Off-Topic: The Washington Wizards Thread

turtle28

16 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Are there really any Wall stans left? Dudes been gone for like 4 years now. 

Depends on how you wanna define it. I loved him when he was here. It was exciting at times. But yeah, I obviously haven't really followed him since he left. Checked in once in a while. Wizards have been abysmal since his last year/when he left. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Depends on how you wanna define it. I loved him when he was here. It was exciting at times. But yeah, I obviously haven't really followed him since he left. Checked in once in a while. Wizards have been abysmal since his last year/when he left. 

Essentially the same as me. 

On 2/12/2023 at 3:24 PM, lavar703 said:

Are there really any Wall stans left? Dudes been gone for like 4 years now. 

I mean, there is an active Wall stan in this thread. And even more active Wall stans in the Twitterverse. And, of course, the pole dancers took a big hit when Wall was booted out of DC.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/18/2023 at 7:49 AM, Skinsin2013 said:

If those three consistently stayed healthy, they're a 6 seed. 5 seed ceiling. That's better than most years for the Wiz. But my philosophy is...

Build teams to win CHAMPIONSHIPS. 

I agree but as I’ve said for years, this current top 3 is as good as they can do IMO short of them tanking - which Ted won’t do - and the tanking leading to top 5 picks for the next 5 years & them hitting on those picks.

Having two 23 ppg scorers & a 21 ppg scorer is a very good top 3. They just need to improve 4-9, they need Deni, Morris, Kispert, Nunn & Gaff to be more consistent but I don’t know if it happens tbh.

So, it’s time to talk NBA draft with the Wizards again as at best I see them ending up playing in one of the play-in games & then losing to the Celtics or Bucks in the 1st round of the playoffs in 5 or 6 games.

I envision us picking a in the 7 to 13 range. Guys who could be available in that range are:

1. Nick Smith, PG/SG, Arkansas 

2. Cam Whitmore, a SG/SF, Villanova 

3. Grady D*ck, SG/SF, Kansas

4. Taylor Hendricks, SG/SF, UCF

5. Anthony Black, PG/SG, Arkansas 

6. Jett Howard, SF/PF, Michigan

7. Asur Thompson, SG/SF, Overtime Elite

8. Keyonte George, SG, Baylor

9. Cason Wallace, PG/SG, Kentucky 

10. Brice Sensabaugh, SF/PF, Ohio State 

11. Jalen Hood-Schifinold, PG/SG, Indiana

12. Gregory Jackson, PF, South Carolina 

So here’s a list of some guys we could take in the draft. If we’re lucky enough we’ll be picking 6th or 7th and can get Nick Smith or Cam Whitmore. My feeling though is we’ll be picking closer to 10th and be looking at drafting Taylor Hendricks, Jett Howard, Keyonte George or Cason Wallace.

It’s a good group of players there that should be available for us around 10. They’re just not likely going to be a top 3 scorer on a team. 

Nick Smith and Cam Whitmore are the prices possible for us if we’re picking near the top 5 but not in the top 5. If we could get one of those 3 they may be our 7th or 8th man next year as rookies or Nick Smith may even start at PG.

Edited by turtle28

1 hour ago, e16bball said:

That’s very promising. I mean sure, Jalen Williams was taken two picks later and is already a solid NBA starter at the same position — but for one whole half, Johnny Davis wasn’t the worst player on the Capital Go-Go.

Any progress I’m good with. I’ve held out hope that he’ll develop slowly like Otto but be a good starter in a few years. I hope I’m right. They definitely missed on Jalen Williams. If we had him, we’d actually have a 3 & D SF which we haven’t had since Otto & Oubre were stupidly traded weeks apart. Otto I understood why Ernie did that, but I’ll never understand why he traded Oubre shortly after.

5 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Any progress I’m good with. I’ve held out hope that he’ll develop slowly like Otto but be a good starter in a few years. I hope I’m right. They definitely missed on Jalen Williams. If we had him, we’d actually have a 3 & D SF which we haven’t had since Otto & Oubre were stupidly traded weeks apart. Otto I understood why Ernie did that, but I’ll never understand why he traded Oubre shortly after.

Yeah, I know. I’m glad to see Davis play well too. It’s just getting really frustrating, always being in the same late-lottery position and always ending up with these super-underwhelming guys with those picks. It’s just deja vu, year after year.

At what point are they ever going to try to switch some things up? What they’ve been doing just isn’t working.

Edited by e16bball