Off-Topic: The Washington Wizards Thread

turtle28

46 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind. 

It’s just not going to work out here with Bradley. The timetable just doesn’t work out. By the time the rest of the roster could be in a position to contend, he will be even more expensive and likely starting into some degree of athletic decline. 

The organization clearly seems comfortable denying that reality, so it’s always felt like Bradley needed to be the one to hit the red button. If he’s doing that, he’s helping them much more than they probably even realize. 

Do Beal to the Warriors for the best version of the #7 / #14 / Wiggins / Wiseman package you can get out of them. Do Westbrook to the Lakers. Swing Wiggins and Schröder to third teams. Tank like you mean it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, e16bball said:

Sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind. 

It’s just not going to work out here with Bradley. The timetable just doesn’t work out. By the time the rest of the roster could be in a position to contend, he will be even more expensive and likely starting into some degree of athletic decline. 

The organization clearly seems comfortable denying that reality, so it’s always felt like Bradley needed to be the one to hit the red button. If he’s doing that, he’s helping them much more than they probably even realize. 

Do Beal to the Warriors for the best version of the #7 / #14 / Wiggins / Wiseman package you can get out of them. Do Westbrook to the Lakers. Swing Wiggins and Schröder to third teams. Tank like you mean it.

Yeah, if they’re going to tank, do it right for once!

Edited by turtle28

11 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Also, Unseld Jr was becoming sought after. There’s no way he would’ve taken this job if Beal and Westbrook were going to be moved. It’s basically career suicide in his first gig. 

Sometimes these opportunities come and go though. 1 of 30 jobs in the world. Not everyone can truly be picky. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Sometimes these opportunities come and go though. 1 of 30 jobs in the world. Not everyone can truly be picky. 

Totally understandable. I just don’t think he would’ve taken this job before speaking to Beal or Westbrook. I’m on the side of trading them both away and building around the nucleus of Rui, Deni and Gafford. It’s not a great nucleus but it’s a start, especially if you add Wiseman and Picks 7/14 to the mix. I just don’t see it going that way and I see Beal and Westbrook signing extensions which would be very disappointing. 

Seems really unlikely that they move on a Beal deal at this point, which seems a little foolish — not too often that a total “win now” team like GS has this kind of young talent surplus to deal from, feels like a mistake not to jump in on that. 

That said, keep seeing that the former Wahoo Trey Murphy is really climbing up the boards. Watching him, I get kind of a Cameron Johnson vibe — tall, really thin, jump shot is smooth as butter, bit of a surprising athlete. Could see them looking in his direction, he would make some sense as a deep-shooting wing and perhaps small-ball 4. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Seems really unlikely that they move on a Beal deal at this point, which seems a little foolish — not too often that a total “win now” team like GS has this kind of young talent surplus to deal from, feels like a mistake not to jump in on that. 

That said, keep seeing that the former Wahoo Trey Murphy is really climbing up the boards. Watching him, I get kind of a Cameron Johnson vibe — tall, really thin, jump shot is smooth as butter, bit of a surprising athlete. Could see them looking in his direction, he would make some sense as a deep-shooting wing and perhaps small-ball 4. 

Totally agree. If we’re going to trade Beal, now is the time & with Golden State. I don’t expect them to do it, but getting back #7, 14, Weisman & Wiggins or Poole would be a nice haul for Beal and probably as best as we could do.

I definitely agree about Trent Murphy - great 3-4 OLB - ohhh you said Trey Murphy! 😂 Anyways, I agree about him too. He shot it 43% from 3 last year and he’s long, 6’9, 206 pounds. Just the type of player we need at SF/stretch 4.

He’s climbing up the draft boards ans has the Cam Johnson vibe where he can be a true SF & a stretch/small-ball 4. He’d be a great choice for. I actually really like a lot of the choices for us at 15. Some good scoring guards/wings & a few athletic PF/SF types which we could use too and some good PG prospects which we could also use. 

Edited by turtle28

22 minutes ago, Skinsin2013 said:

That return... WOW!!!

OMG! I can’t love this enough! Starting quality SG (KCP) starting quality PF/C or your first big off the bench (Harrell) & Kuzma who on this team could be a starter at PF w/ Rui moving to SF or Kuzma would be a good forward off the bench.

Then, the 22nd pick to get another young guy to develop into hopefully a role player?

awesome! 

Edited by turtle28