Off-Topic: The Washington Wizards Thread

turtle28

10 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I'd love Bones, but probably not at 15. 

https://richmond.com/sports/college/big-week-in-chicago-by-vcus-bones-hyland-boosts-his-buzz-as-nba-draft-approaches/article_cdb70c77-4a9b-5778-bb98-a2133498a0a3.html 

“I think he was one of the biggest risers, if not the biggest riser, at the draft combine,” Walton said. “I think he certainly helped himself a ton. I think he reaffirmed what I already know and what anyone who’s been around him already knows — that he’s a first-round pick. And I think he should ... be a top 20 guy at the end of this.”

Edited by MKnight82

5 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

https://richmond.com/sports/college/big-week-in-chicago-by-vcus-bones-hyland-boosts-his-buzz-as-nba-draft-approaches/article_cdb70c77-4a9b-5778-bb98-a2133498a0a3.html 

“I think he was one of the biggest risers, if not the biggest riser, at the draft combine,” Walton said. “I think he certainly helped himself a ton. I think he reaffirmed what I already know and what anyone who’s been around him already knows — that he’s a first-round pick. And I think he should ... be a top 20 guy at the end of this.”

Welllll as long as his agent thinks he’s a top 20 guy, I guess he’d be excellent value at 15...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

I think he's a first round pick too, but the key is the last part. The guy thinks he SHOULD be. And maybe he is. But I'm not buying it from the other stuff I've read.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Oh come on.  Google him, his stock is up big time after the combine.

I like him. I read several articles last offseason about him being the breakout star in the country and a sleeper lottery pick, etc. That was largely based on crazy outside shooting, which regressed a little last year, but he’s still an excellent scorer. And I think he’ll be that at the NBA level, although unless he’s Trae Young, undersized guard scorers who can’t really defend SGs tend to be bench players on good teams. 

I just thought it was funny to see his agent’s comments as the barometer for where his stock is currently 🤷🏻‍♂️

1 hour ago, e16bball said:

That’s pretty cool of them to go to bat for the dude like that. You don’t often see execs being quite so blunt as “hopefully we lose him this offseason.”

Ikr, I was shocked by that line! I really want Unseld, Jr to be our next HC although I do have to say I’m also rooting for Charles Lee who went to my HS and I didn’t even realize it till yesterday! 😱

https://www.nba.com/news/2021-consensus-mock-draft

1. Cade Cunningham | Pistons

Oklahoma State | Position: G | Height: 6-8

Most Common: 1 (12)

Athletic scorer who can shoot or use his size to overpower smaller guards; should contribute immediately and eventually become a franchise-changing star

2. Evan Mobley | Rockets

USC | Position: C | Height: 7-0

Most Common: 2 (7)

Skilled big man has the size combined with athleticism to potentially become a dominant force on both ends of the floor.

3. Jalen Green | Cavaliers

G League Ignite | Position: G | Height: 6-5

Most Common: 3 (7)

Fluid scorer who can get buckets in many ways; highlight reel waiting to happen thanks to his athleticism and willingness to attack the rim

4. Jalen Suggs | Raptors

Gonzaga | Position: G | Height: 6-4

Most Common: 4 (11)

Smart, poised athletic guard who is ready to contribute right away thanks to decisive playmaking and willingness to defend on other end. 

5. Jonathan Kuminga | Magic

G League Ignite | Position: F | Height: 6-9

Most Common: 5 (10)

A high-upside wing, whose scoring potential will be limited only by his shooting touch and decision-making

6. Scottie Barnes | Thunder

Florida State | Position: F | Height: 6-9

Most Common: 6 (10)

A playmaker at FSU wielding incredible length (7-foot-2 wingspan); defense should come quickly — how soon the shot follows determines the ceiling

7. Davion Mitchell | Warriors

Baylor | Position: G | Height: 6-2

Most Common: 7 (6)

Steady hand guided Baylor to the NCAA title; displays solid shot-making, playmaking and on-ball defense, which should provide a high floor from whenever he first hits NBA hardwood

8. James Bouknight | Magic (via Bulls)

UConn | Position: G | Height: 6-5

Most Common: 7 (4)

