Off-Topic: The Washington Wizards Thread

turtle28

27 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Thrilling to see Rui score 30 on 14 shots for the Lakers. 

What’s remarkable is the opportunity this franchise missed out on by keeping Bradley Beal instead of cashing in the golden ticket. That Beal contract is just the Arenas/Wall albatross all over again. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, e16bball said:

Thrilling to see Rui score 30 on 14 shots for the Lakers. 

He was efficient while here. I really wish he would’ve figured out the defensive concepts bc if he had, he would’ve started in DC this year & personally, I would’ve started him & Kuz at forward together. I wanted WUJ to do that last year. But, there was something there between Rui & the coaches, they just didn’t seem on the same page. A lot of people point to his defensive mistakes as being the reason WUJ didn’t start him.

Still, I would’ve loved to see Kuz & Rui play together more as our 2 forwards rather than one or the other.

For me, the last straw with Sheppard was refusing to read the writing on the wall and (a) trade Kuzma and Porzingis at the deadline and (b) dial up the tank in enough time for it to make a difference. 

Everyone makes mistakes in evaluations, trades, signings, whatever. But if you’re going to be actively delusional, to the detriment of the team’s future, then you gots to go.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, e16bball said:

Does this void any contracts that he gave out while acting as GM? Asking for like 40 total friends who still care about the Wizards…

What's sad is this:

Part of Ted’s reasoning is for the tanking move the last few weeks of the season. So, it's the opposite reason why we wanted him fired. We want a rebuild, Ted thinks we should still be playing in the playoffs right now with his stepson Bradley Beal leading the way even though Beal’s inability to stay healthy is arguably the greatest reason we didn't make the playoffs the last 2 years. 

We wanted Tommy fired bc we didn't think Kuz was going to re-sign so they should've traded him at the trade deadline. Part of the reason Ted fired Tommy is bc he sat players when they still had a chance to make the play-in game.

Edited by turtle28

4 hours ago, e16bball said:

For me, the last straw with Sheppard was refusing to read the writing on the wall and (a) trade Kuzma and Porzingis at the deadline and (b) dial up the tank in enough time for it to make a difference. 

Everyone makes mistakes in evaluations, trades, signings, whatever. But if you’re going to be actively delusional, to the detriment of the team’s future, then you gots to go.

I that was more Ted saying no than Tommy. Tommy was just doing what Ted wanted. We're going to stay mid bc Ted won't blow up the team while he still has Beal. Now, if Beal asks for a trade, then I think Ted will rebuild.

1 minute ago, Skinsin2013 said:

These are all yes men. Who is the next one? Ted tinkers A LOT. Especially with the big signings, all of which have been wrong. This all lays at his feet.

I just heard on the radio that they'll hire from outside the organization which is about all we can ask for.

• Like 1