Off-Topic: The Washington Wizards Thread

turtle28

3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Yes, and it makes zero sense! It’s the reason they lost to the Celtics last year and the reason they didn’t win 50 games this year.

This is what happens when you deal all of your picks away for two years and have no bench whatsoever.  It’s the reason I’ve begged for Ernie to go. I fully expect them to either trade or sell their first round pick this year. 

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

This is what happens when you deal all of your picks away for two years and have no bench whatsoever.  It’s the reason I’ve begged for Ernie to go. I fully expect them to either trade or sell their first round pick this year. 

They have a bench, Oubre and Sato are both draft picks and good bench players, but they’ve been playing poorly the last 10 games or so. Mike Scot scored 14 points and was arguably their best big other than possibly Morris.

Dont forget, they got Morrisfor a draft pick, that was a good trade. You were right last year though, trading the 1st for  Bogdan ended up being a mistake because they couldn’t afford to keep him.

Edited by turtle28

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

They have a bench, Oubre and Sato are both draft picks and good bench players, but they’ve been playing poorly the last 10 games or so. Mike Scot scored 17 points and was arguably their best big other than possibly Morris.

Dont forget, they got Morrisfor a draft pick, that was a good trade. You were right last year though, trading the 1st for  Bogdan ended up being a mistake because they couldn’t afford to keep him.

The signing of Mahinmi was a disaster as well. 

Ehh, what are you gonna do? A poor 3-point shooting team shoots the lights out from deep and gets the home court calls, you’re not gonna win many of those. Chalk it up to the game and get the next one. 

That whole “they need to get rid of John Wall” thing looks really strong right now, by the way. 5th game back from serious knee surgery, the rust from missing half a season extremely evident, and still clearly the best player on the floor against the #1 seed in the conference. 

• Like 1

@NeilDala96

#Wizards minutes breakdown:
Bradley Beal (41)
John Wall (39)
Markieff Morris (38)
Otto Porter (32)
Marcin Gortat (29)
Mike Scott (27)
Kelly Oubre (16)
Tomas Satoransky (12)

In a game where the three-point defense was pitiful, Satoransky has to play more.

Pretty clear Oubre and Sato have to play more and better. They only played 12 & 16 min because they didn’t play well.

4 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Ehh, what are you gonna do? A poor 3-point shooting team shoots the lights out from deep and gets the home court calls, you’re not gonna win many of those. Chalk it up to the game and get the next one. 

That whole “they need to get rid of John Wall” thing looks really strong right now, by the way. 5th game back from serious knee surgery, the rust from missing half a season extremely evident, and still clearly the best player on the floor against the #1 seed in the conference. 

Very true, especially w/ Sato being invisible the last 10 games or so. The wiz need him and Oubre to get out of their funks and step up when their # is called.

Edited by turtle28

Also, I sure wish they’d been in position to trade Oubre this season. Would have been nice to get something of value for him instead of having to face a choice between signing him or losing him for nothing.

Very talented guy, can do a lot of different things, shows you real flashes of breaking through — but I think he’s a heartbreaker. One of those guys who will keep you dreaming of what could be, give you just enough to keep you on the hook. But always let you down in the end. His basketball IQ is just so painfully low, even after several years in the league now. He just doesn’t understand how to consistently play winning basketball. I think you have to let him go and become someone else’s “could be.”

1 hour ago, e16bball said:

Also, I sure wish they’d been in position to trade Oubre this season. Would have been nice to get something of value for him instead of having to face a choice between signing him or losing him for nothing.

Very talented guy, can do a lot of different things, shows you real flashes of breaking through — but I think he’s a heartbreaker. One of those guys who will keep you dreaming of what could be, give you just enough to keep you on the hook. But always let you down in the end. His basketball IQ is just so painfully low, even after several years in the league now. He just doesn’t understand how to consistently play winning basketball. I think you have to let him go and become * else’s “could be.”

Remember, the Wizards traded up for him (well, traded for the rights to him by giving up more). Cannot give up on him even though it would be smart and he's somewhat blocked from playing! *eyeroll*

@ZacharySRisen

Mike Scott was the only Wizards player with a positive Net Rating. 

The Raptors had a 69.7 Net Rating in the final 9 minutes of the game with Lucas Nogueira on the floor.

#WizRaptors

Wizards need to trade for Nogueira in the offseason, he’s the Raptors 3rd team center and he outplayed Gortat in the last 9 minutes of the game. 

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

@ZacharySRisen

Wizards need to trade for Nogueira in the offseason, he’s the Raptors 3rd team center and he outplayed Gortat in the last 9 minutes of the game. 

Lux *clap* ury *clap* tax *clap* *clap* *clap*

5 minutes ago, Woz said:

Remember, the Wizards traded up for him (well, traded for the rights to him by giving up more). Cannot give up on him even though it would be smart and he's somewhat blocked from playing! *eyeroll*

The Wizards could’ve stayed where they were in that draft and taken PF Bobby Portis who’s best known for sucker punching teammates at practice.

I get what E I saying though.

13 hours ago, Woz said:

Lux *clap* ury *clap* tax *clap* *clap* *clap*

Well this is depressing and is just more proof @lavar703 was right a year ago when he said we shouldn’t have traded our 1st for Bogdonavic.

@alyndanole

OG Anuboby was the 23rd pick in the 2017 draft. 

If the Wizards hadn’t traded their pick they would have had #22.

Edited by turtle28

4 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Kawhi Leonard Trade Rumors: Clippers Preparing Package for Spurs Star

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2770596-kawhi-leonard-trade-rumors-clippers-preparing-package-for-spurs-star

Wizards should try to get in on this. I’d trade Beal, Oubre, Morris, Gortat and our 1st for him.

That would be an absolute disaster of a trade lol.