Scoring guard who can simply figure out ways to get buckets when needed; streaky shooter who can help offset the misses by cleaning up on the boards

9. Keon Johnson | Kings

Tennessee | Position: G/F | Height: 6-5

Most Common: 9 (4)

Rugged, aggressive defender should be able to push the pace on both ends, earning minutes with floor burns and fast breaks until the playmaking catches up

10. Franz Wagner | Pelicans

Michigan | Position: F | Height: 6-9

Most Common: 8, 9, 11 (2)

Stretch 4 set to stretch the floor if he can extend range consistently beyond the arc; can slot within multiple offenses alongside strong creators

11. Josh Giddey | Hornets

Adelaide 36ers (Australia) | Position: G | Height: 6-8

Most Common: 13 (3)

Big guard who can dish and defend, likely providing efficient minutes from the jump; scoring punch will determine how versatile the lineups can get

12. Moses Moody | Spurs

Arkansas | Position: G | Height: 6-8

Most Common: 12 (2)

Helped lead Arkansas into the Elite 8; strong standstill shooter and high-volume rebounder for a two-guard 

13. Jalen Johnson | Pacers

Duke | Position: F | Height: 6-9

Most Common: 9, 10, 13 (2)

Multifaceted, athletic wing with all-around game that should translate well to NBA; Has explosiveness and leaping ability, can also shoot well from the outside

14. Alperen Sengun | Warriors

Besiktas International (Turkey) | Position: C | Height: 6-10

Most Common: 12 (3)

Big man is known for his physical play and ability to get open around the basket; Will turn 19 days after the 2021 draft, so some seasoning to his game will be required 

Other prospects to watch:

Corey Kispert

Gonzaga | Position: G/F | Height: 6-7

Possibly the best shooter in the draft, connected on 44% of 6.5 attempts from 3-point range (52.9% overall); should offer floor spacing from the first time he cracks a rotation”

This is would be the perfect Mock for us, Kispert is the best shooter in the draft in most people’s opinions. He’s probably a day one starter at SF over Avdija bc of his shooting which allows Avdija to be a focal point on the 2nd unit as a point forward which is natural position.

Edited by turtle28

Saw it suggested that the Rockets might consider trading picks 23 and 24 to move up into the teens for a higher-end prospect. 

If the draft falls a certain way, by which I mean most of the top wings getting grabbed up in the lottery, I would jump on that opportunity. 

You could add two legit perimeter players with those picks, guys who could play significant bench minutes now but potentially develop into more. A guy who intrigues me is Trey Murphy from UVA, who absolutely shot the cover off the ball (50/43/93) for the Hoos last season. Has great size, could he be a Duncan Robinson type? Is he athletic enough to do what Kevin Huerter has for the Hawks as a versatile shooter/defender? 

But you’ve got a ton of options to add wing shooting and scoring that could be there in the early 20s. Chris Duarte, Tre Mann, Bones Hyland, Jaden Springer, Cam Thomas. Maybe the unrefined lump of clay known as Ziaire Williams is still there. Options to get better on the wing in the short-term and long-term. 

3 hours ago, e16bball said:

Saw it suggested that the Rockets might consider trading picks 23 and 24 to move up into the teens for a higher-end prospect. 

If the draft falls a certain way, by which I mean most of the top wings getting grabbed up in the lottery, I would jump on that opportunity. 

You could add two legit perimeter players with those picks, guys who could play significant bench minutes now but potentially develop into more. A guy who intrigues me is Trey Murphy from UVA, who absolutely shot the cover off the ball (50/43/93) for the Hoos last season. Has great size, could he be a Duncan Robinson type? Is he athletic enough to do what Kevin Huerter has for the Hawks as a versatile shooter/defender? 

But you’ve got a ton of options to add wing shooting and scoring that could be there in the early 20s. Chris Duarte, Tre Mann, Bones Hyland, Jaden Springer, Cam Thomas. Maybe the unrefined lump of clay known as Ziaire Williams is still there. Options to get better on the wing in the short-term and long-term. 

If we did that, I'd be all over Bones and Murphy. JT Thor?