Off-Topic: The Washington Wizards Thread

turtle28

4 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

The problem is his contract is so large its hard to find a trade partner.

Best hope for Washington is that he declines his option next offseason. (EDIT: that would make him a free agent for the 2022-23 year, not 2021-22 just to be clear)

Edited by Woz
  • Like 1

https://sports.yahoo.com/hoopla-with-haynes-javale-mcgee-getting-interest-from-nets-lakers-watching-hassan-whiteside-172950468.html

John Wall

The Houston Rockets’ five-time All-Star is likely to have his left knee scoped at some point this season, league sources told Yahoo Sports.
Wall suffered a knee contusion in practice last week. He’s expected to return to play soon, sources said, but addressing his knee down the road is expected.
It’s a knee Wall has had surgery on in the past.

LOL. Those stats are extremely selective. Missing your best center kinda hurts. COVID and an injured Russ hurts. None of that mentioned. And you may as well say their records are almost identical (it doesn't).

Houston has lost 17 straight.

🙃

Yes to trading Lopez. I have a few others I'd trade as well. Tank. Get another low pick and pray it's lower than their standard 7, 8, or 9. Fire Brooks.

50 minutes ago, Skinsin2013 said:

LOL. Those stats are extremely selective. Missing your best center kinda hurts. COVID and an injured Russ hurts. None of that mentioned. And you may as well say their records are almost identical (it doesn't).

Houston has lost 17 straight.

🙃

Yes to trading Lopez. I have a few others I'd trade as well. Tank. Get another low pick and pray it's lower than their standard 7, 8, or 9. Fire Brooks.

You can keep bringing up Houston if you want, but it's irrelevant to any point about how the Wizards are still a crappy team, and most of us knew that before or after a Wall trade and Russ>Wall wasn't changing that. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

You can keep bringing up Houston if you want, but it's irrelevant to any point about how the Wizards are still a crappy team, and most of us knew that before or after a Wall trade and Russ>Wall wasn't changing that. 

That's Turtle and I having some fun with each other. 

That said, I do think it's relevant to talk about how swapping two supermax players (never been done before) impacts their respective teams. 

There's seems to be this unwritten rule that we're not supposed to discuss players no longer on a DC area team or revisit statements we've made in the past. I think that's nonsense. This is sports talk. We make armchair, sometimes data-driven proclamations and then we see if they eventually hold true or are wrong. Sometimes we agree... sometimes we don't. 

And of course the Wiz are still crappy. No one implied otherwise. 

Just now, Skinsin2013 said:

That's Turtle and I having some fun with each other. 

That said, I do think it's relevant to talk about how swapping two supermax players (never been done before) impacts their respective teams. 

There's seems to be this unwritten rule that we're not supposed to discuss players no longer on a DC area team or revisit statements we've made in the past. I think that's nonsense. This is sports talk. We make armchair, sometimes data-driven proclamations and then we see if they eventually hold true or are wrong. Sometimes we agree... sometimes we don't. 

And of course the Wiz are still crappy. No one implied otherwise. 

We went through this though. If you put Russell back on the Rockets with their current team, that they'd be better than 11-27? If they are, it sure isn't by much. 

You think the Wizards are much worse than 14-24 with Wall? If they are, it sure isn't by much. This team is exactly who I and others thought they were, despite a decent middle run. The idea that some thought they'd have a winning record was ludicrous. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

We went through this though. If you put Russell back on the Rockets with their current team, that they'd be better than 11-27? If they are, it sure isn't by much. 

You think the Wizards are much worse than 14-24 with Wall? If they are, it sure isn't by much. This team is exactly who I and others thought they were, despite a decent middle run. The idea that some thought they'd have a winning record was ludicrous. 

I definitely concur with that. Like I said, Turtle and I are just having some fun with each other.

Both teams still really suck. 😃

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Skinsin2013 said:

I definitely concur with that. Like I said, Turtle and I are just having some fun with each other.

Both teams still really suck. 😃

Crazy enough, the Wizards suck right now but they have more young potential on their roster than the Rockets. The Wiz have some young talent to develop that has good potential like Avdija, Bryan & Rui along with role players like Matthews, Len & Wagner. 

The Wiz just need a new coach with a plan to run an offense so these guys develop instead of running so much iso ball with Beal & Russ. Our young guys are capable, they just need more touches in the flow of the offense.

• Like 1