SF: Rui - 22 pts, 3 asts, 6 rebs 

Kispert - 10 ppg, 2 asts, 5 rebs

Avdija - 8 ppg, 3 asts, 5 rebs

PF: Kuzma - 18 pts, 2 asts,  6 rebs

Bertans - 13 pts, 2 asts, 4 rebs

C : Gafford - 13 ppg, 10 rebs, 3 blks 

Bryant - 10 ppg, 6 rebs

Harrell - 8 pts, 5 rebs

Man this is the deepest team we’ve ever had as long as we get a starting PG like Payne or trade for one.

Edited by turtle28

I had previously said that the best thing that could happen to the Wizards with regards to Russell Westbrook was for him to forgo his player option next year.

I didn't think the Wizards had it in them to convert him into multiple players (or future trade pieces) and a first round pick.

Have to say, this is the first time I have come into this thread (or its predecessors) and didn't have any way to mock the franchise.

That being said, I am not worried that they'll suddenly become a shining franchise. They are, after all, still just the Wizards. They'll find a way to eff this up. :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Woz said:

I had previously said that the best thing that could happen to the Wizards with regards to Russell Westbrook was for him to forgo his player option next year.

I didn't think the Wizards had it in them to convert him into multiple players (or future trade pieces) and a first round pick.

Have to say, this is the first time I have come into this thread (or its predecessors) and didn't have any way to mock the franchise.

That being said, I am not worried that they'll suddenly become a shining franchise. They are, after all, still just the Wizards. They'll find a way to eff this up. :D

They’re still not anything better than a back end of the lottery team but at least now they’re that with younger developing players rather than the previous 4 years when they had a lot of overpaid vets, were cap strapped and still didn’t do any better than the 8th seed.

Edited by turtle28

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

They’re still not anything better than a back end of the lottery team but at least now they’re that with younger developing players rather than the previous 4 years when they had a lot of overpaid vets, were cap strapped and still didn’t do any better than the 8th seed.

That's probably still true, but there is now a conceivable pathway forward for them to become competitive. Provided they don't offer up stupid contracts like they did with Mahinmi and Bertrans.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Woz said:

That's probably still true, but there is now a conceivable pathway forward for them to become competitive. Provided they don't offer up stupid contracts like they did with Mahinmi and Bertrans.

Definitely 

10 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Sounds like they are flipping Kuzma and Harrell to the nets for Spencer dinwiddie 

I don’t like that. Dinwiddie coming off an ACL and us trading two good forwards for him is sooo Wizards! God I pray he will be healthy for us!

Why don’t we just sign Cameron Payne who’s a better shooter?

10 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

“Fred Katz and Shams Charania of The Athletic:

The other pieces from the Westbrook trade, Harrell and Kuzma alone, would not be enough for Brooklyn to accept a Dinwiddie deal, according to a source.”

Dinwiddie would be a nice addition to the Wizards as they try to win around Bradley Beal. Before getting hurt, Dinwiddie was playing at a high level.

In Kuzma and Harrell, the Nets could get frontcourt depth around their perimeter star trio of James Harden, Kyrie Irving and Kevin Durant. Washington has also has several other moderately paid players who could fit into the deal.

Though Kuzma’s and Harrell’s salaries couldn’t be re-aggregated after the Lakers trade, that deal won’t become official for at least another week. So, that trade could get expanded to include Dinwiddie with Kuzma and Harrell getting rerouted to Brooklyn.”

So we could be sending more than just two starting quality forwards in Kuzma & Harrell to the Nets for Dinwiddie. I don’t think we should have to do that. I hope we don’t give up any of our young players we drafted/traded for the last two years. I want to retain Avdija & develop him, and retain Bryant & Gafford at center.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

I don’t like that. Dinwiddie coming off an ACL and us trading two good forwards for him is sooo Wizards! God I pray he will be healthy for us!

Why don’t we just sign Cameron Payne who’s a better shooter?

@Woz if you're looking to find a way to make fun of the franchise, this is the way here. Harrell and Kuzma to get Dinwiddie coming off the ACL tear? This is a Zardos move we are all type of familiar with.

3 hours ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

@Woz if you're looking to find a way to make fun of the franchise, this is the way here. Harrell and Kuzma to get Dinwiddie coming off the ACL tear? This is a Zardos move we are all type of familiar with.

Yeah, I’d rather keep Kuzma & Harrell and sign a different PG or start Deni at PG.

Edited by turtle28

Any thought to not trading for Dinwiddie, Lonzo Ball or Dev Graham & re-signing Neto as a back up PG while making Avdija the starting point forward?

I know it’s “ideal” for winning now w/ Beal but long term starting Avdija as a point forward to develop him in that role is better for the team. 

51 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Any thought to not trading for Dinwiddie, Lonzo Ball or Dev Graham & re-signing Neto as a back up PG while making Avdija the starting point forward?

I know it’s “ideal” for winning now w/ Beal but long term starting Avdija as a point forward to develop him in that role is better for the team. 

What is a "point forward?"

Also, Deni's also coming off an injury. Do you want to have him recover and learn a whole new responsibility set?