Off-Topic: The Washington Wizards Thread

turtle28

17 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Yeah the defenders of taking Deni over him was bad. I wanted Obi (meh), Okong(meh), or Okoro(oof), over him and Haliburton. But I was higher on the O's and that hasn't been great either. 

I didn’t know much about Deni or Haliburton going into the draft. I was excited we got Deni bc at one time people were talking about him going top 5 & we got him at 9. I definitely wanted Okongwu or Topin but they haven’t done much as you say. I didn’t Okoro at all, be sucked in college on offense, I didn’t expect him to develop into a better offensive player in the pros. 

Haliburton wasn’t even on my radar, but I certainly admit that I was wrong for not knowing about him or what he could be. I can also admit that I’m extremely disappointed that Deni hasn’t developed more offensively. I really expected him to be a more reliable shooter this year but he’s still not. It’s so damn disappointing and I’m done with believing him. Anything he develops into from here on out will just be gravy to me and not expected by me.

I’m tired of people on Twitter blaming everyone else but Deni for him not being better. For two coaching staffs now, the Deni only fans have blamed the coaches when if you watch the games it’s clear that on the offensive end that Deni just isn’t progressing. 

Edited by turtle28

I like Jonathan Goodwin, we found a back up PG. We do miss Delon Wright’s D though.

A strong argument can be Mande that when Delon Wright comes back he should be our starting Pg bc Morris has been a disappointment so far.

Edited by turtle28

1 minute ago, LoganF89 said:

Kisperts game has improved like crazy! He’s currently 6/6 going 4/4 from 3 with 18 points right now!

Yeah man, he’s on fire! You love to see it! I hope when Beal comes back that Kispert continues to start & they have him start at SF. He’s the 3 point shooter they need as the 4th option. Not sure if his D is up to snuff to be a true 3 & D, but he does give a lot of effort on D at least.

Just now, turtle28 said:

Yeah man, he’s on fire! You love to see it! I hope when Beal comes back that Kispert continues to start & they have him start at SF. He’s the 3 point shooter they need as the 4th option. Not sure if his D is up to snuff to be a true 3 & D, but he does give a lot of effort on D at least.

I wish he was a capable ball handler bc if we had a player who could shoot like him playing the point then we could allow Deni to start at SF and match up on teams best player when on defense.

it’s a log jam at the 3 and 4 with Kuzma, deni, kispert, and Rui. Good problem to have tho. Kispert fills the primary backup for Beal IMO

Just now, turtle28 said:

Goodwin continuing to show that he should be our back up PG & when Delon Wright comes back he should be our starting PG.

Goodwin is 3–3 from 3 w/ 9 pts, 2 rebs, 2 asts, 2 blocks & 1 steal in 18 min.

We may not have the most start studded roster but this is by far the most depth I’ve seen on a wizards team in years

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

I wish he was a capable ball handler bc if we had a player who could shoot like him playing the point then we could allow Deni to start at SF and match up on teams best player when on defense.

it’s a log jam at the 3 and 4 with Kuzma, deni, kispert, and Rui. Good problem to have tho. Kispert fills the primary backup for Beal IMO

To me, if Kispert is going to continue to play like this I’d like to see him start. They of course stagger line ups but Barton would be Beal’s back up, Goodwin would be Delon Wright’s back up when he comes back, Deni is Kispert’s back up, Rui is Kuzma’s back up but gets more minutes than Deni playing with Kuz a lot & Gafford is KP’s back up.

PG: Wright, Goodwin

SG: Beal, Barton

SF: Kispert, Deni

PF: Kuz, Rui

C : KP, Gafford

2 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

We may not have the most start studded roster but this is by far the most depth I’ve seen on a wizards team in years

I actually think we have a pretty star studded “big 3” if Beal plays up his potential as a 25-30 ppg scorer w/ KP scoring 20 ppg & Kuz at 17 or 18 ppg. 

The other guys are showing out, we need Beal to play up to his potential when he comes back.