Off-Topic: The Washington Wizards Thread

turtle28

9 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

So they were suppose to sign both Beal and Porter but let Wall go is what your tryna say buy constantly only talking about Walls numbers? 

I think I've been clear. Moving forward, their best bet is to part with John Wall, and his supermax, first. From there, they can move Beal and/or Porter and I'm okay with that.

2 hours ago, Skinsin2013 said:

I think I've been clear. Moving forward, their best bet is to part with John Wall, and his supermax, first. From there, they can move Beal and/or Porter and I'm okay with that.

Thats not happening. I can't see them starting all over again. Wall is the Star and best All-star on this team. I don't see him being moved. I think its best they trade Beal. They never should've paid Porter that much. They should've just let him sign elsewhere and went after PG or another AllStar to play with Wall and Beal. 

• Like 1

they need to move wall and porter, i dont see neither of them winning a championship, beal on the other hand is someone that I would not give up at all. to me their are players around the league who i could see liking the idea of playing with beal. dont forget we could open up some max spaces, we need to draft better

2 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

Thats not happening. I can't see them starting all over again. Wall is the Star and best All-star on this team. I don't see him being moved. I think its best they trade Beal. They never should've paid Porter that much. They should've just let him sign elsewhere and went after PG or another AllStar to play with Wall and Beal. 

You're seriously overvaluing Wall.  In a league where a PGs primary responsibilities are now defense and 3 point shooting, Wall can do neither.  Another problem with Wall is that his strengths all come from his athleticism, so his ability is going to plummet as he ages.  

Trading Beal would be foolish.  Beal is the Wizards best player, and he's their most reasonable contract of their "big" 3.  

Porter can get moved but it'll just make the Wizards worse.  Everyone wants to crap on his stats (his 3 point shooting has been a little off but not that bad really) but he's easily the Wizards best perimeter defender.  

13 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

You're seriously overvaluing Wall.  In a league where a PGs primary responsibilities are now defense and 3 point shooting, Wall can do neither.  Another problem with Wall is that his strengths all come from his athleticism, so his ability is going to plummet as he ages.  

Trading Beal would be foolish.  Beal is the Wizards best player, and he's their most reasonable contract of their "big" 3.  

Porter can get moved but it'll just make the Wizards worse.  Everyone wants to crap on his stats (his 3 point shooting has been a little off but not that bad really) but he's easily the Wizards best perimeter defender.  

Agree to Disagree. When Beal or Porter can give me a show like Wall did against Lebron than we can talk. The Capitol One Arena was filled with L.A. fans (I was there) and Wall showed everybody who's building they were in. I dont see that "IT" in Beal or Porter. They have been together how long and still can't find a way to make progress with this bunch. Time to shake things up!! If you do trade Wall you better be getting something worth the while when do so. Wall with Lebron, KD, Leonard (in Toronto), Harden, or Giannis Antetokounmpo would be dangerous!

2 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

Exactly, they’re not going to trade Wall, perhaps they should but those who have said they should for a year or more are in fact talking to an actual wall... it’s not happening!

They screwed up in making Porter their highest paid player and at the same time overpaying for avg players like Mahinmi etc in that offseason. Ernie should’ve just filled out the roster with young guys at that point to develop, like McClellan types.

I wouldn’t trade Beal unless they got a great deal back in return. Trading him or Wall just to trade them to me, just doesn’t make much sense.

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

Exactly, they’re not going to trade Wall, perhaps they should but those who have said they should for a year or more are in fact talking to an actual wall... it’s not happening!

They screwed up in making Porter their highest paid player and at the same time overpaying for avg players like Mahinmi etc in that offseason. Ernie should’ve just filled out the roster with young guys at that point to develop, like McClellan types.

I wouldn’t trade Beal unless they got a great deal back in return. Trading him or Wall just to trade them to me, just doesn’t make much sense.

Forgot about the Mahinmi signing but yes that's another overpaid guy who shouldn't have been signed. Gortat was kept too long IMO as well. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

It’s true that over the next 5 years Wall will continue to lose his athleticism. It’s not true that he doesn’t have great value when his head is in the game and he’s motivated. Very few players can still stop his penetration, which opens up easy buckets for everyone else.

It’s true that Beal is currently playing the best on the Wizards which, means he’s also has the best value. So, if you’re interested in getting good value for any of them and/or starting over, he’s the guy you move. Again, I’d only trade him for another player who’s of All-Star caliber.

Porter, Beal and now Ariza’s inconsistent 3 point shooting has been as big of a problem for the Wizards this year as anything else. Beal is having his worst year from 3 - he should be shooting 40% or better - Porter is having his second worst year from 3 and Ariza hasn’t been knocking them down like he used to either. 

Also, Porter is one of the teams best defensive players and that is in fact a huge problem bc he’s not that great of a defensive player. He’s not athletic enough to guard the best wings in the NBA unlike Wall & Beal who are, but give inconsistent effort on defense.

Our best defensive player currently is Ariza but bc we are lacking bigs right now he is being forced to guard power forwards like Blake Griffin in the post and naturally when an offensive player outweighs another by 30 pounds in the post he’s going to dominate the defensive player.

24 minutes ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

Do we have our first? We need tank like crazy.

Yes. One of the pundits said trade talks had cooled on Beal and Porter. But now the buzzards will circle again. Beal and Porter are both probably pretty pumped. Moving forward, will have a new young talent, Beal or Porter, and an old nub in Wall.

Quite honestly, their best bet is to trade Beal. You get the most return for him; and he'll most certainly bolt when his contract his up.