Off-Topic: The Washington Wizards Thread

turtle28

46 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

Idk do you really want schroeder though? I mean it would be a sign and trade and he wants to get paid like a star...  idk man

He’s definitely not ideal but sign him to a 3 year deal and he’d be tradeable after a year imo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

He’s definitely not ideal but sign him to a 3 year deal and he’d be tradeable after a year imo.

Idk I just don’t like the players in return, I would turn to a team like the Knicks if we did trade him. LA gave up so much for AD that they really don’t have assets to trade. I’m also not a Kuzma fan. Westbrook raised his stock this season as well.

im more inclined to keeping him and Beal for this next season. I would look to trade Thomas Bryant, Davis Bertans, and a 2nd for miles turner. I believe that deal would actually net us about 4 or 5 mill in cap space as well. Turners defense would be a huge addition and would get rid of the bad Bertans deal for us

go into the season with

Westbrook, beak, Hachimura, Gafford, and turner as your starting 5 and still have some  cap room to either resign players or go out and sign a couple FAs, if they don’t go in the luxury you would get the full mid level exception also, as well as our 1st round pick as well

12 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

Idk I just don’t like the players in return, I would turn to a team like the Knicks if we did trade him. LA gave up so much for AD that they really don’t have assets to trade. I’m also not a Kuzma fan. Westbrook raised his stock this season as well.

Ya but his contract is still so bad he's hard to trade. I understand why you might not like Kuzma but he has a very tradeable contract that the team could flip for assets.  

12 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

im more inclined to keeping him and Beal for this next season. I would look to trade Thomas Bryant, Davis Bertans, and a 2nd for miles turner. I believe that deal would actually net us about 4 or 5 mill in cap space as well. Turners defense would be a huge addition and would get rid of the bad Bertans deal for us

Why would the Pacers do that trade?  I would imagine Bertans has negative trade value.  

• Like 1

Just bring in a 3rd team that would want Schröder. Spin him over to them for a mid-late 1st round pick and/or a young talent. NYK at 19 or 21 would make almost too much sense.

Being able to parlay Westbrook’s strong second half into a way to get him off the roster/payroll is just about the best thing you could do this offseason. All he’s doing is winning regular season games for you by being the hardest playing SOB on the court (admittedly an awesome thing to be) but offering no upside to win when it counts, when everyone else is playing just as hard. And for that, you’re paying him $91M over the next two seasons? Thanks, but no thanks. I would trade him for literally nothing in return if it was possible. Getting actual assets back would be the coup of all coups.

And once you’ve done that, you can feel comfortable making a Beal trade, because you’ve given up on winning. At which point you can get started on the (ugly) process of working toward actually winning.

They won’t do any of that, they’ll once again try to find a way to add more “now” pieces to the existing roster, but I think that’s an exercise in futility, personally. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Ya but his contract is still so bad he's hard to trade. I understand why you might not like Kuzma but he has a very tradeable contract that the team could flip for assets.  

Why would the Pacers do that trade?  I would imagine Bertans has negative trade value.  

Exactly. Getting out from paying Westbrook $44 million this year and $47 million next year and building around Beal with this young team is key. That frees up a lot of cap space.

22 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Exactly. Getting out from paying Westbrook $44 million this year and $47 million next year and building around Beal with this young team is key. That frees up a lot of cap space.

Bertans is definitely a negative trade value. He’s making about twice as much as he should. Yes, he’s a bench player & sharp shooter but he gives us nothing else. He’s not even as good as like a Kyle Krover type who was a better defender & all around player who I don’t think never made over $10 million in his career.

I would keep Denis Schroeder. When he was in OKC with Chris Paul he scored 19 ppg with 4 rebs & 4 asts. Presumably on our team those numbers could go up just because of volume. He’s also a good defender. 

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

You aren’t building around a 28-year old. If you trade Westbrook Beal should go next. I saw one where Golden State was interested and the expected return would be pick 7 and 14 plus Wiseman and Wiggins. I would do that so fast lol

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

You aren’t building around a 28-year old. If you trade Westbrook Beal should go next. I saw one where Golden State was interested and the expected return would be pick 7 and 14 plus Wiseman and Wiggins. I would do that so fast lol

You’re probably right. I’m still not sure they trade Beal unless he demands a trade though.

Yeah, I was just reading about the Warriors stars wanting to add someone and if Beal comes available he’d be at the top of their wishlist.

https://theathletic.com/2723446/2021/07/22/sources-bradley-beal-tops-warriors-wishlist-should-he-want-out-of-washington/?source=freedailyemail

“Some on the Golden State Warriors are watching closely the next move of Washington Wizards guard Bradley Beal. Should he become available, he’s at the top of the offseason wishlist.

The Warriors’ trio of stars — Stephen Curry, Draymond Green and Klay Thompson — have made it clear to management they want the franchise to focus on the pursuit of a championship, even to consider using their two lottery picks to get someone who can help immediately, sources confirmed.”

As you said, if we could get #7, #14 plus Wiggins and Weisman that would be a heck of a haul plus we’d have whatever we’d get back for trading away Westbrook - Kuzma, Horton-Tucker, Schroder, #22 and a ton of cap space.

Adding Kuzma, Schroeder, Talen Horton-Tucker, Wiggins, Weisman plus the 7th, 14th and 22nd picks is a good place to start with rebuilding I think. 

In the draft take some combination of:

#7 Scottie Barnes, Jonathan Kuminga or Davion Mitchell

#14 Kispert, Franz Wagner, Moses Moody

#15 Ayo Dosunmu, Cameron Thomas, Jaden Springer or Jeremiah Robinson-Earl

or, take both Kispert/Wagner & Moody?

#22 Chris Duarte, Kai Jones or Jared Butler

It’d be weird to see our team so young and with mostly developing players but, it would be exciting to see us rebuilding again on the flip side.

We’d end with one of the top picks in the 2022 draft which should only help the rebuild.
Edited by turtle28