Off-Topic: The Washington Wizards Thread

turtle28

15 hours ago, Skinsin2013 said:

We need Portland to beat San Antonio tonight.

The interesting game will be the last game for the Wiz... Houston. BOTH teams trying their hardest to lose. LOL.

Good news is it doesn’t matter at all to Houston. They are locked into one of the bottom (top?) 3 spots, which all have the same lottery odds.

https://www.tankathon.com/pick_odds 

Current Odds With Ties Included
Positions resulting in a trade are highlighted in red. Not all trades (swaps) shown.
TEAM 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 AVG
14.0 13.4 12.7 12.0 47.9                   3.7
TIED 14.0 13.4 12.7 12.0 27.8 20.0                 3.9
TIED 14.0 13.4 12.7 12.0 14.8 26.0 7.0               4.1
12.5 12.2 11.9 11.5 7.2 25.7 16.8 2.2             4.4
10.5 10.5 10.6 10.5 2.2 19.6 26.7 8.7 0.6           5.0
9.0 9.2 9.4 9.6   8.6 29.7 20.6 3.7 0.2         5.5
TIED 6.8 7.1 7.5 7.9     19.7 35.6 13.8 1.4 >0.0       6.4
TIED 6.7 7.0 7.4 7.8       32.9 31.1 6.6 0.4 >0.0     6.9
4.5 4.8 5.2 5.7         50.7 25.9 3.0 0.1 >0.0   8.0
3.0 3.3 3.6 4.0           65.9 19.0 1.2 >0.0 >0.0 9.2
TIED 1.8 2.0 2.2 2.5             77.6 13.5 0.4 >0.0 10.4
TIED 1.7 1.9 2.1 2.4               85.2 6.7 0.1 11.3
1.0 1.1 1.2 1.4                 92.9 2.3 12.5
0.5 0.6 0.6 0.7                   97.6 13.7

Got to give the Wizards brass credit. In a league where 2/3s of the teams make the playoffs and another 1/4 is actively tanking, it’s takes an impressive level of incompetence to try to win and still consistently lose. 

Edited by Jeezy Fanatic
Spelling
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, TOUCAN said:

Of the main 3 I only wish KP is back next year. Am I alone here? But unfortunately we will never find a sucker for Beals contract.

Thanks Ted.

I think there's still suckers out there. The Knicks for one. We'd have to take back Fournier and then either Rose or Hart with their options, but I think it's possible.

The Nets aren't a bad team. Does Beal make them better? Dangling Beal for Simmons might be something - we get out of a bad contract quicker. 

59 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I think there's still suckers out there. The Knicks for one. We'd have to take back Fournier and then either Rose or Hart with their options, but I think it's possible.

The Nets aren't a bad team. Does Beal make them better? Dangling Beal for Simmons might be something - we get out of a bad contract quicker. 

I would actually take Simmons because he needs to not be in Brooklyn. I believe Ben can still thrive in a good situation for him. Not a GOOD situation generally speaking, but a good one for him.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TOUCAN said:

Of the main 3 I only wish KP is back next year. Am I alone here? But unfortunately we will never find a sucker for Beals contract.

Thanks Ted.

I'd like KP & Kuz back but, I don't see them both being back & of rather have KP than Kuz, I agree there.

As for Beal, I agree, I’d like to see him gone but I just don't think it's possible given his contract. He's getting paid like an elite player & he's barely All-Star caliber.

As Lavar said & others, they should’ve traded Beal in 2020 or the summer of 2021 & it's too late now. Also, Beal has all the control, he has a no-trade clause. 

Porzingis and Kuzma both should have been traded for whatever they could get at the deadline, and they should now be trying to sign-and-trade these guys out of town if it’s at all possible. 

Unless they make a huge jump in the draft lottery (but perhaps not quite to #1), there’s just no point in continuing the charade. The team needs to be detonated. They need to give up on the idea that they’re going to get some massive breakout from one of the young players or that one of the yearly tweaks is going to magically make everything click. It’s a big problem, because obviously that kind of approach did work for Ted with the Caps. But that is the exception, not the rule.

If they’re terrible around Beal, perhaps he’ll ask out. And that might give Ted the cover to save face while green lighting a trade. 

Something has to change. They have won between 32 and 35 games in 4 of the last 5 seasons. That’s remarkable consistency in mediocrity, especially when (as @Jeezy Fanatic pointed out) they’ve been trying to win. Pull the plug, guys. Trust the process.

• Like 2

Dinwiddie said it best. Guys come here to get stats and get paid.

I doubt both KP and Kuz come back. I wouldn't be surprised if BOTH left town. I'd laugh my face off if that happened.

Since DC is strapped by Beal... and it's not exactly a free agent destination, I think their long-term best bet is to TANK. Like they did at the end of the year.

On 4/10/2023 at 1:01 PM, Jeezy Fanatic said:

Got to give the Wizards brass credit. In a league where 2/3s of the teams make the playoffs and another 1/4 is actively tanking, it’s takes an impressive level of incompetence to try to win and still consistently lose. 

Cracking Up Lol GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

10 hours ago, Skinsin2013 said:

Dinwiddie said it best. Guys come here to get stats and get paid.

I doubt both KP and Kuz come back. I wouldn't be surprised if BOTH left town. I'd laugh my face off if that happened.

Since DC is strapped by Beal... and it's not exactly a free agent destination, I think their long-term best bet is to TANK. Like they did at the end of the year.

I think KP comes back, he's said great things about the city and his year here since he was traded here. I'm sure that KP would disagree with Dinwiddie who since he said that the unprovoked smear job has been traded again.

As much as I don't want Kuz to go, I think he's had one foot out the door all year. I think Ted & Tommy are stupid for not realizing it, stupidly thinking if they kept him and traded Rui that this team could make noise in this playoffs.

They should’ve traded Kuz at the trade deadline. Now they're going to lose him for nothing.