Off-Topic: The Washington Wizards Thread

turtle28

1 minute ago, LoganF89 said:

Shariffe Cooper, Jaden Springer, and Jared Butler are all still there and could be great backup PG options!

was hoping Cam Thomas would be there at 31 but he just went

I like all of them. Butler’s health issue has to be driving him down the board. 

Cam Thomas is a straight up bucket, I feel like he will be putting up 15-17 ppg by year two. 

4 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I like all of them. Butler’s health issue has to be driving him down the board. 

Cam Thomas is a straight up bucket, I feel like he will be putting up 15-17 ppg by year two. 

Yeah was hoping Thomas would last to us, surprised he went that low 

Edited by LoganF89

Just now, turtle28 said:

I was hesitant when I saw the first trade rumors for Westbrook, I believe it was

Horton tucker, and Schroeder sign in trades plus Kuzma and 2nd rounders..... I didn’t like it much

but with who we have gotten and what we have gotten for Westbrook is crazy! I haven’t seen this much depth on the wizards in a long time. No clue how the Depth chart will fill out! I believe we now have some cap room as well! 

will be interesting if we try to move Bertrans since we now have a sharp shooter in kispert as well

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

I was hesitant when I saw the first trade rumors for Westbrook, I believe it was

Horton tucker, and Schroeder sign in trades plus Kuzma and 2nd rounders..... I didn’t like it much

but with who we have gotten and what we have gotten for Westbrook is crazy! I haven’t seen this much depth on the wizards in a long time. No clue how the Depth chart will fill out! I believe we now have some cap room as well! 

will be interesting if we try to move Bertrans since we now have a sharp shooter in kispert as well

Doesn’t hurt to have two sharp shooters as forwards. I doubt they move Bertans. Really seems to me that it would be a bad trade for us bc his salary doesn’t match his production. We’d probably have to take a bad contract back and for that we should just hold onto Bertans who’s basically automatic off the bench as a 3-pt shooter.

Assuming Todd is actually their pick, it really is crazy how much they just absolutely refuse to take guards in the draft. 

Since taking Beal in 2012, they have not drafted a single guard that has played a single game in a Wizards uniform. That’s insane. It was one thing when you had Wall/Beal and were trying to build around them — but that dream has been dead for years, and there’s still not a single guard you think worth your time?

Edited by e16bball
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

As far as I know he’s ours and I hope he is. I like him as a developmental guy. He’s a good shooter as a 6’10 guy, gotta love that. 36% shooter from 3.

I don’t mind the pick but cooper or even taking a chance on butler would of been my preferred options. High upside and could slide right in behind holiday. And be cost effective PGs

4 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

I don’t mind the pick but cooper or even taking a chance on butler would of been my preferred options. High upside and could slide right in behind holiday. And be cost effective PGs

True, I wanted Butler. I like his shooting ability and toughness, but the upside is with Isaiah Todd obviously, I see some Chris Bosh is his game.

As for the trade:

So, that’s why the trade isn’t been officially reported yet.

Edited by turtle28

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

True, I wanted Butler. I like his shooting ability and toughness, but the upside is with Isaiah Todd obviously, I see some Chris Bosh is his game.

As for the trade:

So, that’s why the trade isn’t been officially reported yet.

Ah gotcha, they just announced it on the draft too.

we have a ton of forwards/ centers right now, could of used a PG

SF/PF, Kuzma, Bertans, Avdija, Hachimura, Kispert, Gill, Hutchinson 

PF/C Bryant, Gafford, Todd, Harrell

9 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

Ah gotcha, they just announced it on the draft too.

we have a ton of forwards/ centers right now, could of used a PG

SF/PF, Kuzma, Bertans, Avdija, Hachimura, Kispert, Gill, Hutchinson 

PF/C Bryant, Gafford, Todd, Harrell

I read they traded Gill to the Pacers. Of course that doesn’t really change your point.

I definitely think Avdija can play as a point forward position on the 2nd unit, really that’s what best fits him and his skill set. I think Hutchinson can also play SG, he’s certainly athletic enough.

I don’t know what the Wizards are going to do at PG beyond Holiday. I have a Skins & Pacers fan from Indiana arguing with me on Twitter that Holiday is awful & should only be a back of the roster player which, I disagree with. I see Holiday as a young/inconsistent developing PG. 

As I told the dude on Twitter, If Ben Standing likes the trade, I like it. Plus, they didn’t lose anything by trading back. They were able to draft Isaiah Todd at 31 who’s arguably a better prospect than Isaiah Jackson who they originally took at 22.

So Holiday + Todd > Jackson.

I really hope the Wizards sign Dinwiddie or Schroeder. They’d be a good running mate for Beal. If not, bringing back Neto would be a good thing, then he, Holiday and Cassius Winston can battle it out for the starting PG spot.