Off-Topic: The Washington Wizards Thread

turtle28

7 hours ago, Skinsin2013 said:

I've written, with granularity, about my dislike of John Wall. But to simplify it, he wasn't/isn't a true professional. Not even close.

Who cares if a guy who’s paid to play basketball lives his life like a choir boy or not?

I sure don’t. Almost all athletes go out to bars & parties during the season & are womanizers. I don’t care. I don’t need the players on my team to be choir boys, I need them to play w/ heart/be dawgs on the court & do whatever they can to win games & that was John Wall while with the Wizards.

The John Wall era goes down as the 2nd best era in Bullets/Wizards history only after the Unseld/Hayes era of the 70s when they won a Championship in 78 & got back to the Finals in 79.

The Beal era so far has been a flop w/ only one playoff appearance in 3 years when he played with Russell Westbrook & they only made the playoffs bc of the playin game in 2020. And Westbrook couldn’t wait to get away from playing with Beal fast enough after only playing with him one year.

Beal is a very talented bball player, but he’s injury prone, he’s soft, he isn’t a leader & doesn’t have the competitiveness needed to be an elite bball player. Beal will never be as admired in DC as John Wall unless he wins a Championship which seems like the most unlikeliest thing in the world right now with Beal as our #1 player.

Ok, hear me out. I’m a known Westbrook hater bc I don’t like the way he plays half court bball but, trading Rui, Barton, Monte Morris & Taj Gibson to get Westbrook & a 1st rnd pick who’s an expiring contract is worth it.

Rui would give the Lakers a #3 scorer behind Lebron & AD w/ Lonnie Walker being their 4th option or vice versa & they’d get better depth which the Lakers need badly.

Then, we’ll get the Westbrook contract off our books in July & we can re-sign Kuz & maybe Russ on a cheaper contract to be our PG depending on how he plays for us the 2nd half of this year.

Edited by turtle28

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

I had hoped they could’ve done better, I wanted Davion Mitchell from Sacramento but, Kendrick Nunn was a 15 ppg scorer his 1st two years in Miami. Then, last year he had a “bone bruise” that kept him out the entire year. If he gets minutes like he had in Miami 30 mpg, maybe he does that for the us. 

It really sucks to lose Rui but, he did want out. He lost his starting job when we traded Kuz & didn’t like coming off the bench. I feel he’ll help the Lakers out a lot either as a starter or as their 6th/7th man w/ him & Russ coming off the bench together.

I’m sure hopeful that Nunn can be our answer at PG & push Morris down to being the back up. 

55 minutes ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

Anyone got a list of players who may be available in the mid portion of the 2nd in 2029?

Can’t wait for Ernie Jr to get fired so they can hire his understudy. The fact they basically hired Ernie’s buddy is hilarious and we’re just getting the same results. I gave up on this team and moved on. Ted is a clown. Just another stooge with too much money. 

• Like 1