Off-Topic: The Washington Wizards Thread

turtle28

• 2 weeks later...

Ben Simmons reportedly done with the Sixers. 

I don’t think we have the kind of high-end talent (aside from Beal) that would get them to bite, but I’d sure love to give it a try. Adding that guy to Beal would be quite a tandem, and you’d really have a nice balance between an offensive MVP and a defensive MVP. 

As it always has been, the question is how low can the price get. Is it possible to put together a package from Rui, Deni, Kispert, Bryant, Gafford, Holiday, and the Laker guys that, in addition to a number of draft picks, would be able to trump a return centered on one high-end player? Seems a little farfetched, but you wonder if Morey would be enticed by the sort of flexibility we now have in terms of assets — numerous different players at different ages and stages, with contracts of different sizes and lengths. For a trader like Morey, that and the draft picks would open up a trove of future possibilities.

21 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I don’t think we have the kind of high-end talent (aside from Beal) that would get them to bite, but I’d sure love to give it a try. Adding that guy to Beal would be quite a tandem, and you’d really have a nice balance between an offensive MVP and a defensive MVP. 

As it always has been, the question is how low can the price get. Is it possible to put together a package from Rui, Deni, Kispert, Bryant, Gafford, Holiday, and the Laker guys that, in addition to a number of draft picks, would be able to trump a return centered on one high-end player? Seems a little farfetched, but you wonder if Morey would be enticed by the sort of flexibility we now have in terms of assets — numerous different players at different ages and stages, with contracts of different sizes and lengths. For a trader like Morey, that and the draft picks would open up a trove of future possibilities.

If you can get them to buy high on Deni, throw in 2 first rounders (not sure how this would work out with the Rockets one owed, but the 2022 one and the next available after the Rockets triggers?), a 2nd rounder in 2022 since we never use them, Montrezl Harrell, and Caldwell Pope. That's probably not enough, but it would go through on salaries. They'd have a good three big man rotation to work with, a competenet role player in KCP (with Green and Curry out there it's threes all day), a guy to groom in Deni, and some assets for the future. 

Again, I don't think it's nearly enough, but who knows?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I would love to get Simmons. He Spencer, & Beal would be an awesome big 3. 

I think we can actually put together one of the best packages bc we have a lot of tradable players right now. The Sixers are acting like Simmons is one of the top 10 players in the league w/ their trade request - for ex. they probably thing they should get back Beal in a trade for Simmons - I don’t see them getting back a top 10 player for Simmons so, eventually we may be able to present them with one of the best offers come the trade deadline.

We have guys that can come in and start or contribute right away for the Sixers like Bryant, Caldwell-Pope, Garrford, Harrell, Holiday, Kuzma & Rui and prospects like Deni & Kisper who have a lot of potential but are still developing.

I don’t know that they’d want both Bryant & Gafford. Maybe they would, but behind Embid there’s very limited minutes 30-35 mpg so, it’d be foolish for them to take them both back. 

Edited by turtle28

3 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

If you can get them to buy high on Deni, throw in 2 first rounders (not sure how this would work out with the Rockets one owed, but the 2022 one and the next available after the Rockets triggers?), a 2nd rounder in 2022 since we never use them, Montrezl Harrell, and Caldwell Pope. That's probably not enough, but it would go through on salaries. They'd have a good three big man rotation to work with, a competenet role player in KCP (with Green and Curry out there it's threes all day), a guy to groom in Deni, and some assets for the future. 

Again, I don't think it's nearly enough, but who knows?

In this scenario Rui and Deni, and Bryant and Harrell are pretty interchangeable. 

• Like 1

On 9/27/2021 at 4:46 PM, MikeT14 said:

We got Troy Brown Jr with our very next pick!

Sooo… we couldn’t have drafted him… correct? If we had passed on him, like we passed on Robert Williams who should be one of our centers - either starter or #1 back up right now - I’d be more upset and disappointed and I am. I wanted Robert Williams. Gortat had been traded away, Mahinmi was a disaster, they needed to bring in a young athletic rim protector who could D up & rebound, that guy was Robert Williams. I still wish we had him.

I love Gafford, who we traded TBJ to get but, I wish we had both Gafford & Williams.

10 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Sooo… we couldn’t have drafted him… correct? If we had passed on him, like we passed on Robert Williams who should be one of our centers - either starter or #1 back up right now - I’d be more upset and disappointed and I am. I wanted Robert Williams. Gortat had been traded away, Mahinmi was a disaster, they needed to bring in a young athletic rim protector who could D up & rebound, that guy was Robert Williams. I still wish we had him.

I love Gafford, who we traded TBJ to get but, I wish we had both Gafford & Williams.

Correct. It was the pick right before us. But as it was going on, it was you and I (among others) praying that he kept falling. And it was so close. 

• Like 1

On the broadcast of the Wizards game tonight they said that Rui Hachimura will return to the team soon, and they need him. 

In the first two preseason games, I feel like I’m still watching the 2020 Wizards. Beal, Bertans, KCP & Kuzma are a combined 4-16 from 3. All we did was just rearrange the deck chairs on the Titanic. These guys have to shoot it better, it’s unacceptable especially for Beal & Bertans to be 2 of 9 from 3. 

Harrell is leading the team w/ 16 pts, 7 rebs & 2 blocks through 3 quarters.

Beal is just 1-5 from 3

Bertans is just 1-6 from 3

KCP is 1-3 form 3

Kuzma is 0-4 from 3

These guys are all good to greet shooters, they have to improve if the team is going to be anything better then 6-8 seed again this year, or miss the playoffs all together.

On 10/2/2021 at 7:11 AM, turtle28 said:

I sure hope not. If Beal declines, they need to trade him.

This is beyond stupid. They should’ve made the deal with Golden State and started the rebuild. The moment they dealt away Westbrook should’ve been the end of Beal in DC. Look, this is nothing against Beal because I love him as a player and I love that he wants to be here but they just don’t have the pieces to contend. But, at the end of the day, firing Ernie after years of futility only to hire his buddy in the same role is why I have no faith in Ted Leonisis-owned teams. The guys a moron. 

• Like 1