Off-Topic: The Washington Wizards Thread

turtle28

Just now, MKnight82 said:

Wizards take F Corey Kispert from Gonzaga at 15.  Probably the best shooter in the draft.

Awesome! Love this!

An elite 3-pt shooter at SF. He could start day 1 depending on how Avdija develops and if Kuzma does enough to start. They have a lot of talent at forward now.

Going to be interesting to see who they sign at PG to replace Westbrook. I hope they bring back Neto, but they need more than him. Schroeder would be nice.

“1. Corey Kispert is in a tier of his own when it comes to his shooting ability in this draft class. Without much pure shooting competition among projected lottery picks, he is clearly the best shooter. In Kispert's final season with Gonzaga, he posted elite percentages from the field - his 44.0% from deep comes from 6.5 attempts per game. High volume, high efficiency. There's certainly the potential for him to be in the 50-40-90 conversation. A quick release and a fluid, consistent form will have him contributing right away.

2. What's perhaps the most impressive about Kispert is that his numbers come without him being the primary focus of an offense. Kispert plays within his role and does it well without overstepping. Aside from running in transition, rarely do you see him trying to put the ball on the floor. Even if his shots are limited, he's fine playing in the system and being efficient. 

- At the NBA Combine, Kispert compared his overall skill set to Klay Thompson.

“The guy that has been the gold standard for me forever has been Klay Thompson,” Kispert said via The Mercury News.

“Whenever I don’t feel good about my game or have a bad night or whatever, I watch him score 60 on 12 dribbles, the way he plays the game, the way he impacts (the Warriors), you’ve seen how much they’ve missed him since he’s been out. I want to be as close to that as I can.”

Ideally, Kispert would thrive in an off-ball primary shooter role, as Thompson has been in Golden State. Unlike his fellow Splash Brother, Steph Curry, Kispert is able to get his nose dirty on the defensive end. The forward isn't necessarily a lock-down defender, but there is positional versatility that he brings. But if you watch Kispert's cutting effort on offense, it mirrors Curry.”

Perfect 3 & D SF to compliment Beal. A great off the ball player/shooter who doesn’t need to be the primary focus of the offense. Beal & Rui can get the ball more in our offense & Kispert can compliment them as the 3rd option as a shooter. 

You also gotta love his effort on defense. That’s something we need too. I wouldn’t  shocked to see him be our starting SF this year but, at the same time I could see Avdija developing a better 3-pt shot and being our starting SF or Rui moving to SF w/ Kuzma starting at PF. We have a lot of options at SF now, a problem we haven’t had since we had Porter & Oubre together but Oubre wasn’t the shooter that Kispert is or the ball handler/playmaker on offense that Avdija is. 

It’s going to be an interesting competition for that other starting forward position opposite Rui.

I do have to wonder if they keep KCP and start him and Beal together in the back court. Beal could always initiate the offense. Not ideal, but it could work.

Isaiah Jackson, 6’11, 205 from Kentucky. He’s a developmental guy. Great athlete, great defender, shot blocker and rebounded. He needs work on his offensive game. Kind of reminds me of a Gafford type player, I like the pick & gives us someone to develop.

Still need to do something about PG unless they’re going the FA route there. I guess they could start Beal at PG and have him imitate the offense w/ KPC starting at SG. We’ll see.

8 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Isaiah Jackson, 6’11, 205 from Kentucky. He’s a developmental guy. Great athlete, great defender, shot blocker and rebounded. He needs work on his offensive game. Kind of reminds me of a Gafford type player, I like the pick & gives us someone to develop.

Still need to do something about PG unless they’re going the FA route there. I guess they could start Beal at PG and have him imitate the offense w/ KPC starting at SG. We’ll see.

He gone lol

1 minute ago, naptownskinsfan said:

So I am a casual Wizards fan- just watch the box scores and maybe a handful of games a year- so break down the Westbrook trade and what does it really mean for us

We have some more young guys to build with now. Trading Russ opens up $25 mil in cap space for the wizards and they can use that $ to sign Russ’s replacement whether that be Schroder or Dinwiddie to run with Beal which makes KCP our 3rd guard.

Remains to be seen if Beal stays or asks to be traded. He’s in his prime, so he probably wants to win now and won’t want to be part of our rebuild.

Theu could still work out any number of trades to move Beal if he wants out. They could still do the Warriors trade. If they trade Beal to the Wizards they could get back Weisman, Kuminga, Moody or Poole & they’re going to have to take Wiggins’s contract back so that the Warriors have enough room in their cap to absorb Beal’s contract.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LoganF89 said:

So we turned Westbrook into Montrezz Harrel, KCP, Kuzma, Aaron Holiday, and pick 31.

not gonna lie! I like it!

Wait, what’s the trade that just happened? Did we trade #22 to get Aaron Holiday and #31?

3 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

Sure did!

Love it too!

awesome GIF by Call of Duty World League

If Aaron Holiday is our starting PG next year and he gets 30 mpg he’s probably a 15 ppg, 5 asst, 4 reb a game guy. 

You’d like to see that assist # up more from your starting PG. I see him and KCP splitting time tbh.

Edited by turtle28

28 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Still kinda think the Spencer Dinwiddie thing will end up having legs and they’ll play him at the point. 

End up going something like...

PG: Dinwiddie / Holiday

SG: Beal / Caldwell-Pope

SF: Avdija / Kispert

PF: Hachimura / Bertans

C: Gafford / Bryant

Would like to see pick 31 go for a guard who can score the ball and provide energy on the second unit. Bones would have been great, but he’s off the board now. Still a lot of talent at the PG/combo guard spot though — Sharife Cooper would be an interesting option. If he was a better 3-point shooter, he probably goes mid-1st with the rest of his skillset.

Edited by e16bball