell test.

Sure, he could’ve been in better shape a few years to start the season but you’re ignoring the fact that he had bad knees and that’s why he was out of shape. You’re looking at it the wrong way. You think that Wall being out of shape led to his bad knees & him needing surgery. It’s the opposite of that. Wall had miles of wear and tear on his knees and because he had those bad knees he couldn’t work out like wanted to. As I said back then they should’ve had him have the knee surgery during the season whenever that was 3 or 4 years ago and yes, it would’ve meant that season they wouldn’t have had the run they did in the playoffs but it would’ve been better fro Wall & the franchise long term. The wizards did the same thing in 2019 when they had Wall play with his heel issue, they should’ve sat him down and not had him play on it. Then, look what happened, he ended up tearing his achillies and missing the entire 2019-2020 season. I have to blame the Wizards doctors, trainers, coaches and FO for those mistakes, not John Wall.

What players didn’t like John Wall? I’m sure that list revolves around role players an aging Marcin Gortat who wanted the offense to continue to be the Wittman post offense he had run when we first traded for Gortat meanwhile, it was obvious the game had passed Gortat by and it was time for him to retire.

The beef between Wall & Beal was wildly exaggerated. They have always said they argued like brothers but truly loved each other and loved playing with one another. 

Lipstick meet pig. 

And you're painting Wall's knees, heal and weight/working out in a chicken/egg scenario that fits your narrative... and really you'd have to have inside knowledge to understand yet you pretend like you know. We all saw the USA camp picture... he looked like he just smoked the world biggest bowl and came from the Chinese buffet. 

Wall even said he and Beal didn't like each other on the court... his own words. Then the Beal practice blow up. A players only meeting that only hurt the team as not every player was allowed to speak. 

Lots of turkeys distributed though.

22 minutes ago, Skinsin2013 said:

Lipstick meet pig. 

And you're painting Wall's knees, heal and weight/working out in a chicken/egg scenario that fits your narrative... and really you'd have to have inside knowledge to understand yet you pretend like you know. We all saw the USA camp picture... he looked like he just smoked the world biggest bowl and came from the Chinese buffet. 

Wall even said he and Beal didn't like each other on the court... his own words. Then the Beal practice blow up. A players only meeting that only hurt the team as not every player was allowed to speak. 

Lots of turkeys distributed though.

Yeah, injured knees and not being able to run much will do that to a player. If you’ve ever had a major knee injury, you’d know that.

I think a they certainly had disagreements, but I think to say there were constant issues on the team 4/5 years ago is exaggerated but you can think what you will. When they played together they were obviously good & nearly got to the Eastern Conference finals twice. Having disagreements happens all the time, they got over it and past it. Every team that has several alphas will have disagreements from time to time. The best teams ever always have.

Fact still remains that until Russ plays like an efficient veteran for this current team he won’t be the player that Wall was and could still be for this franchise. I have nothing against Westbrook, I’ve actually argued patience with him and this team all season with people who hate Westbrook on Twitter. The truth is that Wall is just a better all around player than Westbrook is at this point. The numbers bear that out, Wall is more efficient, healthier & in better shape despite coming off his torn achillies.

The only positive I see out of trading Wall is that it’s allowed Beal to be the guy that the offense runs through almost every possession that he’s on the floor as Russ has taken a bit of a backseat there. That being said, so far Beal has not proven to be the clutch player that Wall was when Wall was healthy for the Wizards. I love Beal, but we all know a lot of his improved production is volume. He also at times the last two seasons has really struggled to produce in the 4th quarter when he’s been the focal point of the offense. Again love Beal, but he has to do better in crunch time for this team the way Wall used to be if they’re going to be a playoff team the way Wall always had them.

I said it before, but Wall is shooting better in every category than Russ. Wall is 15% better than Russ from the FT line and 5% better from 3 (which is even a better % than Beal) so I fail to see how Russ has really made this huge difference for this team because he just hasn’t thus far.

