Off-Topic: The Washington Wizards Thread

turtle28

3 hours ago, lavar703 said:

So are they really going to do a S&T with Brooklyn for Dinwiddie? The dude hasn’t played in a year and has had two major knee injuries. This seems like one of those Wizards deals that is going to end up being a disaster. Just keep Kuzma and Harrell. Don’t do this dumb deal. 

As I said on Twitter, the Wizards never saw a bad deal they didn’t like! 😂 

I’d much rather do a sign & trade for Devonte Graham or Terry Rozier from Charlotte. Rozier does everything Dinwiddie does but he’s a better shooter. Graham has the most upside of the 3.

Edited by turtle28

Looks like Spencer Dinwiddie has been thrown into the Westbrook trade for salary purposes. Here’s what’s incoming/exiting the wizards:

Wizards get 

Kuzma

KCP

Harrell 

Dinwiddie

A Holiday

#31 (I Todd)

Exiting

Westbrook

C Hutchinson (to Spurs)

2022 2nd round pick (to Spurs)

2024 2nd round pick (to Nets)

2025 2nd round pick (either WSH or GS pick whichever is better goes to Nets)

• Like 1

It’s so weird to just watch them carelessly throw away valuable second round picks. And I really don’t understand targeting Dinwiddie? Is he the difference between winning and losing? Not dealing Beal away and just continuing this silly build is going to ruin Sheppards tenure. He had a shot to do a real rebuild with actual value coming back and he crapped the bed. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Looks like Spencer Dinwiddie has been thrown into the Westbrook trade for salary purposes. Here’s what’s incoming/exiting the wizards:

Wizards get 

Kuzma

KCP

Harrell 

Dinwiddie

A Holiday

#31 (I Todd)

Exiting

Westbrook

C Hutchinson (to Spurs)

2022 2nd round pick (to Spurs)

2024 2nd round pick (to Nets)

2025 2nd round pick (either WSH or GS pick whichever is better goes to Nets)

This is a great trade! I hadn’t know the details yet! Thanks Mknight!

5 hours ago, lavar703 said:

It’s so weird to just watch them carelessly throw away valuable second round picks. And I really don’t understand targeting Dinwiddie? Is he the difference between winning and losing? Not dealing Beal away and just continuing this silly build is going to ruin Sheppards tenure. He had a shot to do a real rebuild with actual value coming back and he crapped the bed. 

2nd round picks don’t mean that much in the NBA. It’s essentially a 6th or 7th round pick in the NFL. They’re getting to keep Kuzma, Harrell, KCP, Holiday & Todd to develop in the GLeague as hopefully a future reserve big or more in a few years, this is huge.

The issue is that this isn’t really what Ted/Tommy said they would do this off-season. Dinwiddie is good, but I’m not even sure he’s healthy John Wall good. Kuzma &  Harrell will make a big difference coming off the bench and KCP is the 3 & D wing they’ve needed the last few years since Ernie stupidly traded away Oubre after trading away Porter’s inflated salary but, these moves don’t even make us the contender we were w/ Wall, Beal, Porter, Morris & Gortat from 2013-2017 before Wall hurt his knees, heal & then achillies.

At best we’re a 5 seed in the East, mostly likely a 6-8 seed again. 

I will say I am excited to see Rui truly get more opportunities to score on offense. He might still be the 3rd option behind Beal & Dinwiddie but at least it will be like a 2a & 2b thing, w/ Westbrook, Rui was clearly the #3 and a distant #3 option as Russ & Beal too almost 50 shots a game and Rui only got 11. Just on usage alone - and hopefully an improved 3-pt shot - Rui should avg in the high teens or better.

Off the bench you have for sure Bertans, Harrell & Kuzma give you 13P each & Holiday, Deni & Kispert throwing in 8-10 ppg each, the wildcard becomes Thomas Bryant and when he can make an impact as our stretch 5 off the bench vs 2nd units. He’s not going to be ready to start the season I don’t think & I don’t think they should rush him back. My feeling is it’s best to have him return the 2nd half of next year after the All-Star break for hopefully a 2nd half playoff run.

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

Nothing other than being back Mathews as a back up SG/SF. Unless they can trade some of these players for another teams star to upgrade SF even more.

I don’t know why he had Deni starting. Rumors are they are going to start KCP at SF, they like his shooting and D. Kuzma will play both forward positions but more PF than SF to me.

I think Homsley & Todd should be GLeague players. 

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

Nothing other than being back Mathews as a back up SG/SF. Unless they can trade some of these players for another teams star to upgrade SF even more.

I don’t know why he had Deni starting. Rumors are they are going to start KCP at SF, they like his shooting and D. Kuzma will play both forward positions but more PF than SF to me.

I think Homsley & Todd should be GLeague players. 

I wouldn't dive too much into the order yet. The fact that Harrell is "3rd string" on there tells me that. 

31 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I wouldn't dive too much into the order yet. The fact that Harrell is "3rd string" on there tells me that. 

Agreed w/ that. I also don’t think Bryant will be ready to play till December at the earliest but most likely Jan or even Feb.