Off-Topic: The Washington Wizards Thread

turtle28

Well Beal had a dud last night and predictably the Wizards lost their 2nd gave to the Grizzlies. I hate watching teams like the Grizzlies bc I see a young athletic team - something I wish we were and something we could be. Especially a guy like Dillon Brooks who I loved as a prospect, he fell to the 2nd round and we still didn’t draft him. I wish we had a guy like him or still had Oubre as our starting SF.

Beal: 21 pts (6-22, 1-8 from 3, 8-8 FTs), 3 rebs, 5 asts, 3 stls, 1 blk

Westbrook: 20 pts (10-19, 0-3 from 3, 0-1 FTs), 5 rebs, 10 asts, 3 stls. I still don’t understand why Westbrook can’t shoot FTs but it’s a major problem.

Hachimura: 11 pts (3-10, 1-3, 4-4 FTs), 6 rebs

Matthews: 6 pts (2-3 from 3, 3-3 FTs), 2 rbs, 1 blk 

Wagner: 9 pts (2-9, 0-4 from 3) 4 rebs, 1 stl, 1 blk & also fouled out

Bertans: 13 pts, (5-10, 3-7 from 3), 2 rebs, 1 stl

Avdija: 13 pts (5-8, 3-5 from 3), 6 rebs, 1 ast, 1 stl

I really wish Brooks would play Matthews more minutes with the 2nd team as he does with Avdija at times and play less 2 PG sets.  Matthews is an efficient player, he just doesn’t get enough playing time. I’d rather see him get over 20 minutes a game then to see Neto get 24 minutes. And they also have Valanicunis a dominant versatile big who can do it all which we lack. I like Wagner, but it’s obvious we really miss Bryant.

Edited by turtle28

I keep harping on this. But Rui doesn't even strike me as a 3 right now. He's maybe a 4 or a 5 (in terms of how good he can be). He simply plays soft. Deni plays stronger than Rui.

Agree on Memphis. Their game plan was to shut down Beal, even denying him the ball. It was either Memphis, or another team, that recently did that and had great results.

Memphis killed the Wiz in, or just beyond, the paint last night. They'd pass up 3s dribble in and pop. That's easy to do over Lopez.

I really like Mo. He plays TOUGH. Against big men, like ValaNotLookingUpHisSpellingSchoonis, he's simply overmatched. 

4 hours ago, Skinsin2013 said:

I keep harping on this. But Rui doesn't even strike me as a 3 right now. He's maybe a 4 or a 5 (in terms of how good he can be). He simply plays soft. Deni plays stronger than Rui.

Agree on Memphis. Their game plan was to shut down Beal, even denying him the ball. It was either Memphis, or another team, that recently did that and had great results.

Memphis killed the Wiz in, or just beyond, the paint last night. They'd pass up 3s dribble in and pop. That's easy to do over Lopez.

I really like Mo. He plays TOUGH. Against big men, like ValaNotLookingUpHisSpellingSchoonis, he's simply overmatched. 

I love Deni, he’s just not consistent enough with his outside shot of course that’s the same with Rui. I do think Rui would play better if he was matched up vs guys his own size more often rather than having to go against bigger guys at PF. You’re definitely right he’s not playing tough right now and that’s why I think he’d be better off playing at the 3, but if they did that they’d have a major hole at PF. It’s not going to happen just thought before the season they should’ve done that while moving Bryant to PF & signing a tough defensive minded/athletic C who can excel on pick and rolls.

• Like 1

A game after not pulling a single rebound, with Beal and Bertans out, Rui has 19 pts and 4 boards in the first half. 

If you want a guy to be a third, he's gotta get consistent shots.

Wiz still not guarding the perimeter well. Bucks players with WIDE OPEN 3 pt looks.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Skinsin2013 said:

A game after not pulling a single rebound, with Beal and Bertans out, Rui has 19 pts and 4 boards in the first half. 

If you want a guy to be a third, he's gotta get consistent shots.

Wiz still not guarding the perimeter well. Bucks players with WIDE OPEN 3 pt looks.

Westbrook playing better tonight too. With Beal out “everybody eats?”... 😂 

• Like 1

Rui is on fire tonight! 27 pts, (10-13 from 3, 3-3 from 3) 4 rebs, 1 ast, 1stl, 1 blk

Can’t have Avdija & Matthews combine for 1-9 from 3. I love how aggressive Len is being & Russ feeding him! 

Apparently the Wizards should’ve re-signed Bobby Portis this off-season instead of Lopez.

Portis’s stats this year: 11 pts, 7 rebs & 49% from 3.

Edited by turtle28