Edited by turtle28

56 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

The truth is that Wall is just a better all around player than Westbrook is at this point. The numbers bear that out, Wall is more efficient, healthier & in better shape despite coming off his torn achillies.

Remind me again which team got the 1st round pick.

Remind me again which team is winning.

Remind me again which team is losing... A LOT.

Since you brought up on/off stats, whose on/off is better this year?

Edited by Skinsin2013

20 hours ago, Skinsin2013 said:

Remind me again which team got the 1st round pick.

Remind me again which team is winning.

Remind me again which team is losing... A LOT.

Since you brought up on/off stats, whose on/off is better this year?

So, the Wizards made a bad trade again by stupidly throwing in a 1st round pick and that’s supposed to mean that Westbrook is playing better than Wall?

All the trade shows once again is this franchise’s incompetence in building a better than average team. The trade was a bad one for the franchise. Wall is better than Westbrook & he’s two years younger.

As far as the Rockets record lately, you’re ignoring the reasons for that, it has nothing to do with Wall. Christian Wood hasn’t played in over a month, Eric Gordon has been dealing with COVID for weeks & Olidipo missed time too bc of an injury. And heck, even Daniel House missed time who when everyone is healthy is their 5th or 6th best player. Like you point to the Wizards COVID problem when he they dealt with in early January, but the Rockets have a had a revolving COVID problem all year. 

One player can only do so much for any team. I’m comparing Wall & Westbrook, that’s the comparison. I don’t care what the other pieces are doing, it’s a Wall vs Westbrook thing and who’s playing better basketball and Wall is playing better than Westbrook.

The fact that you won’t acknowledge that and keep going back to “team records” just validates the truth that you don’t want to have a discussion about the two players, just other things. 

The Rockets were missing 3 of their top 4 scorers for a lot of the past month. 

If Russell Westbrook was still on the Rockets and their line up was:

PG: Westbrook

SG: Nwaba

SF:Tate

PF: House

C : Tucker

Do you think they’d be winning games?

I mean come on dude. This is just the truth.

What’s on/off? If it’s what’s the records of the teams w/o those guys, the Wizards have a winning record when Westbrook doesn’t play, I know that much.

And I’m not trying to bash Westbrook here, I’m not a Westbrook hater like a lot of idiots on Twitter but, I do think that Wall is a better all around player than Westbrook and Wall is more efficient on the court in every category. 

Another example of this is multiple teams want to trade for Wall & are willing to do similar trades that they’d do for Beal like the Heat for example while I don’t think anyone in the league would trade for Westbrook. The Wizards traded Wall’s bad contract for a player who’s been worse for them on the same contract, it’s so Wizards and I was afraid this would happen when I first heard rumors about the trade.

The Wall trade isn’t as bad as the Rasheed Wallace for Strickland trade or the Webber for Richmond trade but so far it’s been in the same orbit.

19 hours ago, turtle28 said:

If Russell Westbrook was still on the Rockets and their line up was:

PG: Westbrook

SG: Nwaba

SF:Tate

PF: House

C : Tucker

Do you think they’d be winning games?

Rhetorical question, but no, they would not be. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, turtle28 said:

@Skinsin2013 

I wouldn’t mind him being brought back right now on a cheap MLE.

If Otto is healthy, he's a good all-around player. If... 

And I would love to see him land in GS. 

I don't know if I've mentioned this before... but I'm a big sports card collecting nerd. I have a lot of Otto RCs. So go to GS so those bad boys take off!  😁

11 minutes ago, Skinsin2013 said:

If Otto is healthy, he's a good all-around player. If... 

And I would love to see him land in GS. 

I don't know if I've mentioned this before... but I'm a big sports card collecting nerd. I have a lot of Otto RCs. So go to GS so those bad boys take off!  😁

Otto to Jazz makes the most sense to me.  They are #1 in the league but have no one to guard wings.  

• Like 1