Jump to content

Off-Topic: The Washington Wizards Thread


Recommended Posts

So after beating the Lakers at home, the Wizards have dropped two straight to the Hawks and Rockets on the road, they’re awful on the road. The Hawks game was most frustrating, besides Beal, everyone else played pretty awful.

I didn’t expect them to beat the Rockets, but I didn’t expect them to give up 136 pts. Their D continues to be their biggest problem even after trading for Ariza.

Also, Dekker is playing pretty well and showing some flashes.

He had 20 pts vs the Lakers and 15 pts (7-8, 1-2 from 3) tonight against the Rockets. So, he’s showing some potential there. 

I still don’t understand how our good 3-pt shooters are shooting so poorly. It seems that Ariza has just picked up Otto’s poor 3-pt shooting since he got here.

Ariza is 5-19 in the last two games from 3, tonight he was a dreadful 1-8.

What the hell man?

Edited by turtle28
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

So after beating the Lakers at home, the Wizards have dropped two straight to the Hawks and Rockets on the road, they’re awful on the road. The Hawks game was most frustrating, besides Beal, everyone else played pretty awful.

I didn’t expect them to beat the Rockets, but I didn’t expect them to give up 136 pts. Their D continues to be their biggest problem even after trading for Ariza.

Also, Dekker is playing pretty well and showing some flashes.

He had 20 pts vs the Lakers and 15 pts (7-8, 1-2 from 3) tonight against the Rockets. So, he’s showing some potential there. 

I still don’t understand how our good 3-pt shooters are shooting so poorly. It seems that Ariza has just picked up Otto’s poor 3-pt shooting since he got here.

Ariza is 5-19 in the last two games from 3, tonight he was a dreadful 1-8.

What the hell man?

Everyone knows John Wall goes out in Atlanta the night before the game then plays hungover.  I’m not kidding, the guys on nba radio we’re talking about it and had witnesses and his stats to back it up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Everyone knows John Wall goes out in Atlanta the night before the game then plays hungover.  I’m not kidding, the guys on nba radio we’re talking about it and had witnesses and his stats to back it up.

So, he goes out the night before. And then, the game starts 18-20 hours later and Wall is still hungover? I’m not saying he doesn’t go out, but let’s do the math here. Imo the guys on NBA radio are just looking for a storyline.

Also, do we have to single Wall out for doing what 99% of all NBA players do?

Seems petty but then again, I see why.

The weird/frustrating part is this the discrepancy for Wall’s stats in home games vs road games:

Home

45%, 38% from 3, 66% FT? WTF!, +4, 26 ppg, 3.9 rebs, 8.8 asts 

Road

39%, 24% from 3, 77% FT ugh, -13.6, 17 ppg, 3.1 rebs, 8.9 asts

Obviously, Wall has to play better on the road. These discrepancies in his home and road aplits are unacceptable and he should be shooting around 80% from the FT line, that has to get better! Has to!

Edited by turtle28
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, turtle28 said:

So, he goes out the night before. And then, the game starts 18-20 hours later and Wall is still hungover? I’m not saying he doesn’t go out, but let’s do the math here. Imo the guys on NBA radio are just looking for a storyline.

  1. It partially depends on when he comes back to the hotel.
  2. Part of the problem (regardless of his return time) is that he would not get a good night's sleep before the game.
  3. If he doesn't rehydrate properly, he'll be off all day.

Side note: if you're going out drinking, make sure you have a 32 oz of Gatorade. Drink it before you go to bed. You can thank me later. Those of you who are dads of infants/toddlers, you can substitute Pedialyte for Gatorade ... enjoy.

5 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Also, do we have to single Wall out for doing what 99% of all NBA players do?

  1. 99% of NBA players go out partying the night before the game?
  2. He's coming up on a supermax contract deal. He's supposed to be one of the best in the business, but he still doesn't prepare like he is.
5 hours ago, turtle28 said:

The weird/frustrating part is this the discrepancy for Wall’s stats in home games vs road games:

Home

45%, 38% from 3, 66% FT? WTF!, +4, 26 ppg, 3.9 rebs, 8.8 asts 

Road

39%, 24% from 3, 77% FT ugh, -13.6, 17 ppg, 3.1 rebs, 8.9 asts

Obviously, Wall has to play better on the road. These discrepancies in his home and road aplits are unacceptable and he should be shooting around 80% from the FT line, that has to get better! Has to!

So ... the going out partying on the road is just a complete red herring? Couldn't have anything to do with that disparity?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Woz said:
  1. It partially depends on when he comes back to the hotel.
  2. Part of the problem (regardless of his return time) is that he would not get a good night's sleep before the game.
  3. If he doesn't rehydrate properly, he'll be off all day.

Side note: if you're going out drinking, make sure you have a 32 oz of Gatorade. Drink it before you go to bed. You can thank me later. Those of you who are dads of infants/toddlers, you can substitute Pedialyte for Gatorade ... enjoy.

  1. 99% of NBA players go out partying the night before the game?
  2. He's coming up on a supermax contract deal. He's supposed to be one of the best in the business, but he still doesn't prepare like he is.

