Off-Topic: The Washington Wizards Thread

turtle28

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

The bench was pretty crappy last night from a plus/minus perspective. 

Probably happened in the second half. I’m thinking that Rui & Bryant need more minutes. TB had 11 pts in 15 minutes, Rui 7 pts in 13 minutes.

It’s time for Rui to get 20-25 mpg and for Kispert & Deni to have their minutes dip a bit. Rui is so much more efficient than than both Deni & Kispert on the offensive end.

Harrell’s 4 missed FTs hurt us & Kuzma’s 2 hurt us. We get any number of those that go down and we win the game. Beal fouled Kennard on the 3pointer he made to tie the game. I don’t think the foul should’ve been called on Beal but, it was and then Kennard made the FT and the game was all but over.

Edited by turtle28

- Trading Wall (and a 1st) for Russ was a great move.
- Bertans' extension was brutal.
- Trading Russ for the Lakers haul was a great move.
- The move, however, created TOO much depth, especially at center and forward.
- Beal is absolutely NOT a supermax guy. If Ted gives him a supermax, it's OVER for 5+ years. Terrible 3 pt shooter, awful in the clutch, not a good defender.
- Rui is too passive. I'd move him. I don't that zebra's stripes will change.
- I like Kispert. He's developing. He replaces Bertans IMO.
- You either move Bertans, plus a 1st round pick, for ??? Or you ride out his contract and hope he gets his S together. Personally, I think you give up the 1st and recoup it via a Beal trade.
- Wiz should 100% trade Beal. I'd be looking for a young riser plus picks.
- I love Montrez. Offer him an extension. When he turns it down, trade him.
- I like Deni. But I'd probably trade Rui and Deni for Sabonis. I'd still trade Beal though.
- Ben Simmons is such a wild card. I'd want a full psychological eval, with 10 psychologists, before I'd consider him. 

Give me Kuz, Sabonis, Kispert, Dinwiddie, KCP, young player returned for Beal, and picks and I'll run with that. Toss in Gafford and Bryant at center... the bigs would be solid. We'd eventually need a young PG... that would be netted via the Beal return or via the draft.

Call that a rebuild OR a soft rebuild. Don't care. I just know it's better than supermaxing Beal and having to shed much-need depth because Beal isn't a supermax guy.

Edited by Skinsin2013

2 hours ago, Skinsin2013 said:

It’s a poorly written article IMO, it gives too much of a rosy feel to how Beal is playing this season & others. Beal is not having a good season:

While Beal has dealt with injuries and missed some time this season, he has remained productive when on the court with averages of 23.6 points, 6.5 assists, 4.8 rebounds and 1.6 three-pointers made per game, while shooting 45.5 percent from the field and 30.1 percent from beyond the arc…

Dinwiddie is signed through at least next season, but he has largely struggled, averaging 13.3 points, 5.7 assists, 4.6 rebounds and 1.7 three-pointers made while shooting just 38.8 percent from the field and 31.4 percent from long range.

Trading him would leave a hole at point guard, but it would allow the Wizards to give Aaron Holiday and Raul Neto more playing time and explore younger options during the offseason.”

I mean, Beal & Dinwiddie’s 3 pt %s are about the same so I don’t see how someone can write that Dinwiddie is struggling, but Beal has “remained productive.”

Trading Dinwiddie would allow the Wizards to give Aaron Holiday or Raul Neto more playing time? Is that really what we want? 😂 

I would hope when they’re trading their vets that we can get back a younger PG.

12 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I mean, Beal & Dinwiddie’s 3 pt %s are about the same so I don’t see how someone can write that Dinwiddie is struggling, but Beal has “remained productive.”

One of them is top 15 in the league in scoring and one of less than 20 guys out there who are averaging 20+ points and at least 4.5 assists and rebounds per game. That’s pretty productive.

The 3-point percentage also matters a great deal more for Dinwiddie, given that inexplicably he’s taking almost half of his shots from behind the arc. When your shot’s broken, but you just keep strokin’ — that’s problematic. 

Hopefully they’re both gone, along with Trezl and anyone else over 25 with any meaningful value (KCP? Holiday? Kuzma?) There’s still time to fight for that win/place/show finish in the draft. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, MacDog said:

Move Kuzma while his value is the highest it will probably be with the Wiz.

It would be a bad time to move Beal Or Dinwiddie while their value is the lowest.

That’s a good point about Beal & Dinwiddie’s value being low right now and thus a bad time to try to trade them. The issue there is that they haven’t found chemistry together and the longer we keep Beal the longer he keeps us mediocre and unable of getting a top draft pick to hopefully change the trajectory of the team for the long term. 

Personally, I’d like to keep Kuzma as our 2nd or 3rd option in our rebuild but, I do get that he has a high value now and trading him could net us back something better. Just given hike’s only 26 & makes just $13 million over the last 2 years of his contract, I’d like to keep him. 

On 1/26/2022 at 8:18 AM, turtle28 said:

Probably happened in the second half. I’m thinking that Rui & Bryant need more minutes. TB had 11 pts in 15 minutes, Rui 7 pts in 13 minutes.

It’s time for Rui to get 20-25 mpg and for Kispert & Deni to have their minutes dip a bit. Rui is so much more efficient than than both Deni & Kispert on the offensive end.

Harrell’s 4 missed FTs hurt us & Kuzma’s 2 hurt us. We get any number of those that go down and we win the game. Beal fouled Kennard on the 3pointer he made to tie the game. I don’t think the foul should’ve been called on Beal but, it was and then Kennard made the FT and the game was all but over.

Emotionally I would love to fire sale the entire team, but I would rather get max value for the rebuild.

On 1/28/2022 at 7:02 PM, MacDog said:

Move Kuzma while his value is the highest it will probably be with the Wiz.

It would be a bad time to move Beal Or Dinwiddie while their value is the lowest.

I can’t imagine this has done anything to Beals value. For a contender he makes a major difference. For the Wizards, as the lead dog, it just hasn’t worked. He needs to be Robin someone’s Batman. He’s still a tremendous player. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

I can’t imagine this has done anything to Beals value. For a contender he makes a major difference. For the Wizards, as the lead dog, it just hasn’t worked. He needs to be Robin someone’s Batman. He’s still a tremendous player. 

Beal to 76ers makes a lot of sense.  Make them take Bertans contract in the deal. 

• Like 2