Off-Topic: The Washington Wizards Thread

turtle28

12 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

There are rumors that the Lakers are trying to pull in Sacramento to add Buddy Hield too.  So the Wizards might not end up with all those players, might get some more picks instead.

Which is even better. I’d like to have Kuz but that’s it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

You can’t keep Beal. You have to cash in on his value. And yes, deal Westbrook. The Lakers deal sounds amazing. Do it and move on. Start an actual build. 

Yeah, it would honestly just be disrespectful to him at this point. Trade away the only other good player we have, and then ask him to commit here long-term? Just a slap in the face. 

Embrace the tank, Ted and Tommy. Just let it happen.

Thebachelor GIF by The Bachelor Australia

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

They need to be on the phones with the Warriors.  Beal for 7, 14, Wiseman and a future first.  Make it happen.

I’d like to have 7, 14, Wiggins, Weisman & Jordan Poole.

I think we have to take Wiggins back so the Warriors have the cap space for Beal. 

They could then trade KCP & Wiggins to a team than needs wings & can give us back picks or more young prospects so we can dump those salaries.

Edited by turtle28

Would absolutely do the Warriors deal, but it sounds like they want to keep Beal and perhaps flip some of these LA assets for someone like Spencer Dinwiddie. Wouldn’t be a terrible idea. 

Have to tip the cap to Tommy Sheppard — if he pulls off turning John Wall’s contract and a heavily protected future pick into this return, that’s pretty incredible. 

• Like 1

If we’re adding 22, it’ll be interesting to see what they do with the two picks. One safe pick and one upside guy? Two now-contributors to assuage Beal? Two hit gambles hoping to hit the lottery?

I might do something like Ziaire Williams (huge gamble) and then one of the surer-thing rotation guards like Butler or Bones or Grimes. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Would absolutely do the Warriors deal, but it sounds like they want to keep Beal and perhaps flip some of these LA assets for someone like Spencer Dinwiddie. Wouldn’t be a terrible idea. 

Have to tip the cap to Tommy Sheppard — if he pulls off turning John Wall’s contract and a heavily protected future pick into this return, that’s pretty incredible. 

Yeah, totally agree. Didn’t exactly create a team that would compete for a championship though which is what he said he’d do this offseason…

Regardless, I like the direction.

Spencer Dinwiddie w/ Beal would be nice, but who’s going to be our PG?

3 minutes ago, e16bball said:

If we’re adding 22, it’ll be interesting to see what they do with the two picks. One safe pick and one upside guy? Two now-contributors to assuage Beal? Two hit gambles hoping to hit the lottery?

I might do something like Ziaire Williams (huge gamble) and then one of the surer-thing rotation guards like Butler or Bones or Grimes. 

I like Butler. I think that guy is just a winner. He reminds me of Fred VanVleet. Just an all-around good ball player. Not the greatest athlete but a good shooter, tough competitor and defender and all-around good player.