So ... the going out partying on the road is just a complete red herring? Couldn't have anything to do with that disparity?

Umm yeah, it’s a known fact that NBA players party all the time. There are a few on each team who may not, like a Bradley Beal who’s extremely religious and I don’t even think drinks, but most of them go out constantly.

Gortat walked out of a club in LA last year before they had a game the next day drunk off his arse with his arm around 2 model chicks.

Wall parties in DC too, the team and him just are playing awful on the road this year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

I don't think you can look at some of the videos floating around of John Wall's effort, and think he's a solution here. Not sure how you get rid of him though with the super max.

 

I believe he only gets the super max if he’s on the wizards. So, we could trade him and I don’t think the other team has to pay him that, but Ted isn’t trading Wall. Even despite Wall’s inconsistency, he’s still a moneymaker for Ted and Ted cares a lot about that.

I could totally see the team beholding around Beal if they moved Wall, but I just don’t think Ted trades Wall and, they’re not trading Beal w/o getting another star back in return.

Trading Beal for George, Leonard or Butler was the thing to do but bc it want even offered, my guess is Ted was a hard no on that.

Edited by turtle28
Link to post
Share on other sites

Wall auditioned for LA and then took two games off. I don't think it had anything to do with drinking or going out. That was easily the hardest he played all year (against) LA. I could have seen one game hangover then a bounceback against the Rockets. But he had nothing against Houston.

I'd take a bag of donuts in trade so long as we get rid of that contract.

On Bullets Forever, I wrote about who I wanted in the draft. This morning, ESPN has the Wiz taking this guy --- Sekou Doumbouya, PF/SF, France

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Skinsin2013 said:

Wall auditioned for LA and then took two games off. I don't think it had anything to do with drinking or going out. That was easily the hardest he played all year (against) LA. I could have seen one game hangover then a bounceback against the Rockets. But he had nothing against Houston.

I'd take a bag of donuts in trade so long as we get rid of that contract.

On Bullets Forever, I wrote about who I wanted in the draft. This morning, ESPN has the Wiz taking this guy --- Sekou Doumbouya, PF/SF, France

You may take a bag of donuts for an all-star and former All-NBA PG but no GM in the NBA will do that. 

You can write whatever you want for Bullets Forever and come up with scenarios that won’t happen. I used to blog too when I had more free time before marriage and work for really crazy.

Wall is only getting traded if we get another All-Star back in return, most likely an All-Star big man or maybe Wall for Lonzo Ball, Ingram & Kuzma but I doubt the Lakers want to give up their 3 young good players and I really think that Ted agreeing to trade Wall it even Beal is a pipe dream that will never happen.

You and MKnight have talked about trading Wall since I started this thread months ago, it’s neve even been a true consideration by the Wizards front offense, especially their owner.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Skinsin2013 said:

Wall auditioned for LA and then took two games off. I don't think it had anything to do with drinking or going out. That was easily the hardest he played all year (against) LA. I could have seen one game hangover then a bounceback against the Rockets. But he had nothing against Houston.

I'd take a bag of donuts in trade so long as we get rid of that contract.

On Bullets Forever, I wrote about who I wanted in the draft. This morning, ESPN has the Wiz taking this guy --- Sekou Doumbouya, PF/SF, France

I think John is a good human being, but he's a lazy basketball player, and I think he will be as long as he's on the Wizards. I'd be fine dumping him if we found a trade partner (we won't).

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

You may take a bag of donuts for an all-star and former All-NBA PG but no GM in the NBA will do that. 

You can write whatever you want for Bullets Forever and come up with scenarios that won’t happen. I used to blog too when I had more free time before marriage and work for really crazy.

Wall is only getting traded if we get another All-Star back in return, most likely an All-Star big man or maybe Wall for Lonzo Ball, Ingram & Kuzma but I doubt the Lakers want to give up their 3 young good players and I really think that Ted agreeing to trade Wall it even Beal is a pipe dream that will never happen.

You and MKnight have talked about trading Wall since I started this thread months ago, it’s neve even been a true consideration by the Wizards front offense, especially their owner.

Should we trade Wall and... can we trade Wall (and for what)... are two separate but related questions.

Just because Ted won't (possibly) trade him doesn't do you any favors.

Should we trade him? Absolutely. Do you disagree?

Can we trade him (and for what)? This is a tougher question. Again, forget that dope Ted. I've seen trade returns all over the board. LA isn't a possibility as all indications point toward them saving up for Anthony Davis. And AD or Wall... AD please. NY makes sense.

I don't need an all-star back in return. Moving on from Wall means moving on from 1) inconsistency; 2) a poor locker room leader; 3) a guy that blames others; 4) an underperformer; and 5) the worst contact on this team.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

I think John is a good human being, but he's a lazy basketball player, and I think he will be as long as he's on the Wizards. I'd be fine dumping him if we found a trade partner (we won't).

A good human being sometimes. He gives a lot to the community. But Rosebar, tossing teammates under the bus, flipping gang signs during games, cursing all over instagram.

Well... bye.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...