Off-Topic: The Washington Wizards Thread

turtle28

22 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Two trades suggested by ESPN (out of 6 total proposals, you never see the Wizards get that much attention!)

Trade One

Wizards Get: Andrew Wiggins + #2 pick

Rockets Get: James Wiseman + #7 pick + #14 pick

Warriors Get: Bradley Beal, Avery Bradley

Trade Two

Wizards Get: Ben Simmons + George Hill

Sixers Get: Russell Westbrook + #15 pick

I’d do the Warriors trade, although I’d like to have their #7 pick & Wiggins from them. Don’t get me wrong, #2 is a great pick from the Rockets & it’ll probably net us Mobley & then Wiggins gets us a good starting SF but I’d still want a bit more. If they throw in Poole also, I’d do it instead of the #7 pick, but if we get 2 & 7 we can get Mobley & then Bouknight to replace Beal as our SG.

I don’t think the Sixers would want Russ’s contract. I’d do that trade & have Rui, Simmons & Bryant/Gafford/Mobley as our starting front line w/ Wiggins at SG but I doubt the Sixers would want to trade for Russ’s contract.

@MikeT14@e16bball Honestly, I was just looking at the draft and if we can’t get Corey Kispert or Franz Wagner at 15 in the draft, I think we should take Johnny Juzang from UCLA.

Juzang is projected to go in the 20s, but he’s honestly just what we need at SF. He’s long to play D, he’s a good 3pt shooter & has a better offensive game than Otto Porter even had and we took Porter 3rd.

I’d take him if the other 2 are gone & he could step right in day 1 and be our starting SF if Avdija hasn’t made a big step forward as a 3pt shooter.

Should the Wizards bring back Bobby Portis on a deal like they gave Robin Lopez? I would’ve much rather had Portis as a stretch 5 this year off the bench than Lopez.

Never mind, he has a 2year contract/ 2nd year option for the Bucks to keep him at $3.8 million which is a no brainer for them! Of course they’ll keep him as their 3rd big.

Another thought, should the Wizards bring back Jabari Parker on the bi-annual exception to be either their starting SF if Avdija doesn’t take a major step forward or as their 4th forward off the bench after Avdija, Rui & Bertans?

🤦‍♂️ Parker is on a 2 year deal too! Damn! I wish Tommy had signed both of them to come off our bench, heck Parker or Portis could’ve started for us at PF this year and we could’ve played Rui at SF, that would’ve made our team better IMO.

Edited by turtle28

56 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I bet Otto Porter is back next year. 

I’m not opposed to signing him on a prove it deal. My problem with Porter became his contract vs his contributions to the team, and unlike Wall, Porter wasn’t much better than average, Wall couldn’t contribute to the team because he wasn’t healthy.

On 7/2/2021 at 4:51 AM, turtle28 said:

@MikeT14@e16bball Honestly, I was just looking at the draft and if we can’t get Corey Kispert or Franz Wagner at 15 in the draft, I think we should take Johnny Juzang from UCLA.

Juzang is projected to go in the 20s, but he’s honestly just what we need at SF. He’s long to play D, he’s a good 3pt shooter & has a better offensive game than Otto Porter even had and we took Porter 3rd.

I’d take him if the other 2 are gone & he could step right in day 1 and be our starting SF if Avdija hasn’t made a big step forward as a 3pt shooter.

It won’t be quite as disappointing as the night Michael Porter went one pick ahead of us, but it would be a shame if we miss out on Bouknight, Moody, and Kispert at 15. 

Bouknight would be a bit of a luxury pick, predicated on the idea that Beal eventually will be gone, but that kid is a scorer. Moody to me is the quintessential 3-and-D wing, something like a Mikal Bridges type, except with a much more battle-hardened offensive game perhaps. Kispert is just a pure shooter, but you need those. 

Everyone raves about Franz Wagner’s defense. I didn’t see it when I watched him, although admittedly that was only 6-8 games (and several of them were against UMD, so I wasn’t exactly watching to scout players). If that’s the case, I guess he adds a dimension that you don’t get with Deni or Rui, and it wouldn’t be a bad addition. I’ve always been very underwhelmed with his offensive game — but if he could be an elite multi-position team defender and straighten out that recently wayward jumper, he’d be a valuable player as well.

41 minutes ago, e16bball said:

It won’t be quite as disappointing as the night Michael Porter went one pick ahead of us, but it would be a shame if we miss out on Bouknight, Moody, and Kispert at 15. 

Bouknight would be a bit of a luxury pick, predicated on the idea that Beal eventually will be gone, but that kid is a scorer. Moody to me is the quintessential 3-and-D wing, something like a Mikal Bridges type, except with a much more battle-hardened offensive game perhaps. Kispert is just a pure shooter, but you need those. 

Everyone raves about Franz Wagner’s defense. I didn’t see it when I watched him, although admittedly that was only 6-8 games (and several of them were against UMD, so I wasn’t exactly watching to scout players). If that’s the case, I guess he adds a dimension that you don’t get with Deni or Rui, and it wouldn’t be a bad addition. I’ve always been very underwhelmed with his offensive game — but if he could be an elite multi-position team defender and straighten out that recently wayward jumper, he’d be a valuable player as well.

No love for Johnny Juzang? That guy led the Bruins to the National Championship game w/ clearly less talent than Gonzaga & other teams.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

No love for Johnny Juzang? That guy led the Bruins to the National Championship game w/ clearly less talent than Gonzaga & other teams.

Incredible run, but I don’t think he’s much of an NBA athlete — and he would be yet another guy who does his best work in the mid-range, which is among the last things they need. They’re desperate for 3s and defense on the wing, and his game doesn’t fit that too squarely. 

A lot of people are showing him as a 2nd round prospect, which leads me to another point — I’d really like to see them try to buy up a 2nd rounder. I think every fan always feels that way, but they really could afford to add young depth at pretty much every position, and you never know when one of these picks could turn into something valuable during a rebuild. They should be getting a jump on the rebuild process now, with the very realistic expectation that a full-scale tank will be starting in earnest in a year or two. There are a ton of wing types like Juzang or Quentin Grimes or Josh Primo or BJ Boston or Isaiah Livers or even Aaron Wiggins who could be out there in the mid-2nd and could develop into an asset. 

Edited by e16bball

14 hours ago, e16bball said:

Incredible run, but I don’t think he’s much of an NBA athlete — and he would be yet another guy who does his best work in the mid-range, which is among the last things they need. They’re desperate for 3s and defense on the wing, and his game doesn’t fit that too squarely. 

A lot of people are showing him as a 2nd round prospect, which leads me to another point — I’d really like to see them try to buy up a 2nd rounder. I think every fan always feels that way, but they really could afford to add young depth at pretty much every position, and you never know when one of these picks could turn into something valuable during a rebuild. They should be getting a jump on the rebuild process now, with the very realistic expectation that a full-scale tank will be starting in earnest in a year or two.

Juzang & Moody shoot the same 3-pt% & obviously Juzang proved he was the better offensive prospect during the tournament.

Now Moody is the better athlete & defender so I do see your point there. If Moody can become a good 3-pt shooter he’ll be the better all around pro & definitely the 3 & D wing that we need!

Edited by turtle28

3 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I'd love Bones, but probably not at 15. 

That’s what I was thinking, but I also wouldn’t hate it either. If we could somehow make a trade & get a 2nd or buy a 2nd round pick, I’d love to take him there.