Off-Topic: The Washington Wizards Thread

turtle28

Crazy enough, the Wizards are one amazing game winning shot by SGA away from winning 7 games in a row. Season 8 Wow GIF by The Office

106-102 Wizards win!

Kuz: 28 pts(4-8 from 3), 10 rebs, 5 asts 

Beal: 26pts (3-8 from 3), 4 rebs, 5 asts, 4 steals 

Kispert: 14pts, (2-3 from 3), 6 rebs, 3 asts, 1 block 

KP: 12 pts (2-8 from 3 😢), 8 rebs, 2 asts, 1 steal, 5 blocks

Deni: 12 pts (0-3 from 3 😢), 13 rebs, 1 ast, 1 block 

Edited by turtle28

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

God they’re awful. Not only are they awful but they’re stuck with Beals supermax. Tommy Sheppard is horrible. Far worse than Grunfeld which I can’t even believe was even possible. He’s just completely blown three top 12 picks. BLOWN. 

I think almost all of us knew that when they were made. I had hope about Davis some but WOOF

On 12/13/2022 at 5:47 PM, lavar703 said:

God they’re awful. Not only are they awful but they’re stuck with Beals supermax. Tommy Sheppard is horrible. Far worse than Grunfeld which I can’t even believe was even possible. He’s just completely blown three top 12 picks. BLOWN. 

One of the lessons here is that late-ish lottery picks are incredibly overrated in terms of value. For example, it’s not like Rui has been great — but who would the “good” GM have selected there? Suns got pilloried for taking Cam Johnson, but he’s been (by basically every advanced metric) the most valuable player taken in the next 10 picks after Rui. 

Deni over Halliburton is likely going to go down as a franchise altering mistake, though. And I don’t feel it’s unfair to bag on Sheppard for that one, as the two players were basically rated evenly pre-draft and plenty of folks said at the time that we should have taken Halliburton. He passed, and he absolutely whiffed in doing so. 

• Like 1

On 12/13/2022 at 5:47 PM, lavar703 said:

I know this is somewhat of an excuse but, this team has had a lot of guys out due to injury. Kispert to start the season, Delon Wright, Beal, Rui & now KP has a sore back.

When healthy they have a solid team, the problem is they really haven’t been healthy all year.

On 12/23/2022 at 10:27 AM, Skinsin2013 said:

I was soooooooooooooooo right about Wall. 

I still would’ve taken him over what ended up happening. Westbrook was inconsistent. I’m just not a fan of his at all bc of his shooting & just how he plays & still tries to play while his athleticism is diminishing.

You & the Wizards have to see the Forrest for the trees. W/ Wall injured in 2020 for 1/2 the year & w/o trading for Westbrook in 2020 we probably end up with around the top 5 pick in the 2021 draft. 

So, maybe in the 2021 draft we end up taking Jalen Suggs.

So Wall & Suggs would be splitting time at PG right now. 

Edited by turtle28

On 12/25/2022 at 7:56 AM, turtle28 said:

I still would’ve taken him over what ended up happening. Westbrook was inconsistent. I’m just not a fan of his at all bc of his shooting & just how he plays & still tries to play while his athleticism is diminishing.

You & the Wizards have to see the Forrest for the trees. W/ Wall injured in 2020 for 1/2 the year & w/o trading for Westbrook in 2020 we probably end up with around the top 5 pick in the 2021 draft. 

So, maybe in the 2021 draft we end up taking Jalen Suggs.

So Wall & Suggs would be splitting time at PG right now. 

It took a while. But Russ ended up balling out for the Wiz, which made him tradeable. Here was the trade: 

Russell Westbrook and second-round picks in 2024 and 2028 to the Los Angeles Lakers for Kyle Kuzma, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, Montrezl Harrell and the No. 22 overall pick.

Just an absolute fleecing. Cleared the books of another terrible contract and brought back Kuzma who has been very good for the Wiz. 

And stop with the hypothetical draft picks. Wall and Beal weren't coexisting on this team... not with their personalities nor with their albatross contracts. 

As good was the Russ trade was, the Wiz blew that money on Beal. Utter insanity. Ted is a disaster. 

On 12/25/2022 at 9:55 AM, turtle28 said:

Four Kyle Kuzma trades for the Washington Wizards (via @jfeltonnn)

https://wizofawes.com/2022/12/25/four-kyle-kuzma-trades-washington-wizards/

There’s some actual good trade ideas in this article. The ones I like the most are to get Fred VanVleet or to get Cam Johnson/Grayson Allen.

Van Fleet wants a max contract. Nah. 33% from 3pt. Nah. 

The best trade there is Johnson/Allen/pick for Kuz. Johnson is young and can shoot. He's not playing. We lose a few more games and get a nice pick.

1 hour ago, Skinsin2013 said:

It took a while. But Russ ended up balling out for the Wiz, which made him tradeable. Here was the trade: 

Russell Westbrook and second-round picks in 2024 and 2028 to the Los Angeles Lakers for Kyle Kuzma, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, Montrezl Harrell and the No. 22 overall pick.

Just an absolute fleecing. Cleared the books of another terrible contract and brought back Kuzma who has been very good for the Wiz. 

And stop with the hypothetical draft picks. Wall and Beal weren't coexisting on this team... not with their personalities nor with their albatross contracts. 

As good was the Russ trade was, the Wiz blew that money on Beal. Utter insanity. Ted is a disaster. 

let it go GIFI know what the trade was. And, we traded away Tez, stupidly traded away KCP & we’re probably going to trade Kuz away bc he doesn’t want to re-sign here.

Again, give me the top 5 pick over having a vet for a year or 2 who doesn’t want to re-sign here.

We’re never going to agree on Wall, I don’t even know why you bring the ish up. Are ya bored or something? You haven’t been in here in 6 months, maybe longer & you’re being up old ish. Haha 😂 

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

let it go GIFI know what the trade was. And, we traded away Tez, stupidly traded away KCP & we’re probably going to trade Kuz away bc he doesn’t want to re-sign here.

Again, give me the top 5 pick over having a vet for a year or 2 who doesn’t want to re-sign here.

We’re never going to agree on Wall, I don’t even know why you bring the ish up. Are ya bored or something? You haven’t been in here in 6 months, maybe longer & you’re being up old ish. Haha 😂 

Psst... I was responding to your post about your man crush. So YOU brought up Wall. 

And I like to check in every now and then. Make sure this forum is on the up and up. Thus far, my audit is revealing some slacking. Get your ish together.

Edited by Skinsin2013

1 hour ago, Skinsin2013 said:

Van Fleet wants a max contract. Nah. 33% from 3pt. Nah. 

The best trade there is Johnson/Allen/pick for Kuz. Johnson is young and can shoot. He's not playing. We lose a few more games and get a nice pick.

Yeah, it’s either that or trade Kuz to Sacramento & get a few of their young players & their 1st round pick.

Like Kuz for Davion Mitchell, Trey Lyles would be good. Davion Mitchell if starting his per 36 is: probably a 15 pt, 5 or 6 assist guy. 

Rui can start at PF & if he’s starting his per 36 is:

18 pts, 8 rebs & 2 asts per game

Then Trey Lyles is a 10 pt, 6 reb guy if he gets 20 mpg.

Then in the draft you get:

Asur Thompson & Cason Wallace